The Tenth Day Bheeshm Arjun Fight As per the Epic

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago
The Tenth day war started with Sikhandi moving forward and attacking Bheeshma with great determination.He shot a number of arrows on Pitamah who laughed and said.' I know you are a woman previously and man later. I also know the significance of your birth. But I will never fight with you as per my principle." Sikhandi got angry and ridiculed Bheeshma.' You are the desciple of Parasurama. It doesn't look proper if you don't meet my challenge.No need to bother about my previous birth.You are the sole reason for my existence on this earth.Now face my wrath." So saying Sikhandi shot more arrows on the old warrior. Arjun observed Sikhandi's attitude and understood that finally his Grand Father's final day of battle had arrived. He closed his eyes and prayed.' God Forgive my treacherous crime. But I am destined to do that today.Pitamah Forgive me." As he opened his eyes he saw Bheeshma smiling assuringly.Arjun asked Sikhandi to concentrate only on Bheeshm.Dhrisht called up his army and shouted. All of you be fearless. We should strike Bheeshma today.When Arjun leads us towards that no need to be afraid of. Proceed." The Pandava Army revived their spirits and moved forward. Duryodhan observed Arjun who is clearing way for Sikhandi to reach Bheeshma methodically. Whoever is coming in his way they are being punished by severe shafts from Gandiv.There is a clear firmness in the face of Krishna who is driving Arjun's chariot towards Bheeshma with great force and power.Duryothan called Dussasan and ordered him to stop Arjun from reaching Grand Father.Dussasan obstructed Arjun and shot five arrows on his forehead.Arjun frowned and broke his bow. He then shot a powerful shaft on Dussasan who swooned in his chariot due to it.But Dussasan got back his consciousness and again came in Arjun's way.Arjun's face displayed his anger and he instantly broke his bow,and pierced all his limbs with his surefire arrows. Dussasan could not bear the pain and ran away.Drona who is fighting at a distance observed Arjun's way of fighting that day and called his son Aswathama.' Son it looks like Arjun will definitely throw down Bheeshm today. I am not feeling well. I forget all the mantras of Astras.See the way Arjun is racing forward towards Bheeshma.He is clearing the way by destroying Kaurava Forces who are before our chief commander.I will stop Panchalas from assisting Arjun. You go and be with Bheeshma. Save him from Arjun today." Aswathama went to assist Bheeshma Bheema jumped into Kuru army and started destroying them to help Arjun reach Bheeshma but Bhagadutta,Jayadhradha and many others bounced on him. Arjun swiftly reached there and assisted Bheem in tackling them. He made Sikhandi be with him only and lead him towards Bheeshma.Again Dussasan came in the way of Arjun and fought fiercely.The way Dussasan fought that day to stop Arjun is praiseworthy as no other Pandava warrior except Arjun could stop him. Arjun wounded him severely and Dussasan went behind the chariot of his grand father.He pierced Bhagadutta's Elephant and removed them from his way.The celestials gathered in the sky to watch that crucial battle with Arjun targeting his Pitamah and the whole Kaurava army trying  to shield Bheeshma from him.The Kaurava Army with their stalwarts together attacked Arjun at once. Arjun scattered them like whirlwind scatters clouds with his Astras.Sikhandi was shown the way nearer to Bheeshma and under Arjun's protection he shot many arrows on Bheeshma.But Bheeshma was not effected by those arrows and started laughing at him.He avoided Sikhandi and shot Arjun with sharp arrows.Dussasan again came and ran away unable to bear Arjun's wrath.Dussasan brought Kripa Salya and Vikarna with him but Arjun destroyed their chariots and made them weapon less.Bheeshma got angry and destroyed Panchal army and killed Virata's brother Satanika.Pandava army felt depressed on seeing that. Krishna advised Arjun.' Parth Again your grandfather is on rampage. Now don't spare him for more. He will demoralise our army. Exhibit your prowess.Dont feel for him. He wants liberation  from your hands. Do him that favour. Indra's son had moisture in his eyes but nodded his head and bounced upon Santanav with full energy. The twang of Gandiv resounded in the battlefield.The chariot ,the charioteer of Bheeshma was covered with Arjun's arrows and Bheeshma's bow was broken much to the disappointment of Kauravas. Gandiv thrummed with menace.