Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sujairohit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
just saw the 1st episode of Kala paisa pyar .Its a very different and interesting show.Engin as Omer so good.
SaraFatma thumbnail
Kala paisa pyar/kara para ask was the biggest hit of 2014-2015. 
Engin plays a undercover cop/inspector/commisioner in it.

The opening scene was so iconic and set the thene for the whole show. I remember people going shocked that omg ia it the same Kerim guys hes so different and versatile. He was already famous but won even more of fans after that. 
He plays a very witty and street smart guy who is quick with words and his attitude is too damn hot.

In BBO he plays a crazy majnoo, in FGSN he plays a guilty lover and in KPA he plays a brave witty lover...
Lover is a must its Engin u know his fanbase tunes in to watch him cry and be romantic 70% of the time ahhaaa

I think he can pull off a show without romanxe but his fanbase would probabaly commit suicide before that happens lolZ

🤣
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Engin is bilingual iv heard from fansites. But he does not speak English. So apart from turkish he probabaly speaks some local dialect or maybe german which is common for Turks. He did go to London to learn English somtime in 2012 till 2013 it is rumored though. Maybe he is learning. But so far no he does not speak english apart from small words like thankyou welcome etc.

About his new projects, he was supposedly offered 3 but 2 have been rejected. The recent one doing rounds in websites is a character of a gangster and probably serenay sarikaya or sengel somthing will be opposite him. I hope ita serenay. Sengel seems like an aunty lol.

He was offered to play sultan in kosem suktan series but apparently he dint do it. Even beren saat left the series according to websites. They were asking him to play her son and she is younger than him so dint want to she was afraid people wont like it as they are one of the iconic couples.

So far only rumoura no bonafide fact confirmed by his agent. Hes busy holdaying in Kas these days.

Oh great, I mean he has a huge fanbase globally, so he should brush up his English speaking skills. Anyway I find him very intelligent, his choice of projects is simply fab. Till date he has done some real classy shows and roles with substance. You can makeout how passionate he is about his roles and gets into the skin of the character.

The 3rd project that he's not yet rejected seems quite interesting. But the heroine - SS for me is a real put off. I felt she couldn't act and lookwise not that great at all. I saw her in MC and discontinued watching the show bcoz of her (just my opinion) though I am fan of Cags. I hope they pair some good looking and smart girl opposite Engin. Don't turks repeat their pairing? For eg Beren & Engin, how I wish they would have.

Happy to know that the lady who played Maryam and EA are good friends so also Berne and the lady who plays Muqaddas. I guess even EA and Beren are friends right.

Yes he is holidaying in Kas, we can see that by his pics.

Though he is not active on any social media sites but still we can see him through these pics that we get to see.
iamanaida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Kala paisa pyar/kara para ask was the biggest hit of 2014-2015.

Engin plays a undercover cop/inspector/commisioner in it.

The opening scene was so iconic and set the thene for the whole show. I remember people going shocked that omg ia it the same Kerim guys hes so different and versatile. He was already famous but won even more of fans after that.
He plays a very witty and street smart guy who is quick with words and his attitude is too damn hot.

In BBO he plays a crazy majnoo, in FGSN he plays a guilty lover and in KPA he plays a brave witty lover...
Lover is a must its Engin u know his fanbase tunes in to watch him cry and be romantic 70% of the time ahhaaa

I think he can pull off a show without romanxe but his fanbase would probabaly commit suicide before that happens lolZ

🤣

Agree.

Yes indeed the opening scene of KPA was very iconic. Actually KPA has a lovely story, keeps you hooked through out. Engin is class in this show, as you said I wouldn't believe that Omer and Kerim are played by the same guy, what a versatile actor. But the story of KPA went a lil haywire in the later episodes. A lil overdose of romance probably (no breathing space) and anyone and everyone could be a part of the police operation anytime. This should have been shown a little real regarding the police. (Just my opinion). But for it the makers are to be pulled up. Engin as always was fab.

Engin is a romance king and I am sure he knows that very well.
SaraFatma thumbnail
hey all, i was thinking of posting all Engin AKyurek interviews, and 'ROad to emmy' career insight from EAFP fanpage and his turkish articles english translation on this thread since it is exclusively for Engin.
so if any fan does come across this thread they will get to know all about him from here.

from how he stated his career,how he worked hard,what he writes about and what he has shared in media about him. what do you think?
Edited by SaraFatma - 7 years ago
ibnbattuta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^^ Great idea Sarafatma.
If you want the title to be changed please let me know. ALthough in that case, maybe opening a new thread may be more convenient. It's up to you. I don't mind either way. 
SaraFatma thumbnail

Road to Emmy's! Part - 1 

- 'TURKEY'S STAR'

Engin Akyrek was born on October 12, 1981 in Ankara - Turkey to a Muslim couple. His father is a government official and his mother is a housewife. He has a younger brother Erin who is a banker by profession. He grew-up playing in the streets, in a typical middle-class environment. Being the son of a government official, his socializing was also among families of the same background. Besiktas is his favorite soccer team which he supports actively.

Engin comes from a conservative Muslim family, and his father was not all glad about his showbiz career. He graduated from Ankara University in 2002, majoring in history and languages.

