Humsafar ( Arjuhi one shot)- completed

secretwriter19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi guys it's me again. I know you guys might be thinking she has not finished her stories yet and started a new topic. But can't help it. This thought has possessed my mind so strongly that I was not able to write anything else. So thought of penning it down. But you guys can relax because it's an os so no irritation from my late update. I am posting this story in two version. One is Arjuhi and another in Arshi because someone requested me to write something on Arshi also. So tell me what you think about this work. Will eagerly be waiting for your precious words. And yeah I have not decided the title yet.

Humsafar

Unlocking the door, he entered and slumped into the sofa throwing the office bag into the table in front. He covered his tired face with both his palm and travelled down the fingers from his temple to side of his face easing the knot of his forehead. He threw his back on the back rest and closed his eyes to seek some relaxation but as usual got nothing. Opening his eyes he moved towards the kitchen to grab some water. Closing the fridge door and gulping the water down his throat quenching his thirst he wondered when his thirst of longing will be quenched? He looked around the house and thought there was a time when this same place was so welcoming and warm. The only place which can provide him the much required solace but now it is just a building made up of concrete and bricks which can serve only one purpose ; providing shelter. But again that time it was HOME and not just a HOUSE. Never in his whole life till 6 months back he has understood the difference between a home and a house. But now he know the difference between home and house; and how absence or presence of just one person in any way physically or emotionally can make this difference.

Sighing he moved towards his room. Illuminating the dark room he wondered if he could illuminate his dark life too so easily by just pressing a switch but he know only one person can spread light and that one person is lying in front of him not interested a bit in lighting his world. He looked at his wife sleeping form longingly. He moved towards her and adjusted the blanket to cover her up. He has the feeling that she is awake. He wanted to kiss her forehead and wanted her to acknowledge his presence, his care, his love towards her. He wanted her to know that he was there and she will find him always there for her in any path of her life, standing just beside her to walk with her in every path she takes. He bend to kiss her forehead to assure her but stopped in the middle. Tearing his gaze from her he moved to change.

He looked at the window. The sky was star less and cool breeze was blowing indicating the arrival of rain. He heard the sound of tapping on the window and soon it turned into pitter- patter. He looked the drops of water falling from the sky and colliding with ground and making sound. Yes now it's just a sound for him he thought. Few months ago this drops of water were pearls falling from heaven as a blessing of god to us and gesture of thank you to our mother earth. Yes these are her words and he was in agreement with her. And these sounds were musical chime for him when mixed with her laughter and jingling sound of her anklet. But now... He turn his head to look at her and remembered how much she loved rain. She used to run in the balcony to engulf those pearls and embrace them in herself as much as she can. And he love to see her like that. At that time he had to drag her to the room to stop her so that it doesn't affect her health. But now he want her to run again in this rain and dance freely like she used to and soothe his ear and heart by her melodious laughter. But now everything is different. But he will not take this crap anymore. He will not sit and watch her going away from him. Not now not anymore. He Arjun Punj will do anything even sacrifice himself to get his life Arohi Arjun Punj back, to get her laughter back. Yes she is and will always be his life, his love and his world; his everything.

He looked at pouring droplets of water. He wondered how many ups and downs his life has taken in just these 8 months. He is a middle class man working for an IT firm as a software engineer. 8 months ago his life was all boring and predictable. Same 9 to 5 job. Same route to the office and back to the house and vice versa. Same loneliness welcomed him everyday when he entered this house followed by same boring tasteless food made by the maid. And then the miracle happened in the form of this girl and everything turned around 360 degrees. Though the job and the route were same but a different kind of energy added. And the source of energy is her smile. Her smile in the morning kept me going whole day and her smile or just her presence treated the tiredness of the whole day. This same house was transformed into home. A home which was adored by her heart soothing laughter and her non-stop chatter. One of the best gift given by parents to me in form of her. My boring and predictable life became interesting and unpredictable. I couldn't help myself from falling for her. And who would not fall in love with such an amazing girl. Everything was going amazing and then 6 months ago it happened and took my everything, throwing me back to the dreadful life. They were returning from market. He went to buy something and she was waiting outside the shop when she saw a car loosing it's control and was about to hit a child. She ran to save the child. He saw her running and ran after her to stop her, to save her but before he could reach her, the car hit them. The child was safe but she was hit by the car. His eyes welled up remembering her body clad in blood. He held her in his arm and try to wake her up. He begged her to open her eyes. Never in his life he had cried but that day he cried, he cried hysterically holding her convincing her to talk to him, assure him that she is fine, everything will be fine. Her head was banged on the road sending her in coma. She was in coma for 1 month. That one month was like hell for him. Neither he could sleep nor eat. He was a lifeless body who was breathing, only symptom that he is alive. After almost taking his life she finally opened her relieving him. That day he felt like he got everything. But as if his fate was playing games with him. The doctor announced that in the accident her spinal cord was injured and she can't walk. Though the injury in the spinal cord was not severe but nerves were affected. But the good thing is that there was sensation in her legs which indicate the slight scope that she could walk but nothing could be said at that point of time. That tore him apart but he was happy that at least she is with him. He knew it's not easy but they will cope up with this together. But what he don't know that he has to deal with people along with. People who are always ready to poke their nose in other's matter. Some showed their pity for her. Some showed their pity for him. Some blamed her that she herself was responsible for her condition. Are they out of their mind. Not all are selfish like them. At least some are there who are still human unlike them. And they used to say all this in front of her making her feel more low. Can't they see that she already is going through physical and mental trauma. Can't they see that we neither want their sympathy nor their verdict or advices. They are just worsening the situation. Doctor has already mentioned that she is physiologically affected as much as physically. And why wouldn't she, the girl who used to run in the house like a kid, who willingly help other even if not required is dependable on others even for her small chores. The girl who couldn't sit idle was constrained to bed. She was trying hard to cope up with the situation, and these people come and just in few minutes washed all her efforts by their words. I don't know why even after being told that no one is allowed in her room why my parents allowed them to meet her. But again they couldn't just shoo them from lame excuses. And to worsen the situation if it already was not. One day my parents asked me to move on. I was shocked. How could they even ask something like that. It has been just 6 months dammit and they want me to move on. Leave her like this.

