Devakshi - Part 1 - A Day to Remember

HiTech thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Hi Friends, of late I have become a die-hard fan of this show, ever since Dev confessed his love to Sonakshi in the 14-Jun-16 episode. So I thought about writing a short story (inspired by many of the OS, TS, SS and FFs that I had read in this forum). 

Please do share your thoughts...

Dev was waiting for eagerly outside the biggest shopping mall in Delhi. Almost after 15 mins, Elena turned-up and started apologizing. Dev, "Chaliye, ab sorry ka time nahin hai. Maine aapse kuch help maangi aur aap der se pahunchi." Then they both went shopping picking up a pair of jeans, denim shirts, sports shoes, shades and a matching handbag. Elena was just elated at the shopping spree that she just completed with one of the well-known business tycoons.

Sonakshi was wondering as to why Dev didn't turn up for dropping her home today. He did not even come to meet her either and no message from him till now. Just then, Elena entered the room and asked Sonakshi what she was up to. Sonakshi expressed her concern and Elena brushed it off saying, "Dev babu toh apni girlfriend ke liye mall mein shopping kar rahe honge" and winked at Sonakshi. Sonakshi brushed it off saying, "Unki khud ki shopping Tina karti hai and you think he will go shopping for me?"

Just then, Sonakshi's phone received a message. It was a message from Dev - the love of her life. It was a short message but left Sonakshi confused. The message said, "I am coming to pick you up at 06:00 am tomorrow morning. Be ready and yes, I love you." "I love you too Dev", she replied and went off to sleep.

Next day, Sonakshi was up and ready by 06:00 am and being a punctual person that he is, Dev was ready to pick her up. Sonakshi was surprised as to where they were going so early in the morning. Dev just said, "Mujh pe bharosa hai na", and then Sonakshi went silent. Dev directly drove to the Airport. He parked his car and then took out two shopping bags from the back seat of the car and handed one of them over to Sonakshi.

Sonakshi - (with a confused look on her face) Dev yeh sab kya hai. Hum itni shubah airport kyun aaye hai and aap mujhe airport mein gift kyun de rahe hai. Mr. Dixit, I mean Dev, you are confusing me like hell.

Dev was feeling happy looking at her childish excitement and her non-stop blabbering.

Dev - Sonakshi, maine apna poora college time ziddi aur padhaku ban kar bitaaya. I never got a chance to enjoy my college life as I was extremely busy. And you also once said that during your college life, all your friends were committed but you never got your Mr. Right. So books and Saurabh became your only friends. So, today, for once, we will live like Dev and Sonakshi - the love birds and not like Dev Dixit and Dr. Sonakshi Bose. So get ready in these clothes in the airport washroom. We are going to Mumbai.

Sonakshi - But Dev, why Mumbai? And Maine toh ghar pe bataya bhi nahin.

Dev - Don't worry, we will be back by evening flight.

Both of them, got out of the car and headed into the airport. Sonakshi rushed to the washroom and changed into a pair of black jeans, blue denim shirt, black shades and the sports shoes. She stuff her clothes into the stylish backpack. By the time, she came out, Dev was ready with their boarding passes and Sonakshi was in awe of him. He too was wearing a pair of black jeans, blue denim shirt, black shades and the sports shoes. For the first time she was seeing Dev in casual clothes other than his track pants and t-shirt. Both of them have a cute eye lock moment.

Sonakshi - Dev, aapne mere liye shopping kiya. Jo Dev Dixit apne khud ke liye shopping nahin karta, usne mere liye shopping ki?  Ya phir Tina ko bola tha.

Dev - Sonakshi (with fake anger), I went shopping for you and Elena helped me.

As soon as they landed in Mumbai, there was a guy who was waiting for them outside the airport. He handed Dev a set of keys, a small envelope and a piece of paper. Dev thanked that person and walked to parking lot. There he matched the number of the vehicle with the one written on the piece of paper. There was a bike with a helmet attached to it.

Sonakshi was experiencing butterflies in her stomach and so was Dev. Dev switched-on the Google Maps on his mobile and fixed it to the speedometer on the bike. And then they drove off on the roads of Mumbai to their next destination. Sonakshi was pillion riding the bike and held Dev in a tight embrace along his midriff. Even Dev was enjoying this new found freedom to the fullest. Today, he was just Dev and she was only Sonakshi.

They stepped into a cafe, which Dev had found on the internet to be the most famous hangout for youngsters. They occupied a corner seat and ordered some food and two coffees. And they continued their sweet nothings as if they were the only people in the caf. After the lovely breakfast, they drove-off to the Hanging Gardens. Sonakshi was so happy seeing the flowers in the garden and walking hand-in-hand with Dev. The experience was making her feel on the top of the world.

Dev - Now, my dear Khargosh, get ready for the biggest surprise of the day.

Sonakshi (blushing) - What is it Dev? I don't think I can handle any more surprises. I will die out of happiness.

Dev - Stop talking about death Ms. Khargosh, we should be talking about life. Now, wait and watch for the surprise, for which we flew down all the way from Delhi to Mumbai.

Then Dev drove them off to their next destination and Sonakshi screamed in excitement. There they were at Maratha Mandir, where DDLJ is still playing. She hugged Dev all the while screaming and jumping in excitement. She never ever expected this from Mr. Aubhodro. She was always missing having a boyfriend whenever she watched DDLJ and today, here she was watching DDLJ in a movie theatre with her boyfriend.

Sonakshi - Dev, aapne meri love story ke sabse khoobsurat sapne ko aaj sach kar diya. Thank you.

Dev (putting his hand around her shoulder, moved an inch closer to her on his seat) - Thank you for coming into my life and helping me understand the happiness that lies in these small things.

After the movie, they had lunch at a quiet place and then drove off to Chowpatti Beach. They strolled along the beach hand in hand, ate Bhel Puri and ice-cream. They sat in a tight embrace and spoke nothing. The silences were so comfortable.

It was time for them to drive back and they reached the Airport, where the biggest surprise and shock of the day was waiting for them. Both of them were shocked to see the news flashing on the television outside the airport. "All flights to Delhi have been cancelled for today due to a suspected bomb threat at New Delhi Airport."

Sonakshi was in tears and started talking non-stop.

Sonakshi - Dev, ab hum kya karenge, Maa-baba phikar kar rahe honge. Ab kya Dev.

Dev (embraced her) - Sonakshi, don't worry. I am with you. We will figure out what needs to be done. Please, please don't cry.

Dev called up home and said that he cannot come home as he is directly going to office after the business conference that he just attended. Then Dev called up Elena, apprised her of the situation and asked her to manage at home. She agreed to manage the situation at home.

Dev - Sonakshi, chalo lets go. I thought we will just have a day for ourselves. But luck has it that we will have a night for ourselves too.

To be continued...A Night to Remember (Part-2)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4678566

Edited by HiTech - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EJF_FAN thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
What A fun filled day! Imagine DevAkshi in casual and in bike! Such a treat to the heart I tell you!
Now eagerly waiting g for the night!
HiTech thumbnail
Have already posted Part-2
rasika_DS thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Loved it..simple and cheerful..😃
Ferdous_69 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Amazing part dear... Totally love it