Love the angst but not the reason!!

Posted: 7 years ago
Why is the forum crying over the angst? Am I watching a different show??😊

It is so nice to see intensity and passion. After a long time I feel like watching the episodes multiple times. I can totally visualize this Dev and Sona just giving in to their baser (or better?) instincts and making out unlike the Dev and Sona of episodes 100 to 125..I know I am dreaming. ðŸ˜†

Dev and Sona scenes just prior to break up had become perfect soporifics for me!

Seeing all this I feel they are laying the foundation to land the show at the point in time in which the origional promos were set. This track seems to be about Dev realizing and deciding he cannot move on and Sona trying to move on but realizing she cannot...and accepting it

For them to accept the state of affairs we saw in the promo, they need to go through this phase.

BUT

- I am still not happy about the reason for all the strife - Ishwari. Such an issue is not worth this angst and definitely not with the way they have portrayed her character of late
- I will not be happy with a Dev who will not ask for time to make things work, but like in the promo will get the benefit of Sona's company and counsel. I know that eventually they will make it to marriage and have an equation post marriage but the woman in me would not be happy with this state of affairs for Sona no matter how compelling the story telling

Edited by bookworm123 - 7 years ago
Things are slowly taking us to the initial promo... We just need to wait and watch.

The writing, direction, concept and execution is so real that it breaks your heart to see this happening to such beautiful characters of your favorite show.😭

Exactly!!! I don't understand why everyone is moping around. I mentioned this on saumya's post as well, when the jealousy scene aired, I had a big smile on my face and when I checked the forum, everyone had tears in their eyes. 
I'm sooo hoping for some high octane intensity and yelling on both Dev and Sonakshi's part. All this is necessary to make their story a classic. It's that ridiculous, all consuming love that is finally peeping out instead of the school boy romance. I think this is the perfect time for a Devakshi kiss😃 but I think I'm hoping for much more than the makers are ready to allow!

I still don't understand where they are going with Ishwari's character. She has no remorse, not even a little acknowledgment of what she's done. In yesterday's episode she was telling Dev, usne koi galti nai ki thi, woh kabhi apni maa ko nai bhula blah blah..  I was like, yeah right! If that was the case then who told her to do the sleeping pill drama😡
Even I won't be happy with the Dev from the promos. This Dev, who just needs sona as much as he needs air to breathe, this is the Dev i like and want to see more of. I hope this makes him take a stand in the future😃
Originally posted by JyotiBThakur

Things are slowly taking us to the initial promo... We just need to wait and watch.

The writing, direction, concept and execution is so real that it breaks your heart to see this happening to such beautiful characters of your favorite show.😭

The show is again back to being enjoyable. The fact that we feel for the characters irrespective of what we feel (enjoying the track or feeling for the characters like you do), it is all good. It just means the show is engaging the viewers!

Yay your are back!
I too am unable to connect with the reason for this breakup seems contrived but I like the angst too
Do you think they will go the secret marriage way? 
(not a spoiler just a question!😆...)

I know it's wrong on so many levels and so very problematic. I dont see Sonakshi ever agreeing to it at all plus her family. i was wondering where all this is going.

If Dev confronts his mum and makes her accept Sonakshi, I will  be really anxious for her post marriage. What will she do when she sees Dev obviously not coping well with their separation? 

If Dev forces Ishwari to accept Sonakshi, there might be a rift between mother and Son, which Sonakshi will try to heal. 

I keep remembering that promo clip where they talk conspiratorially on the phone. 
"I thought you were not going to talk to me anymore,  or Ma?" 
"I care about Auntyji,  or else I'd have made her drink karela juice.."
Mother calls in background..
"Go then your Mummy summons..."
"what about you?"
"I'll be drinking Karela juice..."

what a promo man.. amazing stuff.
Edited by AnnzSageflower7 - 7 years ago
I have a feeling they will go the way of Sona not able to move on and wait for Dev..then what is the million $ question
In bold agree with this:  This track seems to be about Dev realizing and deciding he cannot move on and Sona trying to move on but realizing she cannot...and accepting it

For them to accept the state of affairs we saw in the promo, they need to go through this phase.

right from the first episode, till date, they have paced the show nicely . The initial encounter, the accident, friendship, love and now break up. Every thing has moved with the same pace and yes the makers have now moved to a difficult terrain.

