Abhimanyu On Thierteenth Day

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
Posted: 10 May 2016 at 2:24am 
Abhi folded his hands in salutation.He is standing in the sky. His whole form is shining with a different lustre.' Jyesht Mata,I take leave.I beg pardon I can not stay for long to see your criminals punished." Panchali stared at him and shouted.' Come down Abhi. You can not go like this.How could I bear?come back Abhi. For me,for Subhadra,for Uttara and for your Pita? He won't breath without you." Abhi smiled and said.' I am helpless Mata. I have to leave." 
                 Panchali got up from her nightmare.It is the early hours of thirteenth day at Kurukshetra.She had sweat all over her face. She is shivering with fear. What kind of a dream she got? It is said that early morning dreams will become true.Abhi...Something bad may happen  to him today.Panchali controlled herself and prayed to Durga Bhavaani ' Save him Mata.Our lives depend on him only." 
                        Uttara pleaded with Subhadra.' Mata I got the dream again. Ask your son not to go today. I sense something bad may happen today.' Subhadra took her to Yudhishtir's main camp hall where all the Warriors assemble before they leave.Yudhishtir is worried. His spies failed to bring any information regarding the Vyuha or plan of their rivals.He asked Krishna.' Why did they maintain that secrecy? Krishna I sense some foul play. After yesterday's battle they must have realised Gurudev's failure in Arjun's presence.On top of it they lost Bhagadutta and Supratika." Bheem laughed merrily.' Why do you worry? Duryothan must have realised how futile his plans are.so they must have slept peacefully . Better to catch sleep rather than break their heads and make useless plans." Abhi who just entered clapped his hands and said.' Jyesht Pita don't worry. Now we are leading the scores. Very shortly they will admit defeat." 
                      Subhadra Panchali and Uttara entered and collectively requested.' Let Abhi stay back today.Uttara needs him by her side.' Arjun called Abhi.' Take a break.Be with your wife for a while.Why don't you listen to her? Madhav, tell your Ladla to stay back." Panchali approached Abhi and softened his curls.' Your father and Mama will take care of your Jyesht Pita. Don't be stubborn. Stay back." She is unable to forget her dream and Abhi 's words.Krishna  taunted them,' Bhadra,Krishnaa  you both should infuse courage in Uttara. But you both are more worried it seems. Kshatriyas need not fear wars . It is a cherished game for them.And Parth,you are discouraging your son? Not done.
                       Abhi hugged his mama and shouted.' Come now Kirti Sutasom Bhrata,let us lead in the front.Pitasri,today I will make you proud by displaying my valour." Arjun hugged him close. Tears rolled down from his eyes.His lion cub will never take a backstep. After all he is his blood,his son,his Abhimanyu." 
                       The Pandava army reached the warspot and deliberated on the Vyuha to be formed.' Why did Gurudev not make his Vyuha yet? He got the answer next minute. The Samsaptakas challenged him yet again.' Arjun, if you are a hero face us now. But not here. We will do our fight away from this main battle spot. Come let us go if you have guts." Arjun looked at Krishna who nodded his head. Yudhishtir half heartedly gave them permission to go.As Arjun left the place Kauravas shouted in joy.Within a short while their Vyuha became visible to Yudhishtir. And it is Chakra Vyuh. Also called Padma Vyuh. The Lotus Formation.And only three warriors know how to penetrate inside. Arjun,Krishna and Pradyumna. Abhi learnt only half. He doesn't know how to come back after getting inside.