As a teenager, Engin suffered from a severe facial acne that subsided as he grew older and the handsome man emerged. In Ankara, during his academic years, Engin used to do theater. His preference for acting and the passion for performance existed since his teenage which he fulfilled by carrying it out in theater. The next year in 2003, Engin with the intention of trying his luck in the Turkish showbiz industry, left for Istanbul for participating in "Turkiye'nin Yildizlari" (Turkey's Star) TV Competition. 

He stayed at his maternal uncle's place who also supported him in the process. The Turkiye'nin Yildizlari, was a year-long project which tested and groomed its candidates in all fields; acting, singing, dancing, hosting, etc. In the end - Engin Akyrek won the contest among males and his skills were unanimously lauded by the jurists. Apart from Engin, the Turkiye'nin Yildizlari contest also gave Turkey its present stars like Beren Saat, Cansu Dere and Bengi Ozturk.

Immediately after the competition's end, Engin was offered a supporting role of Kader Sadkolu' by Turker Inanoglu in his comedy drama series Yabanci Damat' 2004-07 (Foreign Groom). The series became a superhit which helped bring attention to his memorable work as a comedian!

Kader Sadikoglu's character is of a baker of a sweet shop engaged to Nazli, the daughter of the shop owner. His typical old traditional ways make him unsuitable to Nazli who runs away from home before their wedding preparation starts. He then ventures out into the wild world of fast paced city life to find her and bind her in marriage. 

He is faced with many hilarious situations when has to somehow win the girl's heart from a Greek boy whom she has fallen in love with while she had run away from home. Although not evil at heart, the naughty tricks Kadir plays on the Greek boy to annoy him make him a memorable character.

SaraFatma thumbnail
i like the name its very fitting to Engin :P
since everyone is already active here regarding engin i think this thread is fine. i hope you all are fine with it :)
SaraFatma thumbnail

ENGIN AKYUREK'S Road to Emmy's! Part 2 - 'YABANCI DAMAT'

Road to Emmy's - Part 2

Engin's first project as a television actor was from 2004-07 in Yabanc Damat (Foreign Groom) Series -that was a popular comedy drama with 106 episodes in total. His character Kader - was of a young boy who is the son of a Baklava seller and who is engaged to the daughter of his father's friend, Nazli. Kader is a kind-hearted boy and loves his fiance'. But, Nazli who has been studying abroad has fallen in love with a Greek boy- Niko and wants to marry him. The story unfolds when she brings Niko to her place,and as she and Niko enjoy their time, Kader and Niko's friend Anna fall in love with each other. 

Its comic theme and historic Greco-Turkish antagonism made it a huge hit both in Turkey and Greece, as well as making stars out of the leading actors. The episodes are shot in Turkey and Greece. The music is also both Turkish and Greek. The first project of Engin bid farewell to the audience in June 2007.

Yabanci Damat Story:

The story is about a Turkish girl falling in love with Greek boy. The relationship between two countries is like India Pakistan during a worldcup cricket match. The comedy also reflects this relationship where Turkish Muslim Kader annoys and irritates Greek Boy Niko because of nationality and because he stole his fiance.

With this drama started the chase of Engin Akyurek's characters for heroins he is bethroted to in the series but who do not love him back, each performance more intense than the last one. 

Kader and Anna get engaged, but circumstances make them to separate as Anna leaves for Greece. Stella (another foreigner) is the next woman in Kader's life. They are happily married and living peacefully, when again tragedy strikes. Stella unable of having kids, leaves and asks for a peaceful divorce from Kader as she wants him to live a complete life with family and children.

Finally, Kader is married to a Turkish girl Aysel. They have a daughter whom he names Nazli'. 

This comedy series that stretched over 3 seasons, was a hit across Turkey and in Greece. Engin gained fame as Kader' in Greece. In his first series, Engin got the opportunity to work with veteran actors like Zeki Alasya and Sumru Yavrucuk ( who played his adoptive mother Maryam in Fatmagul.)

SaraFatma thumbnail

Road to Emmy's! Part 3 - 'DESTINY'

During on-air Yabanci Damat, in 2006, Engin was spotted by veteran Turkish film director Zeki Demirkubuz. Mr. Zeki offered him a supporting role in his movie Kader' (Destiny), which was a prequel to his film Masumiyet' (Innocence) of 1998. The film that went on nation-wide release across Turkey on November 17, 2006, won awards at film festivals in Antalya, Ankara, Nuremberg and Istanbul, including the Golden Orange for Best film. 

Engin's character was of Cevat' a young man who had taken under his protection -a family. Cevat is the beloved of the young mother of that family, the father is paralyzed, their daughter is in love with a criminal and they have a son who is bullied at the coffee shop where he works. Cevat protects the son and warns the people at the coffee shop not to bully him or else...and the day comes when the boy is bullied again, and when Cevat confronts the guy doing it - he is killed by him, just to prove that he did not fear Cevat.

Engin won the 39th Turkish Cinema Award (SIYAD) and CASOD Oyunculuk Odulleri Award for the "Most Promising Actor" as Cevat - for a role which was hardly a 10 minute duration performance, marking his strong screen presence and craft as an actor.

This was also the time when european featured top supermodels like Kenan Imirzalioglu and Kivanc Tatlitug had entered the drama industry as lead actors and were giving hit projects, Engin from a theatre background having eastern Turkish looks had to prove his mettle to rise to the top, and he was slowly progressing as a supporting actor both on the small and big screen through his talent alone.