Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

The Hint from OS: Yoga Every Morning was - 

"Yes, I mean. Maybe, you could try out something else. Have you ever tried talking to Neha?"

"No, that's not what I mean. Neha is scarred, and instead of trying to talk about her scars and wounds, if you try talking to her normally, talk to her about normal stuff, like anything..."

She paused to look at Dev, who nodded, urging her to continue, "I don't know, like the weather, instead? You know what I mean.. Share your day at the office with her. Tell her something new, you saw. Mr. Dixit, anything, but trying to convince her about her past, and accept it."

"No. I think you are right. It's high time, I deal with Neha's past and I will tackle it differently, this time. Thank you, Ms. Bose."

Credits to luvflicksgirl, .FlyingClouds., MeDHellsAngel, priyanvs, asfiqbalsh for guessing it is about Neha. 

A lot of you mentioned morning walk, but, that was not it. Seems, like a good idea, though. πŸ˜‰

OS - Sibling Chat

It was around 9.30 at night, and all the members of the Dixit household had retired to their respective rooms, after dinner.

Dev, knocked on Neha's door.

"Hey, Neha, you up for a stroll? For once, garmi thodi kam lag rahi hai."

Neha, who was reading something, looked up, and readily agreed, "Sure, Bhai. Let's go."

"What were you reading?"

"The Strange Case of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde."

"Hmm. How do you like it?"

"It is really good, thrilling."

By then, they had stepped outside their, gate and decided to take the all too familiar route, away from the market area, which would be buzzing with vendors shutting shop for the day.

"English class kaisa chal raha hai, Neha?"

"Good. Achcha chal raha hai. I am done with the really basic things. Ab, toh, har roz, nayi cheezein English mein discuss karte hain. I read this book, or watch a movie, aur us par, we discuss."

"That's amazing. Achchi English bol leti hai, tu, ab toh."

"Thanks. Waise, aapki zindagi, mein how is everything going, Bhai?"

"Nothing really specific. Apart from the deal with the Gujrals. That's a major project for now."

"Riya ne bataya. Office mein sab bahut busy hain, nahi?"

Dev just nodded, enjoying this new found camaraderie with Neha. They still hadn't touched upon a lot of things of vital importance. But, living in ignorance was a bliss, at least for now.

"So, I go for Yoga in the mornings these days. Dr. Bose bhi aati hain. In fact, she was the one who suggested it for..."

"For your sleeplessness, it's called in... inso... in-som-nia." Neha stammered, but held her ground.

For once, Dev didn't volunteer to help her, and Neha liked it.

"Yes. I saw the tablets in the bin, and Dr. Bose, also told me. It's a nice thing, Bhai. Aap, kisiki toh sun rahe hain, Ma ke alaawa."

"Well, do logon ki baatein kabhi nahi taalni chahiye." Dev began.

"Your doctor and your lawyer." Neha finished, and Dev nodded in agreement with a smile.

"So, how is your life in general?" Dev asked, treading on shaky grounds, expecting her to rant about her past, and it was justified too.

"Confusing. Ranveer ne propose kiya mujhe. I said no. He is a good man. Par, uska parivar, achcha hai, par bahut gareebi hai. There are so many responsibilities, that I cannot handle again. It is a very small house they live in. Bahut log rehte hain, lekin. Saath aath log, aur bachche bhi. I found it very difficult, but I decided this was the right thing to do."

Dev was mildly surprised.

"Do you like him?"

"I do like him. He is a nice man, as I said. Haalat achche nahi hain. And, puri zindagi, maine zimmedariyaan nibhayi hain. I don't want to be responsible for anyone anymore. They need a more responsible girl in their family. I want to be responsible only for myself, now, Bhai."

"That's good. It's really good. Are you happy now? He won't be teaching you English forever. Will you be able to handle it when he won't be?" Dev voiced a question perturbing him.

"No. I won't be. I will miss him, but I will deal with it. Just like, I am dealing with my past. Ghar se bahar nikal ne ke baad, I have realized Bhai, ki life mein, challenges, toh har kisiko face karne padte hain. It isn't about what you face, it comes down to how you face them. I don't approve of what Ma did with me. Do not support her, you know she was wrong, too. Your love for her, doesn't allow you to speak against her. Fair enough. But, you can listen."

Dev didn't argue, and listened.

