RENUKA SHAHANE CLARIFIES,SAYS I AM NOT ANTI SALMAN

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago

Renuka Shahane,who played Salman Khan's Bhabhi in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun' was recently in news for her Facebook post on Salman Khan's acquittal in the blackbuck case.

She has been facing trolls since then as it didn't go down well with Salman's fans. But recently talking to TOI, She has now clarified that she is not against Salman. Renuka said that she was just raising questions about the judicial system. 

I know Salman's fans are really hurt and I am being tagged as anti-Salman, but people are reacting without even reading the complete post or understanding what I am trying to say. I am not against Salman and neither is that post. I have always shared a very cordial relationship with him." She told to TOI

She further added, "The questions in my post have been in my mind for long. It is about ourjudicial system. Cases itne lambe chalte hi kyon hain? Why isn't there a time frame within which cases should end? This case could have gone on for 25 years and for so many years, everyone involved has a mental pressure."

Shahane adds, "What happens to the eyewitnesses? As a common person who pays taxes, I think Ideserve the right to ask these questions. Anybody can be in this situation. Some people are advising me that I should not be questioning the judiciary, but someone has to ask these questions, and I am sure that I am not the only who has these questions. These questions do not just apply to just Salman's case, but to all cases that drag on for years. I fail to understand - why can't we have opinions? Every time someone speaks up to express something relevant, people say that it is just to gain publicity. Arre bhai, aisa kuch nahi hai. They are just questions. She adds that all those people who are accusing her of being "anti-Salman" should know that "in the earlier case (the hit-and-run case), I had posted that Salman should not pay the price for being a celebrity. He should be tried in court like any other person and the law should be equal for all." After Salman's acquittal in the poaching case, Shahane put up a Facebook post, an excerpt from which says, "In 1998 a Black Buck & 2 Chinkaras (that are endangered species & therefore cannot be killed) were allegedly killed on a hunting trip that included Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Tabu & Sonali Bendre... Out of all only Salman was charged... No charges were framedagainst the others. The case carried on & on & on as our cases do for two main reasons 1) Havingbig bucks (sometimes even black bucks...different from the Black Buck who passed) or 2) Not having big bucks. Salman of course falls in the 1st category of big bucks... So now after 18 years he has been acquitted of charges in both cases."
Source & Credits : Times Of India

Edited by ZanduBaaM - 7 years ago