ShraMan OS - Vertigo

astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Hola! I present to you more fluff. This piece is a product of Memorial Day Holiday (still tryna figure out these American holidays, ngl) and missing your S/O because he flies around the country too much and is not around to take care of you. I swear I can relate anything in my life to ShraMan, someone please send help.
Vertigo

"Can you call Sumo?" Shravan asks as soon as Pushkar walks into his room around noon on a Sunday.

"Did you guys fight again?" Pushkar asks, his voice not surprised one bit, he's used to their World Wars.

"No, but she won't pick up my call." Shravan says trying her phone yet again, for the tenth time.

Pushkar smiles at his brother's desperation. "Bhaiyaa, maybe she's busy."

"She would have picked up and said so then." Shravan murmurs, worry evident in his voice. He calls the home phone at the Tiwari Villa but that too goes unanswered, he's pacing now. He knows that no one except Sumo is home, the family is attending a wedding on Mami's side of the family. Sumo stayed behind due to work and because she wasn't feeling too good.

"Pushkar, can you try calling her? I don't know if she's just chosen something to be mad at with me." Shravan murmurs and Pushkar nods taking his phone out of his pocket and calling Sumo.

"Voicemail." Pushkar says when the rings go unanswered. "She'll call back."

"She was supposed to come by, but hasn't, she's home alone too. I am going over." Shravan says speeding past Pushkar, he runs down the stairs and out the door grabbing his keys on the way.

Pushkar is left standing in Shravan's door. "Just friends." He scoffs. "Yeah right."

X-X-X-X

She doesn't answer the door either so he uses the only other way he knows into the house. Up the ladder, onto the terrace and through the storeroom. It's a lot more difficult than he remembered because there is a lot more of him now. He managed to hit his head only twice though.

The house is absolutely silent but he knows she is inside because her car is outside and it's Sunday so PCT is closed, he had even called there just in case. "Sumo?" He says out loud as he approaches her room, she groans in response, it's really quiet though and it worries Shravan.

He walks into her room to find her in bed, her eyes are shut right and she's grasping the sheet like she's in pain. "Sumo, are you okay?" He asks.

"I am dizzy, it'll pass, one minute." She says breathing slowly, he sits on the side of the bed, watching her, her eyes don't open for another thirty seconds, she looks up at him when her eyes open and he can tell there is something wrong with her because they're not the clear dark chocolate brown he's used to.

"What's wrong Sumo?" He asks holding her hand in his.

"My head starts spinning every time I change sides, but once I am up it's completely okay." She says getting up and sitting against the headboard. She looks kind of sick, like she's going to throw up.

"Doctor?" He asks, but she shakes her head.

"It happened yesterday morning too, and then passed, it's only when I wake up." She smiles at him. Her face pales all of sudden and she jumps off the bed and runs towards her bathroom leaving a flabbergasted Shravan behind. He shakes himself out of it and follows her only to hear her throwing up in the bathroom.

She's hunched over the toilet, and he kneels right beside her, holding her hair out of the way and rubbing soothing circles into her back. She gets up slowly and he helps, just in case she falls. But she seems fine now, her eyes are clearer and the colour seems to be returning to her face as she brushes her teeth and rinses.

She turns back to him and smiles, like she's okay all of a sudden. He takes a step towards her and feels her forehead before checking her wrist, she doesn't feel warm.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" He asks and she nods.

"I am okay Shravan." She smiles and the way she walks past him tells him that she's not lying but he's still worried.

"You wouldn't feel dizzy and throw up for more reason..." He speculates before his eyes grow wide. "ARE YOU PREGNANT?" The words pierce his heart as they leave his mouth because the thought of her being pregnant with someone else's kid made his heart clench painfully.

"NO!" She says back. "That's uh, not possible." She says blushing and he nods sheepishly.

"Sorry, sounded like morning sickness." He murmurs back.

"Want food?" She asks changing the subject. "I am really hungry." She walks out of her room and towards the kitchen, he follows her still unsure about her state of health.

"How about I make something and you supervise?" He asks but she shakes her head no with a scoff.

"I like my food not burnt." She replies with a smirk.

"I am perfectly capable of making some things, I did live alone for ten years." He answers stepping right in front of her. Before she knows what is happening he picks her up and puts her on the counter, her legs hanging off it.

"Shravan! What are you doing?" She exclaims trying to get off but he steps in between her legs and places both his hands on either side of her before moving his head down so he's really close to her, like that day in the kitchen.