"What she did with me, was wrong. She is a great mother, Bhai. But, every mother is. Maybe, other women may not have toiled all day, stitching and doing embroidery, but they have done other things, equally difficult and tiring for their children. Being a mother, means being sacrificing, Bhai. Maine dekha hai, and finally I have analysed, it, aur main iss nateeja par pahunchi hoon, ki, you seem to feel indebted towards what she has done for you. You do not have to. That's a burden on you. And, no mother will ever like to increase her children's burden."

"Par,  bahut kuch kiya hai, Ma ne."

"Haan, kiya hai. Par hum par meherbaani nahi ki hai. Who, Ma hain, unka farz hai ki woh, hamara dhyaan rakhein."

Neha continued, "Par, mere saath jo hua, it was not really right. Bachchon mein farak karna, depending on their capabilities, is called partiality Bhai. Jab, school mein, teacher achche padhnewale bacche ki, hamesha tareef karein, toh dusre bachchon, ko achcha nahi lagta. I haven't gone to school, much, but you have. Aisa hota hain, na, Bhai?"

"Hota hai. And, I see, that you aren't wrong."

"Par, haan, Ma ne jo kiya, uska anjaam, unhe bhugat na hoga."

Dev looked up sharply, to which Neha said, "I came across a proverb. Life is a full circle. Hum jahan se zindagi shuru karte hain, kisi na kisi din, we have to come back there, Bhai. It is a fact of life. Achcha toh achcha, bura toh bura. It holds good for everyone, you, me, and Ma."

"I love her, too. And, I know she loves me. But, sometimes, love is just not enough. Anyways, I haven't been ranting without a reason."

"Slowly, par mujhe yeh realise hua hai, ki, for Ma's actions, I cannot and will not punish myself. I will not deprive myself the happiness and joy, I can feel, by thinking about my past. Main, apne atheeth ko accept karne ki koshish kar rahi hoon. I am not going to hold a grudge against Ma, because, it affects me, emotionally."

Dev smiled, and he was genuinely happy.

"I am sorry, Neha. Hum mein se kisine tumhe samajhne ki koshish nahi ki. If I had done something earlier..."

"I wouldn't have realized. Kuch cheezein khud karni padti hain, Bhai. And, I am going to hold onto my optimism till as long as I can."

"Waise, yeh, change of mindset, kab se hua?" Dev wondered aloud.

"A lot of things, Bhai. When, I decided to learn, English, I told myself, yeh pehla kadam hai. And, I patted my back at each step I took ahead. Remember, we had gone to Dr. Bose's house for a day?"

"Her family, is so beautiful, Bhai. Ghar chota hai, kam log hain, par, itna achcha hai. Unke ghar jaate hi, pata chalta hai, ki, that's one family, that is together through thick and thin."

"That's true. Her family, is really nice. Dr. Bose, is one lucky girl."

Neha agreed and continued, "I had a chat, with her Father, that day. And, mujhe, us din, ek father figure ki kami mehsoos hui. Inspite of myself, mujhe jalan mehsoos hua, Dr. Bose, se. Jo bhi ho, Bhai, Papa ka hona bachchon ke liye bahut zaroori hai. Children have two parents, because, they share responsibilities. Woh, duties, are different in different families. Par, ek parent ke na hone par, kuch cheezein adhura reh jaate hain. A father can be a friend, a hero, a role model. I realized, ki, I miss that."

Dev and Neha walked in silence for a while. They were reflecting on their lives, and the kind of childhood they both had missed out on. Life, had taken a toll on them. But, they had scraped through without many injuries.

"So what next?" Dev asked.

"Nothing much. I have applied to a culinary institute in Mumbai. I know, mere paas koi degree nahi hai. Maine, ek covering letter bhi likha hai, telling them the same. Par, mujhe khaana banana aata hai. I haven't even completed my 12th. Par, from what I have heard, they don't see that. It is for people, who like me, want to do something in their lives. It is a two-year course. Par us se pehle, I am going to have to learn some basics, no, not cooking ke basics, basics about, the terms and language used in English regarding food and dishes. So, maine kisise baat ki hai. Things are working out. You are going to have to pay for all that, but, I promise, not a penny will be wasted."

Dev agreed, and said, "You don't have to say things like that."

"I have to, Bhai. Aapko aisa hi lagta hai, ki hum teen aapki zimmedari hai. Responsibility is a burden. And, I will hate to be a burden. Mujhe life mein kuch karna hai, kuch ban na hai. I want to be independent, and earn my own money. Kam hi sahi, par it will be a reward for my sweat and blood. These are all just plans, I have learnt to make, dreams, I have learned to see. How far, they work, I don't know."