We cannot expect a kal break up, aaj jealousy and tomorrow patch up.  Its that time when Dev realizes that "ITS SONA" and no one else and Sona tries to move on and for her too '' ITS DEV" and no one else.  Dev has tried to think of a future with natasha and rejected it. Similarly, Sona may think of a future with Ritick and soon reject it. ( My hope). That would be the basis for the next level of their relationship.

Coming to Ishu mata, I actually cannot for my senses, think how this character is gonna have a redemption. I dont think she will turn out typical saas, but if she can send ritwick ka rista to sona's house then anything can happen. 
Originally posted by Malvika07

Exactly!!! I don't understand why everyone is moping around. I mentioned this on saumya's post as well, when the jealousy scene aired, I had a big smile on my face and when I checked the forum, everyone had tears in their eyes. 

Yes! I knew it! We would feel the same way!🤗. These episodes have repeat value. I am so glad that once more Dev and Sona are back in focus and Dev's entire day is about her. Earlier he was just saying hi and bye to her before and after work. 

Plus, I was so tired of them meeting at his home for 100+ episodes before and after work. All of this makes for a nice change of scene!

I'm sooo hoping for some high octane intensity and yelling on both Dev and Sonakshi's part. All this is necessary to make their story a classic. It's that ridiculous, all consuming love that is finally peeping out instead of the school boy romance. I think this is the perfect time for a Devakshi kiss😃 but I think I'm hoping for much more than the makers are ready to allow!

The part 2 of break up we saw on SBS looked intense but why oh why don't they ever touch????😡. I need Dev and Sona to binge watch Kaisi yeh Yaariyan. The couple in that show found a way to touch through breaks ups and separation and these two stand miles apart even when in a relationship. Groan!!

I still don't understand where they are going with Ishwari's character. She has no remorse, not even a little acknowledgment of what she's done. In yesterday's episode she was telling Dev, usne koi galti nai ki thi, woh kabhi apni maa ko nai bhula blah blah..  I was like, yeah right! If that was the case then who told her to do the sleeping pill drama😡

I think most people have stopped connecting with her character now. The trouble is that even if we try to ignore her, we cannot because she is the reason for the angst.

Even I won't be happy with the Dev from the promos. This Dev, who just needs sona as much as he needs air to breathe, this is the Dev i like and want to see more of. I hope this makes him take a stand in the future😃

WORD. We like this Dev who needs her every single day but I have an additional grouse. I do not want to see Sona waiting for him when they are at a standstill because of Ish's issues which we cannot relate to and which Dev refuses to address. Since Ish's arc is the weakest link, everything related to it gets impacted. It is making Dev's character come across as cowardly not conflicted.
Edited by bookworm123 - 7 years ago
Originally posted by bookworm123

Yayy *HUGS*
It's such a relief to see him pining and yearning for her 24x7. It's good that he's gonna break the laptop in front of Ish. Maybe then she'll realize the impact the break up has had on him.
I knowww!! I was hoping when he gets drunk he will try to get handsy with Sonakshi, but as usual, that didn't happen. He behaves like sucha romeo without even kissing her. What is their problem with intimacy I don't understand. I've lost hope now.
Exactly, Ish is so central to the plot that we can't even ignore her, no matter how badly we want to.
Me too! I don't want her to be all submissive and stand by him when he behaves like a spineless bf who can't take a stand for his love. 
Did you catch the sbs segment today? I saw the video just now, he's starting to act crazy. Also, he's gonna organize a date for sona and ritik according to a spoiler. Isn't that creepy? The segment had a line where Dev tells her ' I can't forget you and I can't let you forget me'. Reminded me of sunil shetty from dhadkan with his 'Mein tumhe bhul jau yeh ho nai sakta aur tum mujhe bhul jao yeh mein hone nai dunga' 
I like a jealous and possessive Dev, but I hope they handle it well and not push him over into creepy mode, like they did with Ishwari's character.