"You are going to sit right where you are and let me do the work, you've officially been promoted to supervisor." He says, his voice is an octave deeper than it usually is, because he knows it gets to her. In the past few weeks, he's noticed that his proximity seems to disorient her a bit, just like hers does to him. She nods slowly, her eyes wide, he's tempted to lean in and place a kiss on her nose but he stops himself and moves back.

"Omelet?" He asks and she nods.

"You can make that without burning the house down?" She asked.

"Yep." He answers as he walks to the fridge and takes out the carton of eggs before turning to her. She crosses her legs and sits comfortably on the counter instructing him on where to find things. She watches amused as he carefully flips the first omelet in the pan, as if it was the most delicate thing in the world. He gives her a pointed see look when the omelet stays whole when he is done flipping it.

She rolls her eyes and dumps the cardamoms into the tea that is boiling as he plates the first omelet and pours the second one in the pan. She is impressed, she has to admit, because he manages to plate and pour everything without burning the food or himself.

X-X-X-X-X-X

"Do I pass?" He asks as they sit in front of the TV in the Tiwari living room, watching Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Sumo had screamed in happiness when she realized it was coming on TV.

"I'd give it a B-." She nods with a laugh causing him to roll his eyes as he cleans off his plate. She eats slowly and watches the screen as Shah Rukh Khan roams through the streets of London. "You've probably seen all of this?" She asks.

He nods. "Yeah, they chose the really touristy areas, didn't go there much just because of that, it's always so crowded."

"Hm, seems pretty though."

"It has its charm." He nods as she finishes her own food and sips on her tea. "Are you feeling okay?" He asks and she nods. She looks fine, maybe a bit tired if anything.

He picks up the dishes and drops them off in the kitchen before coming back into the living room, she's sitting on the sofa and smiling at the TV, but she looks tired and uncomfortable, she keeps moving trying to find a comfy spot, but the arm of the sofa is not tall enough for her to lean to her side like she wants.

He sits right next to her and she looks up at him in question. "You can lean on me." He says and she nods before leaning against him so the sides of their body are touching and he's supporting most of her weight. The action was innocent, but they could both feel their hearts beat faster at the proximity. Shravan tries to sit still for a few minutes but his arm feels awkward, so he takes a deep breath before wrapping his arm around her shoulder, he keeps his gaze on the screen though, and can see that she looks up at him in his peripheral vision but he doesn't acknowledge it. Sumo's smile grows and her heart flutters in her chest as she snuggles closer to him, her head resting on his shoulder as they watch the movie.

At first they are hyperaware of the other, and then they get used to it. It feels so normal and comforting. To an outsider it would look like a couple sitting together enjoying a movie. It is relaxing until the characters in the movie start mentioning how even after being apart for ten years they still loved each other, both their minds automatically go to their own relationship. She felt him tense so she knows he is thinking about it too.

It had been on both their minds recently, especially after the story-telling fiasco at the restaurant. He constantly thought about his feelings for her, trying to figure out if she felt the same. And he was leaning towards a yes, because her actions screamed love, she stood by him through everything, even when he didn't want to listen to her about his mother. They crossed lines that they had drawn, they didn't hesitate when touching the other person, it was mostly unconscious, holding hands to drag the other somewhere, placing his hand on her back to navigate her somewhere, touching her face to pull her lips into a smile when she was angry at him - just little things.

Shravan feels her droop into him like she is falling asleep after a while, but then she lets out a groan of pain. He turns towards her to see that her eyes are shut tight and she looks pale again. "Sumo?" He asks holding her face lightly between his hands, his eyes grow wider when he realizes how warm she is.

"I feel dizzy again." She murmurs as the spell passes.  

"I am taking you to the doctor." He exclaims as her eyes open again, she's too tired to protest this time so he tries to help her up, she seems really disoriented and he's worried she may fall if she tries to walk. "I am going to pick you up, okay? I don't think you'll be able to walk without falling." He warns her before he lightly picks her up in his arm, one arm supports her back and the other goes under her legs, she groans and leans her head into the crook of his neck trying to calm herself down.

He walks out of the Tiwari Villa and seats Sumo in the car before buckling her in, if he wasn't so worried about her he would have definitely noticed how close their faces were. He runs back into the house and grabs the keys by the door before locking the house and getting back in the car.

"Sumo, you okay?" He asks as he pulls the car out of the driveway.