Edited by ltelidevara - 10 May 2016 at 2:30am
Edited by ltelidevara - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Kunti finished her puja . As she closed her eyes in prayer a certain gloom overtook her suddenly.She is getting war updates from Vidur from day one.Never she had this shallow feel not even when her Phalgun has to encounter his grand father on day ten.Except the death of Iravan and Uttar till now not much loss happened in their side.GuruDron was unable to capture Yudhishtir who was safe under the protective shade of her Phalgun. Then why she is feeling her heart tugged up inside? Suddenly her eyes are brimming with tears and obstructing her vision.
                                    Pragati rushed in and pulled her out of her miserable condition. ' Grand Mother, Ganthari Dadi told me an interesting story of Indraprasth. I want to share it with you. Actually you also must have known it but these days you seems to forget every thing. Ganthari Dadi recollects every thing and tells me so many incidents of Indraprasth." Pragati's words made Kunti grumble to herself.' She is in a happy state of mind Pragati,Her sons did not suffer in the forest. Her daughter in law was not humiliated in the Dyut Sabha.No surprise, her memory power is quite intact.Kunti looked at Pragati's enthusiastic face. She resembles her brother Abhimanyu a lot.What is surprising? They both are Phalgun's children.
                               Kunti asked Pragati.' Any information about today's battle available? Where is your Pitamah Vidur? " Pragati pouted and said.' I don't know anything about war. You first tell me if you remembered this anecdote?" Pragati started narrating and Kunti went back to her good old Indraprasth leaning back on her takia.
                                Indraprasth is celebrating its formation day. Every year the day they entered Indraprasth they celebrated with great grandeure.First time Pandavas got a shelter that is their own. They are no more the shelter seekers of Hastina pur.Due to Arjun's valour,Krishna's grace and Indra's favour they got the wonderful kingdom built in a unique way ,Pandavas rejoiced on that day for being the lords of the heavenly city.
             Abhi is five years of age and making his presence felt by his sheer smartness and exceedingly good looking appearance.All the guests of Rajasuya are there. Arjun's wives are there.Krishna's also. 
Duryothan Dussasan and Karn along with Sakuni are enjoying the hospitality of the Pandavas.
               Subhadra is desparate. She fumed at Arjun and Krishna' why do you both pamper him so much? He is becoming too naughty." Arjun tried to explain' Bhadra, Being naughty is quite natural for kids. Let him be." Krishna supported him.' Yes Ofcourse. And don't forget he is my nephew.He will be naughty and smart. Bhadra you should not blame Abhi."
                   Subhadra is desparate.' You know he is making fun of your cousins. And Bhrata Bheem is encouraging him.Yesterday he asked Duryothan to hit the bird target. He said.' My father fixed it permanently on the tree.I will hit it daily. Since you failed in Gurukul now you can try again.He said. It seems Duryothan felt insulted. He said.' Abhimanyu your Jyesht Pita and Bheemsen also did not hit it." Abhi told him they admit their lapse. You also say it." 
                    Krishna and Arjun laughed aloud and clapped. Arjun lauded his son.' Bhadra,Abhi is learning the tricks to make our rivals accept defeat.Way to go. Why do you want to curb his spirit? Let him grow freely at his will." 