Till when you will live like that. You have some need and so we have. I know whatever happened is very terrible and damnably unlucky but you cannot live like that whole life. You have to move on some day or other. Look I might sound selfish but I just want your happiness. Maybe now you're not understanding but later you will. These were the exact word of my mother. I was surprised. Was not she the one who taught me the value of relations. Was not she the one who told me that from now onwards Arohi is my responsibility on the day of my marriage. Was not she the one who told me that companions stay together as a support of each other in ups and downs of life. Then why is she the one asking me to forget all those teachings values and morals. Were her teachings just for the favourable conditions not for the unfavourable. Will she suggest the same to his son-in-law if her daughter was in the same place where Arohi was now? I confronted them. They were guilty for acting selfish. I didn't blame them it's the situation which was making them act so. I thought I had handle the situation but again fate has its own way. She has heard the conversation. When I came into our room. I saw her staring at the sky unblinkingly. I covered her with the blanket and was about to move when she held my hand. I sat near her and she asked me to remarry. I wasn't able to believe that my world can collapse two times in a single day. I couldn't digest the fact that she said this. Did she understood him that much only. Again when his own parents could not understand him how could she in 8 months.

You don't have to suffer along with me. You and family have needs which I cannot fulfil. Moreover I don't want your pity.

Does she really think that I am pitying her. But he couldn't blame her it's the situation which makes her think like that. And she was talking about my and family needs what about her own needs. Would she had left me if I were in her position. No. Then why she wants me to leave her. Hell why everyone wants me to leave her. Aren't the two peoples who took vows of marriage to always be on each other sides. Then why it is always expected from the girl to keep and fulfil those promises and we men are given privilege that we can forget those vows and move on. If I would have been at her place and if she would have left and moved on then everybody would have pounced on her saying she is selfish, she is not a dutiful wife. But nobody would utter a word if I would move on now. Even people will show sympathy towards me. Why this indifference. Are we not two similar wheels of cart of life. Then why everyone is hell bent on making me helpless when I am everything but helpless including her. I tried to take away her insecurities but the damage was already done. From that day onwards she thought herself to be a burden on everyone. She distanced herself from everything. Didn't talk to anyone. Just confined in the bedroom. Many times I tried to talk to her but failed. She thought by behaving this way she will convince me to go away from her but what she don't know that going away from her means going away from my life and I love my life too much that I couldn't let it go. Time is the biggest healer. But in his case it's not true. With time he is loosing her and he will not let that happen anymore. Her recent reports didn't show any improvement. Doctor said that it's not good news and if it continues it will kill the slight chance of her walking again. He said it's something psychological. He don't know why she is doing this. But now he will not take her crap anymore.

He came out of his thought. The rain has stopped giving everything a new energy including him. He got up and went towards the bed to make sure she was fine before retiring for the day. He looked at her and this time he didn't stop himself from kissing her forehead. He turned around to move when he heard her calling him. So he was right that she was awake. He came towards her and sat beside her.

Arjun pls don't do this. Don't make yourself suffer along with me. Stop waiting for me just move on. It has been 6 months.

He looked at her dejected face.
Yes you're right. I am suffering.

