~Love is Independent of Language~ Devakshi OS

raksbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Love is Independent of  Language

" Agey koto brishti je dekhechhi srabone,

Jageni toh eto asha bhalobasha e mone..."

Sonakshi's voice sank as she heard his voice from behind. How could she forget where she was! This rain was making her go nuts. How much she loved these rains! And it had turned more beautiful with this feeling called "love".

" Ms. Bose? Aap kya kar rahi hai?"

His voice vibrated in her ears. She slowly turned looking everywhere except him.

" Ms. Bose?" He asked again.

She felt so embarrassed. The newly discovered feeling of love was doing all these crazy things. She wasn't to be held responsible at all.

" Ms. Bose, yeh aap neeche kya dekh rahi hai?" He asked. Irritation clearly visible from his voice.

She looked up. He was frowning at her, with arms crossed across his chest. She gulped and passed him a smile, which deepened his frown, and he shook his head.

" Aap kar kya rahi hai?"

" Gana ga rahi thi," she answered sheepishly.

He was still looking confused.

" You won't understand. It's a Bengali song," she clarified.

" Hmm. What is the song about?" Mr. Dev Dixit asked coming into the kitchen as he opened the refrigerator.

' Umm...nothing much," she tried her best to ignore the topic.

" Nehi batayie na. I liked the tune," he said, smiling.

" Kuch bhi nehi Mr. Dixit," she said, suddenly feeling eager to lose this battle. Even if she couldn't directly approach him, she could pass him some hints. What if what Eleena said come true. He might reciprocate her love. She smiled.

" Yeh aap aajkal akele akele smile kyun karti hai?" Dev asked as he drank some water.

" Kuch nehi, Mr. Dixit," Sona replied, smiling.

" Aap har question ki answer kuch nehi kyun de rahi hai, Ms. Bose?" He asked cocking his eyebrows.

Sona smiled.

Dev shook his head seeing her smile again.

" Kaunsa gana ga rahi thi batayi na," Dev egged on.

" Its about love, Mr. Dixit. Like the part u heard is saying that I've seen so many rains before but they weren't so beautiful like they appear to me now. They havn't kindled so many hopes as they have now, so many loves as they have now," she explained as she stared out at the grey sky. The rain had stopped but the smell of the rain soaked earth was so prominent in the air. She smiled as she felt the truth of the lyrics.

" And why is it so?" Mr. Dev Dixit asked with raised eyebrows. He placed the bottle on the kitchen counter and came by her side.

" Because the person is in love," she said as she looked at him.

" Okay. That sounds stupid," Dev commented casually.

" Sorry, Mr. Dixit. Come again," Sona said, turning to him. A slight frown appeared on her calm face. He cannot say that to one of her favorite Bengali song. He just CAN'T.

" Obviously. The whole thing of this love is stupid. It never happens in reality. Its more for teenagers, Ms. Bose. You are quite older for this stupid things,' he said.

Sona felt hurt. He thought love to be stupid. That included her love too, for sure. How could he tell such a beautiful feeling stupid! She had felt its beauty which he hadn't.

" Tumi ekta boka," she angrily said.

[ Its my favourite line from the show🤣- "You are stupid", it says in English. Just in case anyone doesn't know😳.]

" Phirse tumi tumi Ms. Bose," Dev said angrily.

' I said you are..." She trailed on as suddenly something clicked in her mind.

' I'm what, Ms. Bose?" Dev asked as he found her smiling, yet again.

" Nothing. Plz aap jayiye yahan se. I've loads of work to do. And neither love is stupid nor the lyrics are lying," she stated as she turned away from him.

" Ms. Bose..." Dev started but was interrupted in the middle.

" Plz, Mr. Dixit. Leave," she said, still facing her back to him. A smile playing on her lips.

" Okay," Dev said as he started to move out of the kitchen.

Suddenly, Sonakshi's voice rang from behind making him stop in his tracks and turn around. She was staring at him.

" Mr. Dixit, ami tomake khub bhalobashi,' she said, smiling. And then frowned forcefully. Her face flushed. Her heart fluttering.

[" I love you so much"- It says in English😳.]

" Sorry, Ms. Bose?" Dev said, not understanding a word said to him.

" Kuch nehi, Mr. Dixit. Plz leave," she said as she turned away again.

" Phirse kuch nehi,' Dev muttered under his breath as he shook his head and left from there.

Sonakshi smiled. Finally, she had told him. What if she said in a different language. What if he didn't understand. But love wasn't confined to any particular language. Even if he didn't understand, her love for him wasn't diminished. And she had confessed her love, which she could never have done if he had understood. 

Love is a constant term, which can never be differentiated into a zero even if its one-sided and painful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N: Its raining heavily here in Kolkata so I wanted to write something rainy rainy coz i love this grey sky and these rains. But it turned out to be something completely different from my intentions🤢.

Anyways, do tell me how bad it was😳...

Thanx for reading

Love

Rakhi😳

Edited by raksbasu - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
RES UNRES . Aww , so sweet . I swear I am going to Lear n Bengali .. Yaar , sona can actually say ily in Bengali , Dev will say HINDI PLS MS. BOSE AND THEN she will be DR.BOSE FOR U .. This was amazing , do pm me if u write anything in the future Edited by AdyaXoxo - 7 years ago
Sam1970 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
lovely...
Keep writting

Thanks
BDCTG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Khubi valo laglo...
Onek din por IF e... Tao eshei ekta Bangla te vora OS porlam...
Khubi shundor hoyeche.
krystle123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
its really cute, funny and lovely os. do more os in future.😛👏
JyotiBThakur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awww... That's so sweet and lovely... Thanks for sharing... Do write more...🤗
IamIbe thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Loved this. Can you continue it possibly like Dev coming to know from someone what it meant and his reaction??...👏
saumiee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Wow👏 beautiful😳
How amazingly you kept the original character equation intact. . Bringing in freshness at the same time😊 would love to read more of your works.😃

Edited by saumiee - 7 years ago
chholabhatoora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
aww eita bhaari mishti os chilo khoob shundor keep it up
Ferdous_69 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Amazing OS ...
Keep it up nd write more