"The car is making me sick." She murmurs, her eyes shut tight.

"It's only a short drive, let me know if you need to stop at anytime okay?" He asks and she nods.

They make it to the doctor's office without any mishaps, Shravan gets out of the car and walks to the passenger side of the car before opening her door. She seems a bit better now and manages to get out of the car on her own.

"I can walk." She says but she wobbles ever so slightly, Shravan steps beside her and wraps his arm around her waist, supporting her, as they walk into the clinic. Thankfully, there are not many people there and they are inside a room waiting for the doctor within minutes.

A petite lady breezes in after a few minutes. "Good afternoon, I am Dr. Khan." She smiles at the couple in front of her and is immediately taken aback by how good they look together. She can tell that the woman is not feeling well, and the man is really worried just from the way he seems to hover over her, moving ever so slightly every time she does. "I am guessing you're the patient." She smiles at Sumo sitting down in front of the two.

"Yeah, I am Suman."

"So what seems to be the problem Suman?" She asks.

"I feel really dizzy, it only happens when I move around though, mostly when I change sides in bed or lean too far to one side. I feel really crappy after the dizziness passes, like I am going to throw up, and I did throw up this morning."

"She also has a fever." Shravan pipes up when Sumo stops talking.

Dr. Khan nods. "I need you to have a seat right here for me." She says pointing to the examination bed in the room, Sumo nods and gets up, Shravan gets up with her just in case she falls but Sumo manages to walk over and take a seat on the bed without his help but he stands by her anyways which causes Dr. Khan to smile a bit.

Dr. Khan measures her blood pressure first before using an otoscope to look inside her ear, and then checks her temperature. She can tell that there is some kind of build up in her ear, and that she definitely has a mild fever.

"Do you feel dizzier when you turn to your left side?" She asked and Sumo nods.  "I need you to get up for me please."

Sumo complies and stands in front of Dr. Khan. "Suman, please follow my finger with your eyes." She says as she moves her finger around in front of Sumo's head, when she is satisfied that there is no problem she moves on. "Can you please stand behind her and catch her if she falls?" She asks Shravan who nods before moving behind Sumo. "Suman, I need you to put both your arms out in front of you and close your eyes."

Sumo complies and Dr. Khan watches intently and is pleased when Sumo seems to maintain her balance and not fall backwards. "Perfect." Dr. Khan says. "You two can have a seat now."
They both sit back in the chairs in front of her desk and she sits across it with a chart in her hand. "Do you have a history of stroke, cardiovascular diseases or head injury?" She asks and Sumo and Shravan both shake their heads no. "Are you taking any prescription drugs?" She asks and once again Sumo shakes her head no.

"Hmm, okay, so the good news is that what you have will pass in a week or so. You have an inner ear viral infection, inside your ear is a nerve that deals with balance, when one part of the nerve is affected there is an imbalance between the two ears which causes vertigo, so the dizziness and vomiting, to occur. These symptoms are made worse by quick jerky movements and a lot of bending and rotating of the head, just everyday movement like bending or looking up to get things out of a cabinet."

"She does that a lot." Shravan mumbles.

"I do not."

"Oh please, that's all you do at work." He answers.

Dr. Khan tries hard to hide her smile before she continues. "The good news is that once you start anti-virals the inflammation will go down and you will stop getting dizzy and vomiting. But for the time being, I need you to take it slow, no quick movement and try not to change sides when you sleep, it won't harm you to do so but you'll just wake up and feel really dizzy. There are a few exercises that you can do to settle the vertigo, kind of tricking your brain to be back in balance." She says as she pulls out a sheet from on of her drawers. "The written instructions are here, but I suggest just entering the words Brandt-Daroff Exercise on the top of the sheet here into YouTube and following along, you might need help doing the exercises Suman. I'll write you a prescription for anti-virals and something to keep the nausea down." She says and Shravan nods hanging onto to every word.

"I'll make sure to do the exercises with her." Shravan nods. "If she gets worse, should I take her to the hospital?"

"Yes, but I don't think she'll be getting any worse." She smiles back at Shravan. "You have a very caring husband Suman, you're very lucky." She says to Sumo whose eyes grow wide.

"She is, isn't she." Shravan says when he feels like Sumo is about to correct the doctor.

The two of them leave the clinic and walk to the adjacent pharmacy to pick up medications for Sumo who looks a bit better since she has had the opportunity to regain her balance. "Why didn't you let me correct her?" Sumo asks curiously as they wait for her medications, although happy that he was so willing to pretend to be her caring husband. This was the third time they were supposedly married.

