DABH Ending/Season 2- All Discussions Here

krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
As many of you have already heard, rumors of DABH ending are doing the rounds. Please use this thread for all such discussions - and other threads regarding the same topic will be merged with this one. 

DABH DT

Diya Aur Baati Hum Off Air Date Revealed!

Read on to find out the real reason behind the show getting pulled off..

Sunday, June 12, 2016 | 9:50:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT) 
 11 Comments | By Ranjini Nair

Recently, there was a bad news for the fans of Star Plus' popular show Diya Aur Baati Hum that the show will soon go off air. The news is confirmed and we bring to you the details about the last on air date of the show.

The makers of the show have been forced to pull off the show due to the constant dipping of the TRP's. Although the show started off with a unique concept and the Suraj (Anas Rashid)- Sandhya (Deepika Singh) Jodi became an instant hit with the viewers, over the period of time, the charm faded, leading to a substantial drop in the ratings.

The show which started in 2011 is slated to get pulled off in August.

Our source informs, "The show is about to get wrap up soon. They might air their last episode on 15th August this year."

Are you gonna miss the show? Who is your favourite character from the show...? All rounder Sandhya Bindani, Ideal husband Suraj or the strong headed Bhabho?

Comment below.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the thread Farzi. Sad to hear the news. DABH is still better than most shows but I guess they have not been able to regain lost viewers from before the leap. Giving Vansh away was a terrible track. 
They could move DABH to another time slot and try for a while instead of ending. The whole cast is great and the unit has been working well together over the years. 

I really hope for trp to go up drastically in the coming weeks. DABH has improved a whole lot lately.I hope Sumeet Mittal resumes direction of the show that helped make their PH a household name. They created this magical, lovely, feel good pair - Diya baati. I hope they will try to keep their light from fading out

Edited by Deebz - 7 years ago
YongShinSurYa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it's indeed a sad news for dabh fans... this show became a part of my routine work... I love this show forever... I wanted it to end with good trps... if it was ended after vedansh birth in 2015, it would have been nice... but by dragging it, the show lost its charm and loyal audiences... now it is going to end with a bad name that it went off air due to low trps ...
Codiw thumbnail
They should have ended DABH after Sandhya became IPS or after the birth of Ved and Vansh. There was no sense in dragging the story afterwards.
mango-pie thumbnail
As the saying goes "All Good Things Must Come to an End" so is DABH and SurYa for me. But will cherish each and every moment of SurYa in my memories. No other show struck me as deep as DABH could do. Love DABH AND SURYA forever.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Read and watched Yesterday episode. CVS shown such a good episode but problem here is they took sooo long. This show completed 4 long years and gonna end soon. suddenly CVS realized Sandy hasn't scored anything as wife. To be Honest, this episode what I wanted long time ago. Recognization for Suraj which his father denied, which his mother denied and his siblings denied. I thought respect would come from his wife which gonna justify the title of show. What I saw was 'BhaSan' atrocities. in fact, I was shocked by summary in a website. It noted like Suraj getting upset over Sandy duties while his mother trying to make him understand (at hijack track time). Now CVS showing Sandy realized Suraj worth. does this gonna make change in trps. Big no. so many Suraj likers left this show already. am I expecting Sandy to make Suraj as Business Tycoon or Master of education? is she God to make a 9th pass halwai to VIP? No.She can't make anything but She could've make him to feel how important he is in everyone's life. That's what I wanted.Probably that's what many Suraj lovers wanted. Suraj is a simple man who never expecting anything from others. That doesn't mean Suraj don't have feelings the biggest flaw of this show is it never recorded How much Sandy loved Suraj. while Kavitha and Lalimaa were able to recognize ideal husband material in Suraj but Sandy couldn't do it is biggest joke. Again no point in discussing.I didn't want Suraj to command in high pitch. I didn't want Suraj to be a spy or action hero. I didn't want Suraj to become a highly educated person in over night. because it isn't easy for him. whether he succeed or not, that doesn't matter to me. the point is I wanted Sandy to push him at least try.but this Saas bahu content killed a chance for SurYa to become Epic lovers. personally I'm against 'Quantity vs Quality' idea. Ramayana and MB are such a Epics. It will take Years and Years to complete executionevery verbal translation. Their stories still mesmerizing viewers. I'm seeing posts like DABH runs so long that's why show quality faded which isn't true. One can't refuse a point that DABH didn't show any special occasions like surya Anniversary,Suraj,Sandhya and Ved birthdays much(esp Suraj),etc. which every show followers loves to see. Half Baked Investigation tracks, Saas-Bahu atrocities getting more space, most importantly Content of show completely deviated are the reasons not because of CVS nothing to offer. because as CVS shown, even now CVS have large space to show how Sandy becomes ideal wife.if CVS shown this track at post TA track or before Hijack Track, I'm sure DABH could've been consistent in Trp chart more than 8-10 years. But what is the use when loyal viewers already left. At first episode of this show Suraj was halwai and even now he is. this show now going to end. CVS may show Suraj become hotel owner.in people who wanted to see happy note, some may compromise that as happy ending as one became hotel owner and other became successful SP.Some people may not digest that because Truth always bitter.
Sule thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: iDea-yeS-viruS

