Drabble: Jaago Durga

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago
https://i.imgur.com/DCRVOgd.png

Royally embroidered curtains flew apart to reveal the glory within.

Her beautiful face shone in the tejas of thousands of suns and moons, the lotus triplets reflected the elan of the holy fire, and the rosy lips curved to form a blessed smile.

A brilliant streak of vermilion adorned the parting of her dark hair that flowed down to her waist.

The various jewels that adorned her by fortune gleamed in pride against the sheen of her divine armour. A delightful garland of crimson hibiscus swayed over her form.

The blood-red drapes flew in the breeze like the unruly flames that long to devour darkness.

One hand held the trident steady, extracting life-blood from the sinner; the other was placed above his tired soul, leading him into everlasting peace. Around one hand twirled the deadly serpent noose; the other assured of life.

She stood on her majestic steed that flew its mane and roared in triumph. She laughed alongside it, and blew the conch of truce.

Her blessed feet, adorned in deep alta, rested on the elaborately decorated saddle of her mighty lion.

The dance of the flames were surpassed by the tears of joy which trickled into her delicate palms as the oppressed welcomed her into their hearts.

Thus was invoked chinmayee in mrinmayee.
Edited by Radhikerani - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Note: This is based on the various renditions in Mahalaya, and a bit of my imagination. Thank you for reading!
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing Pro! You've given a mighty depth to the power of Durga Maa and that red font + powerful words gave me the feeling of Durga Pooja. Well done!
Edited by Artist_Forever - 7 years ago
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Proteeti! I don't really know what to speak on this one considering the fact that I am left with no words to put out what I feel.

The renditions of Mahalya, that asks the Mother Goddess to wake, arrive and slay all evil is enough to move anyone and everyone to tears. Year after year listening to the same and reeling in the same joy was brought back with this one piece. I loved it Pro and I would love if you can come up with more on such as this one.

And that last line. She is Chinmayee in Mrinmayee...

I guess this one means she is origin in creation, again enough for me to fall for it all over again!

Edited by Meself - 7 years ago
aanvi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This was so amazing dear! A feast to read! So less words but expressed a lot! Your wavs of words are just so awesome! U r truly pro, pro!!😃
Love,
Anu
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: aanvi98

This was so amazing dear! A feast to read! So less words but expressed a lot! Your wavs of words are just so awesome! U r truly pro, pro!!😃

Love,
Anu

+1 😆
RNpoint1857 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Since it's Durga Ma, I would like to comment in bengali "Khoob shundor!"😳 The picture and the words, a beautiful blend. 👏
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Wow!
Awesome work dear
Loved it
Fantastically penned! 
Thanks for pm
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Radhika , wonderful drabble , a beautiful description of the manifestation of Devi , for fulling the tasks of the universe via Gods to Create , Culminate  and to Cremate the living beings , to punish demigods whenever it is necessary, with her Trident . You simply
gave us the divine darshan with your excellent style of writing , have to applaud for your great vocabulary and for your poetic style .😊

Gold.Abrol thumbnail
Beautiful Radhika
All in can say is
JAI MAA DURGA 😊