"She would have been confused and then went on for another five minutes trying to figure it out." He shrugs. "Plus, I thought we were married Pushpa." He teased. In reality, he liked the idea a lot, which was scary considering that a few weeks ago he hated the idea of marriage. But the past few weeks had shown him that his parents' marriage wasn't the only way marriages worked and that his mother wasn't really wrong in what she did. So he didn't bother correcting Dr. Khan, and a little part of his mind thought that she would ask if her was her brother next and he would have probably denied that really loudly.

"You okay to walk to the car?" He asks when he notices that she's closing her eyes again but she nods. She starts to take another step but stops midway, scrunching her eyes shut. "I think the heat is making it worse." She mumbles, she feels really uncomfortable all of a sudden as the shop spins around her. Shravan hands her the medications and picks her up again, gently, making sure not to jostle her. She wraps her arms around his neck and smiles up at him in a silent thank you. He somehow manages to open the door even with her in his arms and places her in the seat gently before buckling her in, her eyes open and meet his concerned eyes. He doesn't know what makes him go through with it, but he places a kiss on her forehead, his lips lingering for a second too long. The feel of his soft warm lips against her skin makes her heart flutter. "You're so warm." He murmurs before sighing and closing the door.

The ride home feels shorter than the ride there, and in no time, Shravan is navigating her back into the Tiwari Villa, she takes a seat on the couch and he disappears into the kitchen only to reappear with a glass of water, a banana and her medication.

"I don't feel like eating." She says when he hands her the banana.

"You need to take the medication with food." He says causing her to sigh, she knows that he's not going to back down so she complies before taking her pills. "You should do the exercises once." He says taking his phone out of his pocket and opening up the YouTube app before searching for the exercises. They both watch the video and Sumo groans.

"That is definitely going to make me dizzy." She pouts.

"It'll help in the long run." He says and gets off the couch and stands in front of it as she moves to the middle.

Sumo is fascinated by how caring he is, he had shown up at her house and had taken care of her all day, taken her to the doctor, fed her...and now he was hovering over her worriedly as she did the exercises.

"What do you want to do now?" He asks sitting beside her once they had gone through the exercises.

"Nap." She says leaning against him like she was before when they were watching the movie, his arm automatically wraps around her this time, pulling her closer. "But I can't lay down, I can't not change sides every fifteen minutes." She sighs.

"Hmmm." Shravan thinks. "I have an idea."

The two of them end up back in her room, Sumo is laying on the bed surrounded by pillows on both sides. "This is not going to help, I'll just roll on top of the pillows, trust me. I'll try to nap sitting up."

Shravan sighs and shakes his head before taking off his own shoes and laying on her bed on the other side of the pillows, he turns to his side and he can tell that she's taken aback by her wide eyes. His own heart is hammering away in his chest but he shakes himself out of it and places his arm across the pillows and lets his hand rest on her stomach. He waits for a few seconds, asking her if it's okay without saying a word, he speaks when he feels her relax under his touch. "I'll stop you from turning, go to sleep." He murmurs.

She nods and closes her eyes but sleep is the last thing on her mind right then. His touch and the weight of his hand on her stomach is sending flares of awareness through her whole body. She doesn't really know what to make of this but she's tired and dozes off after a few minutes with thoughts of their relationship plaguing her mind.

He relaxes when he can hear her breathing steadily and feels her heart beat slow down under his hand. He looks at her closely and wonders when he should tell her of his feelings, he has a feeling that she already knows. He crossed a lot of lines today, but he didn't feel bad about it because she was so accepting, but there was confusion in her eyes that had nothing to do with her current predicament and he promises himself that he'll tell her soon.

But for now, he watches her intently and sighs contently observing her sleep. She looks absolutely beautiful and peaceful, and his heart feels light at the sight. He traces her face with his eyes, trying to memorize every millimeter, but he feels like he doesn't have to try hard because he's been doing it unconsciously since his return.

X-X-X-X

And that's it, I have two more works in progress at the moment, yay being sick and not being allowed to go to work because you're sick! Anywho, keep a lookout for them! :) Until then, don't forget to lemme know what you think, bye bye my lovelies!

