Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Did anybody even read the article in the first place? 😆 She is going on and on about her own performance and its brilliance, hardly speaks about Kangana's performance. Anyway, that aside..this entire thing is kinda funny. Apne munh miya mithoo. 😆 
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have not seen thus movie for comparison, but Kangana as Datto was exceptionally good. And deserved every accolades she got.
But this is the same forum where Sri Devi is praised to sky(I am not complaining, Sri deserves it) despite her diction and dialogue delivery being as unique (bad is a wrong word) as Kangana. Edited by Love_Katty_24-7 - 7 years ago
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
A Complete case Of Insecurity&jealousy.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sour grapes. 
This is not the filmfare awards. And regional films have won majorly. In fact South especially Tamil and Malayalam and Bengali films dominate. So she cannot say her language was regional and overlooked over Hindi, her language cinema has produced winners. Also who said one cannot win multiple times. Tell that to Meryl Streep. ðŸ¤”. 

Kangana did not win for Tanu, she won for Datto. Even the statement said that if IIRC. If Kangana was into lobbying she would have had a more commercial filmography. The woman may have her faults galore but career wise, whatever she has earned she put in the effort through sheer hard work, talent and yes outwitting the competition.She is fearless. It is astounding how far she has come in 10 years as an outsider.
Edited by .Mandy. - 7 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Love_Katty_24-7

I have not seen thus movie for comparison, but Kangana as Datto was exceptionally good. And deserved every accolades she got.
But this is the same forum where Sri Devi is praised to sky(I am not complaining, Sri deserves it) despite her diction and dialogue delivery being as unique (bad is a wrong word) as Kangana.

Totally agree. Neither Kangana nor SriDevi have a bad dialogue delivery but their diction and tone are kinda different, sometimes  a bit shaky. Yet one can't diss the powerful performers these two are. Moroever, Kangana has shown a drastic improvement in her dialogue delivery. Queen and TWMR are such huge examples of her hard work. Infact, her accent and delivery are one of the major highlights of TWMR. The improvement is so darn impressive. 
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ritu and Deepu should offer shoulders to each other and cry properly. 
TheUnique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Patronus

When sources said Deepika was miffed for not winning the national award, everybody called her sour grapes and what not! And here everybody is okay with it!Now this is not sour grapes anymore? 😆

I feel DP too deserves the national award more than KR for her film Piku. Never liked KR much anywhere except for Queen. In my opinion  she looks pagal types  both on & off screen . Over rated actress
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ViccoTurmeric

Completely disagree

Kangana's performance was one of the finest and she excelled in portraying two completely different characters with such contrasting characteristics and shades, made us fell in love with Ditto and hate Tanu .And not to forget it wasn't drama but comedy which is one of the toughest genres to pull off.

I haven't seen Rituparna's performance so I can't comment but out of the four main categories awarded, Kangana's win was a deserving one and justified as well.

This is stupid. How do you know Kangana deserved it when you havent seen the other performances? Im not a fan of either but Rajkahini leaves you with goosebumps and it definitely deserved far more credit than Kangana's Datto. Its amusing how some people here are saying Kangana deserved without even knowing and seeing the other performances. Regional cinema is far more nuanced and detailed and well written than Bollywood's pieces. Have a look and then comment. 
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

This is stupid. How do you know Kangana deserved it when you havent seen the other performances? Im not a fan of either but Rajkahini leaves you with goosebumps and it definitely deserved far more credit than Kangana's Datto. Its amusing how some people here are saying Kangana deserved without even knowing and seeing the other performances. Regional cinema is far more nuanced and detailed and well written than Bollywood's pieces. Have a look and then comment. 

🤔

No need to be condescending, Many people here know regional cinema too.

I grew up on excellent regional cinema in Malayalam and Tamil with multiple National awards winners like Mammooty and Kamal. I call movies as art because I grew up on cinema created by these giants.I am pretty sure there are people like that here. 
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rimulia

I feel DP too deserves the national award more than KR for her film Piku. Never liked KR much anywhere except for Queen. In my opinion she looks pagal types both on & off screen . Over rated actress

No actually I didn't think Deepika deserved it more than Kangu! I loved Datto more than Piku - I actually thought Kalki deserved it more than the two!! But it's the palti attitude that I found amusing! 😆Edited by Patronus - 7 years ago