ltelidevara thumbnail
Posted: 12 May 2016 at 1:42am |
Vidur 's arrival brought Kunti from her golden memories.His face is looking dull and the lines on his forehead indicated his anguish. Kunti feared something and asked.' What news you got from Kurukshetr? Why do you look worried? " She asked. Vidur answered in a desparate tone.' I got the information late today. Otherwise I would have sent message to Arjun not to leave his brother and move away.Arjun was taken far away from the battlefield . Samsaptakas challenged him So he left the main battlefield. After that Guru Dron arranged lotus formation or Chakravyuh." 
              Kunti got up and exclaimed.' What? Chakravyuh ? But no one knows the technique except Phalgun." Vidur nodded his head. Krishna,Pradyumn and Arjun only knew that That is why in Arjun's absence Drona was made to arrange that Vyuha." Kunti was devastated. ' What will happen now? If Yudhishtir is captured every thing will be lost.
              The Chakravyuh Formation of Drona was spectacular with all the formidable warriors from Kaurava side occupying prominent places.Dhrishtdyumn fumed at the cunningness of Drona and told Yudhishtir.' Who will be able to penetrate this Vyuha. It is very difficult  to do so. Arjun knew the method. But he is far away. All this is preplanned by that wicked Drona it seems."
              Yudhishtir thought for a while and called Abhimanyu.' Putr you know our rivals formed Chakravyuh.Your father knows the technique. But he is away.I hope you know this as well." Abhi replied honestly.' Jyesht Pita,I learnt only  to enter that. I don't know how to come back." 
              Yudhishtir said .' Putr. You just penetrate inside. We all will accompany you and destroy the Vyuha." Bheema said.' Abhi,If you pierce it first myself,Satyaki,Dhrisht and others will exhibit our prowess and smash our rivals ." 
          Abhi smiled with enthusiasm.' Jyesht Pita,you need not tell me that many times. Today I will show my valour in such a way that my parents will get the fruit of be getting a heroic son.I will suppress Karavas and make my Pitasri and my Mama proud.Today people will witness the same sort of skills in me as they witnessed in my father." Bheema patted his back and ordered his charioteer Sumitra to arrange everything in Abhi's chariot." 
       Kirti hugged Abhimanyu and pleaded with him.' Bhrata,take me along. I want to accompany you." Abhi kissed Kirti on his forehead and said.' Kirti if you come I should be more careful and my attention will get diverted. Stay back little brother." Abhi proceeded and called back.' Kirti,tell Pitasri. I will never let him down." 
     Abhi approached Drona who is at the entrance and showered arrows on him.Before Drona could resist him Abhi rushed inside. Drona was awestruck on seeing the speed and skill of Abhi. Is he seeing Arjun or Abhi before him,he wondered. As he looked back the Kaurava army was burnt by the fire called Abhi. The Vyuha face was destroyed and every where horses,elephants,warriors fell struck by Abhi's arrows.Duryothan got furious and rushed towards Abhimanyu.To protect Duryothan,Aswathama,Karns,Kripa,Salya and Vrishasena surrounded Abhimanyu.But none of them could resist Abhi and were scattered in all sides by Abhi's arrows.
ltelidevara thumbnail
It was a fantastic exhibition of valour by Abhi that made celestials wonder how can a mere sixteen year old could fight all the maharathis of Kaurava side without fear or hesitation. Salya attacked Abhi but Abhi shot such arrows that made Salya swoon and fall back.The Kaurava army started running for their lives and Drona could not bring them back to fight.Every one who observed Abhi identified him with Krishna and Arjun in terms of lightness of hand,accuracy,perfect eyesight and precision.
                     No one can look at Abhi who used his bow and arrows with such perfection that Drona stood stupified.He felt too happy to see such prowess in Arjun's son. He wanted to taunt Duryothan and addressed Kripa.' Only Abhimanyu stood intact in the battlefield causing pleasure to his kith and kin.I am awestruck on seeing the son of my dear desciple Arjun fight on par with his father." Duryothan got angry and told his brothers and Karna.' See our Guru's partiality.He is praising a boy because he is his favourite desciple Arjun's son.And he just sings his praises but doesn't want to hurt the boy." 
             Then Duryothan ordered his warriors to surround Abhi and teach a lesson to him.Dussasan boasted loudly.' Singlehandedly I will kill the boy. Then Krishna and Arjun die with that pain. Our purpose will be fulfilled." On seeing Dussasan Abhi burnt like fire,' Stay there. You are the one who harassed my Jyesht Mata. Endure the punishment today." So saying Abhi fought with great vigour and finally broke Dussasana's bow,and wounded him severely.He then shot a sharp arrow in his spine and on his chest. Dussasan fell in his chariot stupified and injured fatally.
            Next in line happens to be the great Warrior called Suryaputr Karna who faced the light of Parth's eyes,the synosure of Krishna's heart and the dearest son of Subhadra and Panchali.Abhi killed Karna's army and shot seventy three arrows on him. Karna fumed and used divyastra's to suppress Arjun's son.But soon Karna got exhausted and his brother came to his rescue and faced Abhi.Immediately Arjun's son whose beauty doubled due to the winning smile on his face Cut the head of Karna's brother with a lance.Karna retreated on seeing this and Abhi continued his terrific fight and crushed Kaurava army.
            Abhi went behind Karna and That great warrior par excellence fled from the battlefield.Drona started calling them back.' Karn! Kripa! Stop there. Don't run away.Sakuni,Duryothan! Show your might and save your army." 
         As Abhi is causing havoc in Kaurava army,Pandavas rushed forward to assist him and get inside.But Jayathrath stopped them like a mountain and did not allow them to enter the Vyuha .That happened due to Siva's boon to Jayathrath that he could restrain the Pandavas except Arjun for one day and that day happened to be that particular day .He became successful in preventing the four Pandavas from getting inside and thereby paved way to Abhi's death.
       Now Karna's son Vrisha Sen faced Abhimanyu.He shot powerful arrows on Abhi and hurt him.Abhi broke his bow,Wounded his horses and Vrishasen and his chariot dragged him here and there. Abhi followed that and killed many kings soldiers horses and elephants.Salya's son Rukmaratha obstructed his way and Abhi cut his hands and head with great precision.
ltelidevara thumbnail
Posted: 14 May 2016 at 1:43am |
On Duryothan's order,so many kings surrounded Abhi with their weapons and Soldiers.Abhi is not perturbed by that onslaught. He shot Gandharvastr that he learnt from his father. Arjun obtained that from Tumburu the Gandharv of Devine origin.Because of that the Kings felt themselves surrounded by so many warriors and hurt by many astras.As they are in such delusion,Abhi shot sharpest arrows on them and struck them down.Duryothan fumed on seeing this and attacked Abhi. Within a short while he retreated back unable to bear the fire of Abhimanyu.
             The other sons of Dhritarashtra stood dazed,shivering with fear looking confused. Duryothan again pooled up courage and attacked Abhi with Kripa,Karna,Kritavarma,Sakuni and Brihadbala.Abhi bounced on them and shattered them .
          At that moment Duryothan's son Lakshmana Kumar faced Abhimanyu .Lakshmana could not withstand the valour of Abhi.As everyone around helplessly stared at them,Abhi shot devastating arrows on the shoulders and chest of Lakshmana that pierced inside with quick precision.' It is your wrong judgement to come in my way. Lakshman,Now you can not escape from me." So saying Abhi made Lakshmana's head shining with earrings fall on earth. Duryothan got tears in his eyes and was in shock not knowing what to do with Abhimanyu. He wept for the death of his son and blamed GuruDron for his inability to control Abhimanyu.
                   Again the Maharathis of Duryothan Drona,Karna and others tried their best to suppress Abhimanyu but he surpassed them in every way and defeated them.He shot fifty arrows at Drona,Eighty at Aswathama,and made Karna swoon with one single arrow.He killed many soldiers and kings like Brindaraka,Krothaputra and others.He destroyed the chariot of Kripacharya.Abhi killed Kosala king Brihadbala with a sharp lance.Again Karna attacked him with six of his troup commanders.Abhi hurt the earend of Karna with arrows called Karnikas.He killed the six commanders with ease and pride.
                  Jarasantha's son young Asmantaka dared to face Abhi but was killed by him.On seeing that Dussasana's son attacked Abhi and shot his charioteer and horses.Abhi rolled his eyes and zeered.' Just now your father ran away from me. How can you even think of saving yourself?" Saying so Abhi shot a powerful arrow on him but Aswathama struck that in the middle.Abhi then killed Dussasan's sons' charioteer and the boy got on to another chariot.Sakuni was punished severely by Abhi and the uncle of Duryothan found himself wounded,fatally.
         Karna is frustrated and approached Drona.' I know Arjun's prowess. But this son of Arjun tortured me like never before. I am standing in the battlefield helplessly. Tell an idea to throw him down." 
  Drona replied half heartedly. I taught Arjun how to make the armour invincible. Abhimanyu must have learnt that from him. As long as he has his bow in hand we can not do anything. He can not be won in fair war." 
   Karna pretended as if he is afraid and when Abhi is fighting with others,went to his back and broke his bow by fraud.Drona killed the horses and Kripa killed the charioteer.Abhi stood on the ground without chariot,without, bow and without fear.
                Panchali shouted at Malini who brought the information that Abhi entered the Chakravyuh alone. ' What are you saying? Are you mad? What is the necessity for my Abhi to do so when his father is there? Panchali fired but Malini stated the obvious.' Princess,Rajkumar Arjun is far away from the battlefield fighting Samsaptakas. And apart from Rajkumar Arjun no one knows how to penetrate the Vyuha." Subhadra who entered with Uttara stammered,' But he knows only how to enter. He doesn't know how to come back." Tears made her voice choked with pain. As Panchali stood dazed,she heard the sound of Uttara falling on the couch and uttering the words ' Mata,My dream is turning into reality. He Eswar" Panchali and Subhadra ran to her only to find her unconcious.Panchali closed her eyes,tears falling down and she reminisced Abhi's words in her dream' Jyesht Mata I take leave." 