Edit: Check out another new OS here --> Fees

Edited by astonm - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thefangirllife thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
RES MERI JAAN!
--------------------

I love it when you keep writing, bless us with your talent and fluffiness. Lmao, I would say that I love it when your fiancee leaves so you can write, but you're so cute awww!!!!!! 

I love how you use Pushkar in almost every story by the way!!! πŸ˜†

Hai, yeh bechara ladka, baar-baar phone karta hai, PCT bhi phone karta hai aur phir ghar mein ghuss ta hai <3 Yaar, I need this Shravan in my life. πŸ€ͺ

Awww, he holds her hair while she throws up, my ex-boyfriend just made a face and ran as far as he could...your Shravan makes me cry, and I am guessing this story is based on personal experience too isn't it? *winkwinknudgenudge* πŸ˜›

HAHAHA. "Are you pregnant?" Bechara lambu. πŸ€£

HAIII HE MAKES HER AN OMELET HE PICKS HER UP AND SEATS HER ON THE COUNTER. MERI JAAN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!!!! HE LETS HER LEAN ON HIM AND WRAPS HIS ARM AROUND HER?!!!!! HE TAKES HER TO THE DOCTOR CARRIES HER?!!!! β˜ΊοΈ

Yo, your doctorness is shining through with this!!!! Were you imagining this while treating a patient? HAHAHAHAHA. Fangirl doctor problems. πŸ€£

Shravan is so sweet and caring, haha, awww he pretends to be married to her. LOL "Pushpa". πŸ˜†

"a little part of his mind thought that she would ask if her was her brother next and he would have probably denied that really loudly." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. πŸ€£

AW HE KISSES HER FOREHEAD?! AWW THE PILLOW IDEAA. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HE SLEEPS NEXT TO HER SO SHE WON'T MOVE!!!!! 

HAI MEIN MARJAWANNN THIS IS SO CUTE. 

Yaar, Anjali, take a f**king bow man, you are truly the fluff queen, and yet your stories are so realistic and down to earth that the fluff level increases because its not forced. And you write so well, I don't know how you think of these ideas but every single story you've written on EDKV so far has been absolutely amazing and unique. I don't know what you're doing in medical school, you could totally write for a living. I love this one just as much as the rest, your stories are the ones that you re-read when you're having a bad day, just thank you for writing them. πŸ€—

Thank you for getting me hooked on this show, I legit only come on here when you PM, I have been your biggest fan since the Harry Potter and Twilight days πŸ˜ƒ

I can't wait to read you next. And get better soon meri jaan, I hope tera Rahul jaldi waapis aajaye, wherever he's gone to this time. β€οΈ

-Aarti out πŸ˜Ž

Edited by kmh2lover - 7 years ago
maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Happy sighs :) I often read your pieces with a content smile on my face. Your fluff is the best kinda ShraMan fluff there is out there. 
Keep them coming..would to love to read more of your ShraMan.

- Reya <3

p.s Get well soon :) 
travelholic thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Only one comment - YOU ARE A  FREAKING AMAZING WRITER! PLease keep writing some of your plots are even more interesting than the show. 
and hopefully you pursue this skill of yours even more! you are a fantabulous writer (yes i created that word for you πŸ˜‰)
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
I love your candy floss fluff. Lovely read in the morning!
Duskyylilac thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7
Anjali...no words it's superbly written ... His dialogue "are you pregnant?" Hilarious yr but he is so concerned for her that's lovely and cute...he is helping her in and trying to comfort her in possiblest way that he can do ...husband and wife ong they are never clearing anyone's confusion that there aren't married coz shravan is planning to marry her πŸ˜† and he had realised love for his sumo ...
Your all stories on edkv is fab..
You are such an amazing writer you made my day sis ...lots of hugs ❀️ πŸ€— πŸ‘ Edited by Zenab78 - 7 years ago
WhyAmIHereAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Omg..dat was so...aaah I am at a loss of.words...u r one amazing writer...oooh shravan doesn't want t o be xalled her bro, does he...hahhaha...the whole story made my morning extra.special...tussi chaa gaae..get well soon
sapphire3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
A medical codition so beautifully penned down.Take a bow πŸ‘
Ur fluffs are damn amazing. As soon as ur notification pops, a smile appears on my face.I can imagine everthing happening in front of my eyes, its like watching a movie. God ...i love ur work

Your diehard fan
Priyam 😊
mineforever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
So ,so amazing..
Loved it ❀️
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
I never knew that falling sick can be so beneficial and almost get a confession out. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you for the pm.