Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Mona_90

Intresting part..
Rk ko forced kia uska papa na isha shadi ka liya and wo kisi married woman sa pyar karta hai..
In sab ma madhu ka kya ? Uska parents ka dream ka kya jo unhona apne beti ka future ko lekar dekha hai?
Sahi kaha madhu na society ma ek marrige relation break hona ka liya ladki ko hi jimedar kara jayega uski life normal nahi hoga..
Waiting for next part..

Thanks Mona!

Haan tumne sach kaha. Madhu is smart. Hope Rishabh sees her side :)
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Poorva.

Interesting story.. Continue soon.. So Rk's dad forced him to get married to Madhu.. Poor Madhu.. Waiting for next.

Thanks dear for reading and commenting.

Yes Rishabh was compelled or I can say put in a spot by his dad. 
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhurish

part - 2

great update! 
It all started with a compromise! 
he should really go with her idea... though he is forced to marry her its his problem.. he has no right to spoil Madhu's life... is his grandpa's deathbed wish more important to him than an innocent girl's life? he should have thought about the prospective consequences... he should have known that every action has its own consequence.. now he is facing it! 
Madhu is strong.. she didn't broke down like a weakling... even in this situation she thinks abt her loved ones... her family... she doesn't want her family to face insults from the so called society.. 
Gah! that man, Rishab's father has the nerve to suggest his son to carry on with two women secretly.. shameless arrogant oldie! 
glad Rishab at least told the truth to his wife... he didn't keep that a secret & hurt her more than already she is... 
looking forward to read how their life is gonna turn.. 
thanks for the super quick updates di.. 

Sudha dearest. Unfortunately reality is worse that we think.  And Madhu has suddenly been dumped into this situation. But as you said Rishabh was nice enough to say the truth to Madhu and not keep her in the dark as some men would. 
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya2010

RK is forced to marry Madhu but poor girl has to suffer from the mistake of others and has to stay with a man who doesn't love her, her parents will be shattered if they come to know about her, one day Rk will be madly in love with her but for the time being hope he accepts her offer.

Waiting for the next update.

Thanks Ananya! 

Life plays strange games indeed! 

Next update coming up!
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: manna43

Hi , Simi. Wow ,I am so happy u r going to post ur story here.Love this story .However I already read it at ur blog.But want to refresh my memories of Shawn n ruhi. Love u dear for reposting this story.

Wow! Nyc to see you again!

Thanks so much! I plan to post Part 2 also. 

Hope you enjoy the RM version :D
simikr thumbnail
Thanks for all the 'Likes' and comments! So nice to see this forum is still bustling with activity!
Since I want to post Book 2 of this story I am going to run through Book 1. I hope you all wouldn't mind :) 

So here are Chap 3 and 4. 

3. Decisions

"Dad! She wants to come with me."

"Hmmm...does she?" His father's furrowed brows knotted together for a few seconds, then his face lit up with an amused grin. "So our Amrit's daughter has a backbone. I like that!"

"What? Do you already know her family?"

"Yes, her father is a close friend."

"Friend? And you let me...?" Stranger or friend, anybody and everybody was fair game for Shiv Ahuja. But then, was Rishabh any better?

His father shrugged. "So it'd seem we have a problem on our hands or, rather, you do. I wouldn't care either way, though if you stay married, it would make life much easier for me."

"I didn't expect any sympathy from you." Rishabh felt quite alone in his quandary.

"Ha! Wonder why she suggested that? Perhaps she wishes to emigrate, or better still, she has fallen in love with you," Shiv said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Rishabh looked doubtfully at him. "I don't think so, but she does have a point."

"Again, if I were you, son, I wouldn't hurry into anything. She has given you a way out and is not demanding much in return. Think it over, the final decision is yours."

Rishabh thought it over.

He thought while gazing out the window of his old room at a landscape that had become unrecognizable in the few years he had been on his own.

Madhu came out of the bathroom looking young and fresh in a maroon sari with a yellow border, coloring deeply when she found him staring at her. "Is there something wrong with the way I look?" she asked. "Should I change?"

Smiling, he said, "No, that color becomes you." Then, as though he had uttered something terrible, he turned abruptly and left the room.

Later, they went over to her parent's place, where there were rituals, rituals, rituals...empty, meaningless rituals. And crowds, laughter, silly inane banter.

It all helped him think; the chaos gave him space.

