Knowledge not used is rejection of knowledge -Bharath

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Today Bharath told a pearl of wisdom that if the knowledge he has gained is not used correctly then he is rejecting that knowledge.
In Bharat I saw a mature young man today. The one who has emerged from the shadow of his brother. The one through his penance has attained a certain level of maturity and understanding, who have understood that he has gained knowledge. He needs to use it wisely. So living like a rishi he tries to use his knowledge for the benefit of the people. We saw a calm Bharath. He was no longer feeling guilty. The penance has cleared his mind, his thoughts.

And we also need to understand it. Share the knowledge we have in the right way. Only if we share more knowledge will come our way. What is the point in knowing the theory if you cant apply it. What is the point in telling I have read Ramayana and Mahabharatha if you cant apply the learnings in your life. What is the point in getting the topper tag in school, college or competitive exams if you cannot manage the problems in life with that learnings.

Yesterday I was discussing with Jayashree about the rot in the education system. Today Bharath dialogue made it more poignant. We are creating a generation who cannot on their own search Google Matha and find a solution. When I had joined IT we used to search, try all methods of solving a problem before we approach the team lead, or even we will do it the way we know and maybe our team lead will correct it. It was not just about me, but most of my batch mates were like that. But look today. We have to tell youngsters what to search in Google Matha, what to write in excel. And they will exactly parrot that. Where is knowledge. Where is quest. Where is application.
By getting marks easily, not struggling for anything from the education institutes zombies are coming out in large chunks who struggle with the problems of life. It's time we go back to basics about knowledge sharing and knowledge application.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very very true and relevant message for the times!
 Education system does need a a big change . 
Presently , I have heard a lot about how serious the ministry is  to bring about the necessary change . Suggestions from different sections of the people like - parents ,teachers , students in different sections of society covering vast areas including backward  or remote districts are obtained . 
There are video conferencing sessions that are uploaded in the ministry site too.
There seems a lot of genuine effort and recognition that we can sense in these exercises .
So, maybe there would be  some change in the kind of education and its applications  sometime soon.

Hoping for that wonderful time to dawn as quickly as possible !

shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes vipraja attempt to answer question is not answering the question. It was said that in an objective format for the question what is the capital of India, if a child writes New Delhi the child will get 1 mark and if the child write any other answer the child will get half mark because the child attempted to answer
If that is the case why the child should strive to understand New Delhi is the capital of India. As I said I go to schools as part of CSR in my org. The GK knowledge of our students in 8th and 9th less said the better. I asked them the differenc between 15 -Aug and 26-Jan. No one knows. Finally with clues someone came as much it is connected to some book. No one could tell constitution and that is English medium class 🤢
vipraja26 thumbnail
 I Understand the point Shruthi !
For sure, the crisis of lack of real knowledge is acute and needs to be addressed urgently .

It is also because of a generation of teachers who have come in to the profession merely to make a living out of being a teacher and not living as one in the spirit. This also has a lot of teachers who have been forced to take up the job as a last choice which again has resulted in many making it just a job where they do the minimum formalities of teaching or rather trying to do so weather or not the child has received and assimilated the intended knowledge.
Over and above , as you did mention the system of exams , markings etc have added up to the menace of producing students with excellent numbers on the sheet of paper but hardly any knowledge .
Sad realities glare at us hard !
Earlier, we did have many functions at school during which a lot national inter gratin songs etc were part of them . These created some awareness among students but I guess with the current times all this too is going down . Anything to do with patriotism etc is not deliverd to the students with the right attitude and so goes on the story of today...
Dedication towards one's job would make a big difference and that's what is missing now   Badly !
Money and fame ( by any means ) is what is sought out these days and are even encouraged from student times which  ends up  in Gaining knowledge to be the last priority ( or maybe, do without !)

As we often discuss here, it is the whole system which needs to be revamped with the power of right knowledge which in turn will result in forming the right kind of society .

Edited by vipraja26 - 8 years ago
Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great take shruti and vipraja...the degrading level of knowledge and faults in our education system...everything needs to changed ...currently I m doing B.Sc medical ...during the parctical time ...we prefer to take pic of specimens, slides, etc ... or even in theory class of charts or take presentation copy from teachers ...to use it as reference latter during preparation and focus on what is teachers telling in class ...
our zoology lectures cope up with us and guide us to took which pic or video and what not...whereas the botany lectures are totally against this concept ...they ask us to remember just by observing in class and make their rough /fair diagram ...
I agree being a medical student we need to memorize various diagrams ...
but one should learn to accept the profit of technology and incorporate it in life and education ...then wholly discarding it and follow traditional method ...
(sharing my personal experience only, not meant to offend any teacher and their method, in any way)Edited by Rex_Ryan - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Rex I understand your point. Sadly many teachers are not equipped to understand technology or its benefits. Many are not willing to upgrade to the new ways of teaching. Yes memorizing is important. But if something can aid in better understanding why not use it.

And visuals they definitely help. I had struggled in Graphics class during my B-Tech till I got a prism in hand. I couldn't imagine the 3D images which the lecturer was telling and flunked the first series also. But the moment that prism came into hand, I could understand Graphics like the back of the hand. From 25 for first series to 85 for second series I would say I astonished myself. If only my lecturer had bought some visual mediums.
It is like this is the only way to study for some, not whether there is an alternate method to teach the concept.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Nice topic. There is a saying in Tamil that if a person don't teach what he/she know to others than the person will take a birth of snake which can't get the food.
Yes, we have to utilize our knowledge by all means. One more, Avvaiyar words "kalavum katru mara" means learn even to steal but forget it.
Most of the current generation needs spoon feeding. They are not willing to learn but focused in securing marks. Mere numbers are not the life lesson. For the past 2 weeks, I had a severe headache with my project student. Less said the better.
Coming to SKR, still they focus on Ayodhya which is really a good sign. I don't know but somewhat liked hanuman in yesterday's episode than the previous episodes. Will try to dedicate a post for my hanuman soon😉

vipraja26 thumbnail
Quite understand the issue @Rex and Shruthi.
While there some teachers who adapt and use technology to improve their mission ,others battle to resist it !
If there is a will to connect with the students then this barrier would be easily overcome !