Edited by ltelidevara - 14 May 2016 at 1:46am
ltelidevara thumbnail
As Abhi stood on earth the Warriors defeated by him like Sakuni,Kritavarma,Bahlika,Aswathama and others shamelessly showered arrows on him and wounded him.Abhi did not feel any kind of fear. He took his sword and Dhal and jumped higher into the sky . The Warriors around shook with anticipation of Abhi's attack on them.Drona mercilessly broke Abhi's sword with a lance and Karna broke the dhal.All those renowned warriors did not feel ashamed of themselves to attack one single boy together.
         Abhi took his chariot wheel and whirled it round like Vishnu's Sudarsan.Every one stood spellbound on seeing his beautiful face,shining with anger not bothering even though wounded severely. Abhi continued his heroic feat by killing the soldiers with the chariot wheel not fearing for his life. The celestials showered flowers on him praising his extraordinary skills and undaunted courage.The Warriors around again attacked Abhi and broke his chariot wheel into pieces. Abhi took the mace and attacked Aswathama but Aswathama got frightened and hid behind his chariot.Abhi struck Aswathama's horses and charioteer with his mace.He then turned to Sakuni and killed all his Gandhara soldiers.He smashed Kekayas and The Elephant force of Papati king within minutes.
                 Then Dussasan's son attacked Abhi with force but Abhi killed his charioteer and horses instantly.Dussasan's son took his mace and Abhi attacked him with his mace.A ferocious battle continued with both the Warriors fighting with great courage not bothering about the blood oozing all over their bodies and flesh coming out from the ruptured wounds.Finally both of them fell on the ground ,lifeless making every one around awestruck and spellbound. 
                    Abhi left for heaven fighting till his last breath and thus became immortal. In the history of mankind never did any warrior fight with such fierceness,skill and courage.Abhi fell on the ground but the lustre of his moonlike face did not fade away.The nephew of Sri Krishna closed his lotus like eyes and looked like Vishnu in his Yog Nidra .On seeing that lifeless Abhi Kauravas roared with glee while Pandava side merged in the ocean of grief.
            The sun set unable to bear the injustice done by the Kaurava side to One single child warrior.Yudhishtir sat in his tent with his face bent in his hands. He started repenting for his action.' How could I send the youngest warrior to penetrate the Chakravyuh? What should I say when Arjun comes and asks' Where is Abhi? What should I tell Krishna's dear sister Subhadra?How do I see Arjun's face now?Even if we get back our kingdom will it be equal to the smiling face of Arjun's son?" 
         Bheema wept and said.' How could I convince Arjun that Jayathrath stopped us from entering the Vyuha ? Shame on me. Eldest! I very much feel concerned of my brother Jishnu. He can not tolerate Abhi's demise.Better than this we should have accepted defeat." 
             Sahadev shed tears and reminded them.' ' How could you forget Panchali? She loved Abhi more than her sons. She won't recover from this grief . I am sure." Nakul nodded in approval.
                  Kirti rushed towards Panchali who stood like a statue not moving a bit. Malini already delivered the sad news to her. Subhadra and Uttara fell on the ground unconscious. Kirti wept shakin Panchali vigorously.' Mata Abhi Bhrata left us. Why did he leave me back? " Panchali did not respond. Kirti's tears are drenching her and her other sons tried to bring her to senses. They made her sit but Panchali just stared into the empty space. Her heart is calling her favourite Abhi back invain. Subhadra wailed beating her forehead.' Why did I allow you my son to participate in war? Where is your Mama? Where is your Pitasri? Uttara is shattered . Come back my son. " 