It was weird; like he was an outsider at his own wedding party. Her folks were nice people; indeed, they were a neat, little, happy family. Though Madhu was her parent's only offspring, she made up for the numbers with close friends and cousins. And she was quite popular, what with the way everybody thronged to her. She sparkled, she glowed, and she blushed, playing her part well. It was as though he were watching a movie in slow motion. No one could have suspected.

He felt a nudge on his side. "What happened, jiju?" A young girl stood next to him, his wife's cousin he presumed. "Haven't you had enough of di's beauty that you have eyes for nobody else?"

He smiled. If only they knew the truth. But he wasn't going to spoil their fun; they were all but innocent spectators at the grandest sham of the decade.

If she could put on a front, so could he. He joined in the festivities. The celebrations were in his honor and for his benefit, so why not? It was unlikely he would ever tie the knot again. He enjoyed all the attention, to be treated like a king.

"Son? Is it okay if I call you beta?" his father-in-law asked Rishabh; he had kind eyes.

Rishabh looked over to his wife"what an odd-sounding word"and she mouthed a silent, "Please." Then she smiled, her eyelashes drifting down in shy discomposure, carrying on as though it was one of the happiest days of her life.

"Of course! Zaroor! Think of me as your son, Daddyji!" Rishabh reached down to touch his feet, but his father-in-law embraced him. Rishabh thought he saw tears in the man's eyes.

He had made his decision.

4: Frontiers

"He has agreed! Oh, Mama, he has agreed!"

The happiness and relief was so immense for Madhu that she wanted to jump up, grab her mother, and do a little dance around the room like she had done on the day she had won her first trophy at school. The gamble had paid off; she had bought herself some time.

Time during which she could maybe... She regarded herself critically in the mirror.

What could this other woman possess that she didn't? People had extolled on her beauty ever since she had been a babe in her mother's arms, or so she had been told. And she didn't exactly hate the way she looked"if it wasn't for that tiny black mole, which made its presence known above the right side of her generous mouth. Her mama called it her beauty spot; one that would protect her from the evil eye. But it was the least of her concerns.

Madhu watched as her mother folded her clothes into an enormous suitcase. She handed her the maroon sari; it had become her favorite though she personally didn't care much for the color combination.

Mama was feeling forlorn, yet putting on a brave face for Madhu's sake. She knew she would cry when she bid her good-bye, but those tears would be shed in happiness. What would  her mother have done if she knew this was but a gigantic deception?

Madhu couldn't bring herself to imagine how heart-broken the woman would be when she found out their one-in-a-million son-in-law had no intention of keeping up with his promises.

"These airline carriers allow for such limited baggage," Devyani lamented, shaking her head as she packed what she could into her daughter's already overstuffed luggage. "I have put in some pickles, spices and sweetmeats, household things are now available there as well, so I've heard. Ask damaadji, he seems like such a nice boy. You are happy, aren't you, my child?"

Madhu smiled. If only she knew. "Yes, Mama, I'm very happy. Yes, he'll take care of everything."

In Rishabh's favor, he appeared to be making a fair effort, and for that, Madhu was grateful.

"Don't worry, your daughter is my wife now. I'll take good care of her." Rishabh sounded sincere as he reassured her father who appeared to be struggling with the idea of letting her go; she was so very close to him.

Though she didn't feel like weeping that day, somehow the tears flowed unabated"of betrayal and regret, more for her father that his dreams would soon be shattered.

She was caught in a panic as they waited at the airport departure lounge as they waited for their flight to the U.S. All of a sudden, she didn't want to leave with this stranger. The whole family had gathered to bid her goodbye. She listened quietly to all the good-natured advice, but let most of it float over her head.

"I've heard over there everything is available on credit; don't get carried away," her father said.

"Don't wander off anywhere alone. Always have your husband with you," this from her mother. "Cook his favorite foods and listen to what he says. Be an obedient wife."

And the usual conspiratorial aside from her mother's annoying sister, "Don't rush to have kids, wait for a couple of years. It is of primary importance to make sure your husband stays hooked. You cannot trust these men." That one was unnecessary.

Rishabh was having a tough time though, not taking very well to the constant ribbing from her male cousins, and she really didn't feel like stopping them.

But then he took his frustration out on her. "You better take those off," he said curtly, indicating her thick gold bangles, "unless you want to miss the flight."

