TOI:Vikram and I have become comfortable as a friends: Shivani Surve

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
TNN | Jul 14, 2016

Shivani Surve, who plays Vividha in Yash Patnaik's Jana Na Dil Se Door, is receiving great reviews for her acting talent. Her chemistry with co-star Vikram Singh Chauhan is also appreciated a lot. In an interview, the actress talks about life, career, romance and his co-star.

How has it been working in Jaana Na Dilse Door? It's fantastic and superb working in Jaana Na Dil se Door.

How is it playing the role of Vividha? People think every protagonist have the same condition in every TV show, but with Vividha it is little more real than any other character on the television right now.

How much you relate to the character Vividha in Jaana Na Dil Se Door? It's very difficult for me to relate to the character of Vividha because I am opposite of Vividha. Like I don't care about things much in real life but Vividha cares about everything. Yes, there are a few similarities too. Like I love my family and so does Vividha.

What is the feedback you are getting? I guess whatever feedback I have got until now is that the viewers are liking Atharva and my pair. They are finding us cute and that's what we wanted.

Any interesting incident from the set that you would like to share? There many incidents from the set. Whenever Vikram and me are together. We play a lot of pranks on the set. The most happening thing I would like to share is I was shopping for myself and randomly one family came up to me and recognized me as Devyani. I was shocked because we were in Rajasthan and people are recognizing me as Devyani for the Marathi show. Its really a big thing for me.

Can you cook? If yes what all? Yes. I cook. I can cook each and every Maharashtrain delicacies. I can make perfect round shaped rotis. I can cook Italian, Chinese whatever you want.

Three things no one knows about you. 1) I like reading. 2) I like horse riding. 3) I like racing my car but nobody allows me to do that.

Favorite Bollywood actors male and female. Why? Female, I don't know because every female actor is good. Male I like Hrithik Roshan. Firstly, because of his looks. Secondly I like Makrand Deshpande because I love him for the work he does in theatre. I would love to work with him in theatre.

What changes you see in the industry over the years? I think people have become very competitive in the industry. People have become a lot professional which is good. It doesn't mean that it wasn't professional earlier, but now the TV industry is growing very fast.

How is it working with Vikram Singh Chauhan? Oh my God. The rapport with Vikram Singh Chauhan is just awesome. We laugh on the sets like we are insane people. Whenever things go wrong on sets, people are like search Vikram and Shivani they might be knowing everything. We have become very comfortable as a friends now. If I say anything to Vikram, I am sure he will not mind it. He never feels bad, he never take it on his ego.

What difference you find in Marathi television and Hindi television industry? I don't know why people ask this question so many times and don't even know how to react to this. See it's only work at the end of the day. Work wise everything is the same.

How do you unwind yourself? I unwind myself by going somewhere for ride alone. I prefer driving alone with my music on.

Any interesting fan experience to share? I was in Pune for some event and one person came and he started saying I love you, I want to marry you and blah blah. I didn't know how to react as my father was there with me. My father was like chill we will get out of it and that person was like quite serious.

What kind of reality shows you want to do? Right now I am not thinking of any reality show.

What are the hobbies you indulge in? Racing my car, I like horse riding and when I am alone I like to read books or else I cook for my mom whatever she likes. Also I cook for my family.

What love means to you? Love to me is respect. I feel the most important factor is in any relationship is loyalty.

What kind of a person you would like to date? I would like to date a guy who is very sensible and he shouldn't talk much because I am very talkative. I am not a good listener. I want my partner to listen to me all the time.

Describe your dream date? So my dream date will be at some dessert. In the middle of the dessert a small hut lit up romantically. My partner and me having a glass of wine together

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Why are TOI copying and pasting a month old interview! :/

anyway agree to their first paragraph. Their acting and chemistry is par-excellence
Ezria_Fan_4ever thumbnail
He shouldn't talk much coz I am very talkative😆
Loved the interview, thx for sharing
soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing the article.