PS.. To all my readers this is my tribute with tears to my dearest Abhi,the apple of my Arjun's eye,Panchali's little kid,Subhadra's life. He died but he displayed such valour that is unparalleled. SIDT in Star Bharat ruined Abhi's Charecter by not showing his valour. Shame on him. Now again he is doing the same  in SPK.by demeaning Abhi and highlighting Karna's son Vrishasena who fled unable to bear Abhi's attack.I hope you all will realise the greatness of Abhi and salute his valour. 
shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@lakshmi...Great post and a well-written tribute by you to one of the great warrior of the mahabharata..Abhimanyu.

I do hope they give the needed screenpresence to Abhimanyu in the show and with some real script not fiction..

Afterall Abhimanyu was the brave son of the great Arjuna and at least  they respect his heroic courage..

Edited by saveeta24 - 8 years ago
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Its beautiful Lakshmi di! Amazingly written as always! And the last part is so touching!
Indeed abhi is one of the greatest warriors of the war!
ltelidevara thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramya06

Its beautiful Lakshmi di! Amazingly written as always! And the last part is so touching!
Indeed abhi is one of the greatest warriors of the war!

Thanks Ramya for taking time and reading this long post.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mindblowing tribute Lakshmi didi👏
Abhi is such a brave warrior who will remembered till end of time😃