Read and watched Yesterday episode. CVS shown such a good episode but problem here is they took sooo long. This show completed 4 long years and gonna end soon. suddenly CVS realized Sandy hasn't scored anything as wife. To be Honest, this episode what I wanted long time ago. Recognization for Suraj which his father denied, which his mother denied and his siblings denied. I thought respect would come from his wife which gonna justify the title of show. What I saw was 'BhaSan' atrocities. in fact, I was shocked by summary in a website. It noted like Suraj getting upset over Sandy duties while his mother trying to make him understand (at hijack track time). Now CVS showing Sandy realized Suraj worth. does this gonna make change in trps. Big no. so many Suraj likers left this show already. am I expecting Sandy to make Suraj as Business Tycoon or Master of education? is she God to make a 9th pass halwai to VIP? No.She can't make anything but She could've make him to feel how important he is in everyone's life. That's what I wanted.Probably that's what many Suraj lovers wanted. Suraj is a simple man who never expecting anything from others. That doesn't mean Suraj don't have feelings the biggest flaw of this show is it never recorded How much Sandy loved Suraj. while Kavitha and Lalimaa were able to recognize ideal husband material in Suraj but Sandy couldn't do it is biggest joke. Again no point in discussing.I didn't want Suraj to command in high pitch. I didn't want Suraj to be a spy or action hero. I didn't want Suraj to become a highly educated person in over night. because it isn't easy for him. whether he succeed or not, that doesn't matter to me. the point is I wanted Sandy to push him at least try.but this Saas bahu content killed a chance for SurYa to become Epic lovers. personally I'm against 'Quantity vs Quality' idea. Ramayana and MB are such a Epics. It will take Years and Years to complete executionevery verbal translation. Their stories still mesmerizing viewers. I'm seeing posts like DABH runs so long that's why show quality faded which isn't true. One can't refuse a point that DABH didn't show any special occasions like surya Anniversary,Suraj,Sandhya and Ved birthdays much(esp Suraj),etc. which every show followers loves to see. Half Baked Investigation tracks, Saas-Bahu atrocities getting more space, most importantly Content of show completely deviated are the reasons not because of CVS nothing to offer. because as CVS shown, even now CVS have large space to show how Sandy becomes ideal wife.if CVS shown this track at post TA track or before Hijack Track, I'm sure DABH could've been consistent in Trp chart more than 8-10 years. But what is the use when loyal viewers already left. At first episode of this show Suraj was halwai and even now he is. this show now going to end. CVS may show Suraj become hotel owner.in people who wanted to see happy note, some may compromise that as happy ending as one became hotel owner and other became successful SP.Some people may not digest that because Truth always bitter.

Well said bro. 👏   Totally agree with you.
Sutapasima thumbnail
TNN | Jun 12, 2016

Speculations about Star Plus' one of the longest running shows, Diya Aur Baati Hum going off-air have been rife. The show which made actors like Deepika Singh, Anas Rashid and Neelu Waghela a household name has not been to generate good numbers on the TRP.

DABH has mostly been in the Top 5 shows across all the channels. However, of late things have not been in the show's favour. As per a report on an entertainment portal, Diya Aur Baati Hum which began in 2011 is slated to off-air in August. A source was quoted in the report saying that the daily soap is about to wrap up soon. The makers might air their last episode on 15th August this year."

Diya Aur Baati Hum followed Sandhya's (Deepika Singh) life since she was a young college-going girl. It highlighted her journey to become an IPS officer.
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aha! At last DABH is going off air. I will cherish this show and beautiful friends I made thru this forum for lifetime.
If time permits, I will try to reach out to old members and request them to join for reunion during final week of the serial.
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Ami.

Aha! At last DABH is going off air. I will cherish this show and beautiful friends I made thru this forum for lifetime.

If time permits, I will try to reach out to old members and request them to join for reunion during final week of the serial.

Yes one thing I really owe the show is for the beautiful friends I met here, for that one reason i can never forget the show...At the same time I also learnt about double faced people in the virtual world, but nevetheless, the genuine friends I met here (you know who you are) have overpowered all that bad experience...DABH may end, but our friendship will last forever...