And then later as she gazed at another new bride whose face was proof enough of her happiness, he startled her by putting an arm around her shoulders. He also grazed her forehead with his lips, which she thought was uncalled for. This sparked a lot of uneasy loud whispers.

"He lives abroad, that's why."

She flushed with anger and a yet unknown turmoil as he grinned, mocking her, conveying a warning in not so many words.

It was distressing; perhaps she should have accepted his initial offer?

Later in the huge 747 as she struggled in economy (Rishabh had refused her father's gift of business class seats) to crouch as far away from a lanky middle-aged man with a particularly vile breath, he came to her rescue and exchanged seats.

"I guess I should sit next to you since we are legally married, aren't we?" His blunt sarcasm made her chest hurt.

Then he chuckled when she started chanting the Hanuman Chalisa under her breath. "You would have to repeat that at least a million times before we are on solid ground again."

"But I hate flying!" She looked terrified as she wiped her sticky palms on her long kurta. The only flight she remembered being on had landed almost as soon as it had taken off.

"The chances of us crashing are as remote as you climbing Mt. Everest, unless you really want to," he said with a sympathetic smile.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Well...I happen to know this plane inside and out. It's something I do!" he answered, a glint of pride in his eyes.

She was intrigued, and the rest of the journey was spent in her getting a free lesson on the intricate mechanics of a jumbo 747. Her fears flew away as he eulogized the virtues of its engines as if they were the most wonderful creatures in the world. It had her wishing fervently that one day she would be the subject of his incredibly intense passion. But that scenario was far from likely she thought with a disconsolate smile on her beautiful face.

Her only solace being that he seemed to find inanimate objects much more interesting than living ones. There appeared to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Tbc

PS: The story has just begun to warm up. Please like and comment. Will post more soon. 

madhurish thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Part - 3 
Beautiful...
I got so emotional when Madhu's father asked Rishab whether he can call him Son & his tears while hugging his son in law clearly showed how much he loved his baby girl & he also believed that she was in safe hands... 
I bet Madhu would have been so sexy in that maroon with yellow border saree... 
Aww... The 'please' she asked through her eyes... Just loved that moment... 
The Ruhi... Oops Madhu we see now is totally different from the one at the end of the book... She is so soft, meek, blushy... She is just like a kitten...lol! But then she will turn so strong... Fiery... She will look like a blazing fire... I love that transformation in her... All thanks to Rishab! Lol! 
I m trying to comment like i m reading the story for the first time... But i could help... 
I m early waitng for Sooj, debo & their kid... Oh how could i miss Sunshine? My one of the most favorite supporting character in this book.. Guess she will come only at the 23rd part... Not sure...
Read this book is like watching my fav movie again & again...thanks di.

Part - 4 

Really enjoying this story.. Once again! 
I love the way u write all the minute details... Like Ruhi's mole on her upper lip... Madhu reciting hanuma chalisa... Madhu's piping hot parathas (which she will make in the next or next to next update) and once Eric will also taste & have tears nah? Bcos Ruhi's hot parathas will be hot & spicy like her... A deadly combination...

Oh i missed to mention... One thing Shiv got so right... He guessed Madhu might have fallen in love with his son already... Lol! 
I thought he will talk only nasty... But something good he said for a change... Lol!

Loved both the updates di... 

My day started with your story... I know there in US... Its night for u... Here morning for me... & first thing i do everyday is check forum as soon as woke up & i did the same today... & see i came first to read two awesome updates... Lol!
Thanks di...
Edited by madhurish - 7 years ago
Supervampire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
madhu parents are good nd don't know the truth but what about rk's father. i don't understood him πŸ˜• he is confusing manπŸ˜” he is gud or not 
vishuv thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know what to say about this chapter... Rishab is unpredictable! He himself who made a mockery of their marriage is now mocking at her family? I can't believe it. I am indeed eager to know that girlfriend...
Madhu's family treats her as a Princess, only if they know that their dreams were already shattered! They are so good...they don't deserve this. On the other side, Rishab's father is confusing...he is sick and disgusting! Sure Rishab had got few traits from him...

At the last part I could only sympathies with Madhu...when she wishes to be his subject of intense passion.

I am happy you are posting it everyday!! Want to read everything so soon... I visited your blog too...and I found out that you are a Doctor!!! My dream career!!
...Seema... thumbnail
V v v v v v v really glad to see u back
Prologue..a v interesting prologue nw going to read chap1