Our Web Series"Starting Up": MONICA SEHGAL & HITESH

honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

"And now you'll be telling stories
                            of my coming back
                            and they won't be false, and they won't be true
                            but they'll be real"
                                                Mary Oliver, A Thousand Mornings

I used to be an avid IF follower few years back, since then have moved on with the busy routine of life. Back those days, Crooner was a post that helped me being part with a lovely show and meet some amazing people.

Recently along with a close friend of mine, who was also a part of IF in those days, we have launched a new series on web.

And we felt that it felt incomplete without sharing the news with our IF friends, with whom we have had such lovely sessions and days of discussing stories and life, of friendship and incomparable masti.

This is our first effort of exploring the Web medium to tell a story we feel very close to.

It's a contemporary take on an arranged marriage love story of a working couple played by Monica Sehgal and Hitesh Malukani.

The story begins when a young Silicon Valley techie, who is back in India on an unexpected work leave shifts to stay at his new-wife's apartment, who had been preparing to join him in the US.

At this unexpected juncture begins the story that traces the awkwardness and intimacy of marriages arranged in today's ambitious millennial generation.

Our show "Starting Up" is about discovery and hope, of a generation of young India, who are wary yet confident of creating new opportunities.

I have always remembered with deep affection the lovely discussions and criticism and feedback we had on our Crooner posts -- hope to engage in some amazing times ahead -- we are "hungry, young and foolish" and looking to hear feedback to improve.

Hope to meet back from old friends and make few more new ones on this journey.

Sharing our first promo - https://youtu.be/CK5f7lBWt4A

If you like it, please share and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

You can also find us for more news on Twitter: @kairos_prods   Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kairosproductions/           

"You may say I'm a dreamer,
                                           but I'm not the only one.
                                   I hope someday you'll join us.
                                    And the world will live as one."
                                                               John Lennon
Edited by honeypriya - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amisuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The journey or rather your journey... From beautifully crafted reviews and analysis of one of our favorite shows to directing and scripting a web series on such a huge platform... Kudos my girl πŸ‘ πŸ‘

The first thing that strikes me about the poster is the integration of the two landmarks and how they are the backdrop for your story.. 

Now coming to the promo.. Crisp, to the point and the underlying theme portrayed well. Eagerly waiting for the first episode now. 

On a side note, like the hero's voice. Quite smooth β˜ΊοΈ

And once again wishing you and your partner, another dear friend of ours, the very best for this and future ventures. Sure with your kind of talent, I'm expecting biggies and also certain " Special neighborly Superstars" getting involved too πŸ˜‰
Desai09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Priya DiiπŸ€—

So good to see a post from you after a long time.  I have been trolling IF for sometime now and was thinking about Crooner and our "glory days" πŸ˜‰ Imagine my surprise when I saw this.  πŸ˜†

I have seen the first look and it looks great. The concept is very interesting too.  I am looking forward to seeing your take on this subject.  And knowing who has made it,  I have no doubt about the quality of it.  I absolutely loved the first shot of the first look. Very nicely done. I am waiting to see what's in store for us. πŸ˜³

All the very best to both of you in "starting up"  this new adventure.   πŸ˜Š

P. S. I really love the lead pair.  They look very good together. Great casting choice.  πŸ˜ƒ

Love 

Ishii
Edited by Desai09 - 7 years ago
honeypriya thumbnail
IF has changed so much, I have been unable to find the Reply button or couldn't even select font or color in the post...haha.

Just makes you realize how we met at this place a lifetime ago.

Thanksss so much darling for the love and your thoughts in details.

It matters so much to hear our friends connect to what we are attempting out on our own.

Hope you love what we have in store ahead too.

And yes neigbourly love, unhe kahaan jaana hai, laut ke yahin aana hai. πŸ˜‰

Looking forward to some amazing catch ups again :)
Edited by honeypriya - 7 years ago
honeypriya thumbnail

awww...I too miss Crooner so much --- those were pure, simple fun days.

now times are so different -- but glad you liked it all.

Yes they are really amazing guys and talent - and very fresh -- hope everyone accepts them...

Its been so much fun making this, and looking forward to share the same with you guys ahead.

ohh how I missed the IF emojis and esp the hug one.

πŸ€—
beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Priya πŸ€—

I am happy to see you open a post to share this wonderful news . I believe we don't meet people by accident , they are meant to cross paths for a reason .I am glad our paths crossed πŸ˜› 

I loved the promo , like I said , not being biased but had goosebumps thinking the product is made by two good friends who I love . Being honest not familiar with the cast but I am intrigued by the pair . The promo delivered πŸ‘

Have this piece of my heart that smiled reading your and another dear friends name on the poster . Loved the poster simple , effective and " CLASSY " 

Wishing you girls the very best πŸ€—

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving." 

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Edited by beena14 - 7 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi priya,

great to see you and i am totally excited about this story telling decision of yours. when beena told me shweta and you had taken the plunge, was very happy. ipk brings out all sorts of things in us i find, apart from extreme and utter fangurrling.

have seen the trailer... lovely.

will share the link.

all the best.
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Priya,
The promo and the concept is wonderful...looking forward to the web series.

Congratulations to you and best wishes for your success  πŸ€—
Edited by spsharmila - 7 years ago
honeypriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: spsharmila

Hi Priya,

The promo and the concept is wonderful...looking forward to the web series.

Congratulations to you and best wishes for your success πŸ€—

Thankss so much dear...glad you liked.. thanks for remembering after so long :)
honeypriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi priya,

great to see you and i am totally excited about this story telling decision of yours. when beena told me shweta and you had taken the plunge, was very happy. ipk brings out all sorts of things in us i find, apart from extreme and utter fangurrling.

have seen the trailer... lovely.

will share the link.

all the best.

Hi Indi...long time 😊 😊

Thanks di...we have been in this for some time now...IPK was a nice break in between...

glad you liked it...hope you like the story ahead.

thanks for the wishes 😳 😳 😳