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Arjun wiped his tears that are continuously reminding him of the love he had for his grandfather. He looked at his Madhav whose face indicated him of the inevitable that is going to happen which is pre ordained. He clasped his Gandiv tightly and showered arrows in such a way that the army surrounding Bheeshm either got fatally wounded or fled away.He protected Sikhandi from Kauravas and encouraged him to strike Bheeshm.He broke every bow that Bheeshma took within split second. Then he covered Bheeshma's charioteer,his chariot and horses with sharpest arrows.Duryothan's Maharathis tried in vain to reach up Pitamah as Arjun appeared as if he is present before each of them and stopped their advances.Bheeshma has a slight smile at the corner of his lips. Now his grandson is in full power and no one can stop him. He then took a sakti weapon and hurled it on Arjun but it was destroyed and nullified. Arjun then killed Bheeshma's charioteer and destroyed  the roof of the chariot.Bheeshma then thought that it is futile exercise to continue fighting. No one can vanquish him if he still wields the bow. Celestials appeared in the sky and supported his decision.They showered flowers on his head.Still Bheeshma continued his battle as he doesn't want Duryothan to feel cheated.Sikhandi shot many arrows on Bheeshma but they could not show any effect. Then Arjun shot his arrows faster and broke Bheeshma's bow.He then shot a strong shaft that pierced inside Bheeshma's body.Bheeshma was stupified and looked at Arjun who is invincible to all the warriors of his side including himself. He addressed Dussasana thus.' The arrow that pierced my body belong to Arjun but not of Sikhandi.These arrows are torchering my body in crucial parts. Sikhandi never had such arrows. The arrows that struck me now are from Gandiv,They struck with high speed,They never miss their aim they are the sharpest and they belong to my Arjun.Sikhandi can never shoot such arrows.Then again Bheeshm hurled another sakti on Arjun but it was met in the middle itself and destroyed completely.Bheeshma then took a sword and shield but Arjun broke them and continuously showered arrows on his body with such precision and symmetry that the celestials were surprised and praised his archery.As the Sun also started going down,The pride of Kurus,the oldest warrior ,the famous Santanav,Ganga Putr Bheeshm slowly fell keeping his head in eastern direction struck by his dearest grandson's arrows on his body . He was on the arrow bed his head hanging down because of not having support.Arjun kept his Gandiv away and turned back sobbing uncontrollably. Krishna got up and took him in his hands. ' Parth,don't grieve for him. You paved his way for salvation.Control yourself." He enlightened his cousin and wiped his tears.At that moment sages came there in the form of swans and told Bheeshma not to leave his body in Dakshinayan. Bheeshma assured them that he will be alive till Uttarayan enters as he has the boon of Ichamrityu Death at his wish. 
ltelidevara thumbnail
The way SPK and even Star B ridiculed Bheeshma's last day at Kurukshetra I very much wished to post this not for those who already read the Epic but for those who couldn't . Bheeshma"s death was not mercy killing  as shown by the great SIDT and his zenius Utkarsh Nathani. He fought till the last moment. Ofcourse with Arjun. He avoided Sikhandi but resisted Arjun. It was a memorable yet heart wrenching battle between the Grand father and his beloved Grandson.I hope whoever read this will realise the reality and understand the Fake Episodes that  insult all the Epic charecters except the lead SID Putr and his Putr.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome information Lakshmi didi😃
Thank u for sharing this information😊
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow such a great information regarding bhishm death . Im unware of this facts.plus top on tht this serials do so much melodrama not letting to know wat actually in epic ..

thank you so much Lakshmi for providing all this info ..I'm learning more from ur updates ..

keep posting..