She looked at him hurt. But she covered it thinking finally he is accepting and now he will move on. But the thought pricked her. Her love will be gone. Yes she was in love with him. He was the person any girl would want as a life partner. Though he was man of few words but his actions compensate his lack of words. So she was not an alien to not fall in love with such person but before she could confess fate played it's role. She don't want him to suffer. She want him to move on and have every happiness of married life, have his own small family. And this can only be possible if he let her go. It will be hard for her but she loves him too much to let him go.

Yes I am suffering not because of your illness but because of you. The person I love so much is hurting me the most by distancing herself from me. By blackmailing to do something which I can never think of doing even in my worst dream. You're right it has been 6 months and 8 months of our marriage. That's it. You don't want to live with me anymore. Let me remind you that you have vowed to live with me for 7 lives. And I am very stubborn when it comes to thing which belong to me. So you want or not you have to live with for the rest of your and if possible then other 6 lives also. I am not letting you go.

She was stunned to hear all that. He loves me.
You love me?

He didn't say anything.

You don't love me Arjun. It's not love. It's sympathy. You're a very good person Arjun but please don't shed yourself for me.she said with the lump in her throat controlling the tear which were about to fall.

He was stunned to hear that. Even pouring my heart out this girl still thinks I am sympathizing with her.
He put his head in her lap and wound her hand around her waist.
Pls Arohi. I beg you don't do this to me. Don't do this to us. I want you to believe me. I am not sympathizing with you. I really love you. You're the best thing ever happened to me. Pls don't distance yourself from me. It hurts. I want my Arohi back who lighted my gloomy world. I want that laughter, that chirpiness, that naughtiness back with which I fell in love. I want my Arohi back. And I can't do this alone. I need you.he said crying.

She could not control her tears anymore. It hurt to see him like that. Something pricked her heart sensing his tears.
But Arjun...

He shushed her putting his finger on her lips.She removed his finger from her lips.

But Arjun. If I will never be able to walk again.

Just trust me Arohi and be with me. I want you beside me and nothing else. And when I say nothing it means nothing. And these word are not just for saying. I said it because I mean it. I just want you with or without legs.he said sternly conveying his feelings.

She hugged him and confessed her love for him. If he just wants me then i will give him what he want. A little bit of selfishness is allowed.

Arjun I want to get drenched.

He looked at her. She was back. Her smile was back. Now he know that they will make it because this time she is with him. He is not alone anymore. If she is with him he can conquer anything.

As you wish Mrs. Arohi Arjun Punjhe replied looking at the rain which has again started to bless them.

He picked her up in his arms.

Arjun what are you doing.

What you only said you want to get drenched.

Yes but put me down on wheelchair.

NO
Saying that he moved towards the balcony to complete her wish or may be to complete his wish. She stared at his face. The smile which was missing from his face from 6 months was back. She didn't know that his happiness lies within her and not away from her. She continued staring at him. When he noticed and asked her what she is looking at. She nodded nothing and lifted her face towards the sky but again looked at his face and placed her lips on his. He was taken aback. She kissed him pouring her heart that she will never leave him. Not now not in future. He also kissed her promising her that he will love her and be with her whatever be the circumstances.

P.S :- Firstly I am sorry for late update. As my semester is going to end. I am loaded with lot of assignment and projects so can't help it.

I don't know whether I did justice with the story or not. But thank you guys for your support. You guys always encourage me. Sometimes I think do I deserve your encouragement or not. But again a little bit of selfishness is acceptable. And one more thing if by any chance I have hurt someone's unintentionally then I am extremely sorry.
Do comment guys. Waiting for your precious word. Criticism is also welcome.
And yeah I have added the title. Edited by secretwriter19 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sasir thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Loved it..
Interesting
Arjuhi_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Woah!!! Great Start !!

Whats wrong with Arohi ?? 😕
I hope she is fine :((

I know my Arjun will b successful in his Mission!!!

please Complete it ASAP !!! 😃
Superb update n nice concept...will be waiting for full OS...
cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
interesting OS
what happened to arohi? 😕
continue plz
pinky.padda thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow
amazing start
cannot wait
superb
sutapabanerjee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A nice heartfelt intriguing part.
secretwriter19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sasir

Loved it..
Interesting

Thank you.
Waiting for your comments on story further. 😊
secretwriter19 thumbnail
Thank you.
secretwriter19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arjuhi_kk

Woah!!! Great Start !!

Whats wrong with Arohi ?? 😕
I hope she is fine :((

I know my Arjun will b successful in his Mission!!!

please Complete it ASAP !!! 😃

Thank you for your precious words. Always on Arjun side. That's unfair. But again I cannot forget that you are a true Arjun deewani.