"They will work as far and as long as you want them to work." Dev said, quietly, appreciating his sister's ambitions, and vowing to be the pillar of strength she needed.

"Chalo, maine, bahut bol liya. I think, yeh pehli baar hai, we have had a normal conversation. Warna, aap Ma ko defend karte rahenge, aur main aapko accuse karti rahungi. Oh, and, I am sorry, Bhai. Maine, hamesha, aapko aur Ma ko dono ko blame kiya hai, but, you weren't at fault. She was. You were as much a victim, as I was. No, deny mat karna. I have stopped blaming Ma, and accusing her, of wrongdoing. Because, mujhe is negativity ke saath nahi jeena. I was just tying the loose ends."

"Toh, aap bataiye, what is happening in your life?"

"Bataya tha, na, the deal."

"That is in your business. Business isn't your life. I meant, your personal life."

"Nothing at all."

"And, Sonakshi?"

"What about her?"

"Nothing at all." Said, Neha.

Both of them knew the discussion wasn't over, it had just started.

"You like her." Neha didn't ask, she stated, as plainly as a theorem.

"No. She is my employee and a friend, and a well-wisher."

"And someone you care about."

"Yes, someone I care about. She is smart, intelligent, kind, and brave, and astute."

"She is pretty." Neha added.

"And, that too." Dev, agreed.

"I used to think, mujhe koi nahi mila, because I was at home. Par, pyaar toh Dr. Bose ko bhi nahi dhoond paya."

"She is waiting for some miracle love story." Dev said, with slight humour in his tone.

"Did she tell you that?"

"She did. Just before that cruel accident. What a cruel day, that was. And, I had to keep her awake, until the doctors arrived." Dev was reminiscing the time. It wasn't pleasant.

"And, how did you do that?"

"I was telling her stories about when I was a kid. I told, her about bringing Gola for Riya. How I ran, to make sure, it didn't melt."

"And, she always complained, it had melted a little."

Dev and Neha laughed together.

"Bhai, woh, wahi Gola bechnewala hain na?" Neha, suddenly pointed to an old man, standing at a distance, who was packing his wares.

"Shayad, wahi hai. Do you want to have?"

They turned to look at each other, and gave each other a nod, knowing what was coming next.

The next, second, the siblings were racing, to get the Gola seller, before the other, a race to hold onto their present, a race against their past, a race for their future, a race for happiness, and joy, and a race of two children, to their freedom; from responsibilities and duties and the cares of life.

The End

Note - Consider not having Sonakshi in this OS, is a compensation for not having Dev in OS: Sleepover At The Bose House. πŸ˜† 

Neha, is learning English, and is able to converse a little bit. 

THERE IS A HINT HERE. A TRICKY ONE. Not expecting the exact idea, anything, close enough will be accepted, and I will credit you. πŸ˜‰ And, that person who gives the closest guess, I will write an OS, of your choice, your idea. πŸ˜³

More of DevAkshi - DevAkshi Index - Flowing Thoughts - My Fiction Index

Edited by najma123 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BunnyObodhro368 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loved the OS
It was truly a beautiful conversation between two siblings
Is the hint about neha and their mother
Or about sona's miracle love story πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
luvflicksgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
YaY!!
I guessed it right againπŸ˜† yipeee

Newy coming back to your OS... It was a wonderful one... every brother and sister should have such a talk... fabulous...

Regarding the hint: i'll have to read it againπŸ˜† and then I'll editπŸ˜ƒ
randommusings thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Great OS dear.
Very well written. Neha is so frank and direct that only she can directly ask Dev about Sonakshi.

Even I was thinking on similar lines - how Sona would help bridge gap between Neha and Dev. And maybe it will be Sona who will help Neha with her feelings for Ranveer.

Hint for next OS - Is it Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? (alternating personalities) or 
Dev reminiscing about the accident day

- Abi
Divi.C thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Omg..this one is wonderfull...
sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That was a beautiful convo between the siblings
They were so cute and so understanding
I loved it
Awesome
abcd00 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome OS
Continue soon with another
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
waah bhyee, roz ki treat ☺️
res!
JyotiBThakur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
OMG... This is so good Najma... It'll be a treat to watch a normal conversation between Dev and Neha... And it'll be too good, if Sona will suggest Dev to talk to Neha.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ Kudos to you...πŸ‘
Ferdous_69 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Awesome OS...
Siblings convo was really amazing
I am wailting for an another amazing one
Keep it up nd next one update soon
πŸ‘ πŸ‘