Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

binduprasad41 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="4">Baby Sarasa sends this photo ..</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="4">"Lashy akka, do I look like Heera?"</font>

Image result for 2 cute little indian kids dressed in suth indian style

πŸ‘
wow so beautiful
melovesja thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

My dearest Saraswathi Akka and all the Kutties, Kannas, Chellams and the one only Begum,  plus of course the cynosure of all their eyes, Master JalalπŸ˜‰, 

Here is wishing all of you a wonderful Ganesh Chaturthi, and all possible  blessings from the
Vignaharta  during the year ahead. Especially the best of health.
Happy Ganesh chaturthi πŸ˜Š Di
Wish you a good health too. 
We have a Ganapathi  sthapana in the lobby of our building here, and we have a daily  evening aarti and bhajans, plus the distribution of prasad by one or more families after the aarti.  The eco-friendly Ganapati made of clay will  not pollute the river during the visarjan. The kids in the building make the most fabulous new rangolis every day. It is all great fun.
Full festive mood. πŸ‘
As for us at home, we have 21 different Ganeshas of all shapes and sizes, sitting, standing, dancing, in wood, stone, crystal, marble, glass, clay, ivory, from 2 cms tall to 14" tall. 
Wow  beautiful .

We shall have a small pooja for all of them this evening. I am still trying to make up my mind whether I should risk trying my hand at making the vella kozhukattai (sweet modak)  and the ven kozhukattai. (salty modak). 
I never Hurd about salty modak now I will find out.

Do you know, Akka, my nana  used to be the champion at making the cups for the vella kozhukattai ?  And he was then the Diwan of the princely State of  Pudukkottai, near Trichy!
Nice to hear.

I am just going down for the installation, so bye for now, and a big, big, πŸ€— to all of you, and especially to my one and only Akka!

Shyamala/Aunty/Periyamma

karkuzhali thumbnail

Photo Album of Master Jalal.

1.Master Jalal with the tiger cub Mohan Billu, Photo was taken when he was just 8 months..

Image result for picture of 4 little girls and 1 little boy sitting and talking                                                                   

2. Mohan as a cub..

3.Master Jalal with one of his begums...

4.Master Jalal with Babloo  ( Babloo is on the right)...

5. Master Jalal with his sister  Bakshi Bhanu.

6. Back to school..   Master Jalal with Sands Begum ...

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very cute Akka,  and most imaginative and clever.πŸ‘

But I see that Master Jalal is insidiously ousting my little Babloo,and Baby as well, from this thread.

I herewith lodge a formal protest against this kind of usurpation of this thread. It might well be dedicated to the  Akdha Admirers Association (that Akdha are now past their expiry date is another matter!πŸ˜‰). but it is by definition meant for the grown up Jalal uncle and Jodha Akka, not these kiddie versions!

I WANT MY BABY AND BABLOO BACK!!! Full on front and centre, and not in some kind of sidey role next to Master Jalal!πŸ˜‰

Shyamala

Photo Album of Master Jalal.

1.Master Jalal with the tiger cub Mohan Billu, Photo was taken when he was just 8 months..

2. Mohan as a cub..

3.Master Jalal with one of his begums...

4.Master Jalal with Babloo  ( Babloo is on the right)...

5. Master Jalal with his sister  Bakshi Bhanu.

6. Back to school..   Master Jalal with Sands Begum ...

Edited by sashashyam - 7 years ago
karkuzhali thumbnail

" I plead guilty!"

Akka.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Akka dear,

Since today is not just Ganesh Chaturthi  but also Teacher's Day, being the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, one of the greatest philosopher-statesmen India has ever known, I thought you, and even more so the younger lot here, might be interested in the following:

In the Indian tradition, the guru ranks even above God, for it is he who teaches you to know and understand God. The sloka goes like this:

Gurur Brahma, gurur Vishnuhu, gurur devo Maheshwaraha,
Gurur sakshat Parambrahmaha,
Tasmey shri gurave namaha

The guru is Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara all in one (for the guru creates and preserves your mind and your spirit, and destroys all that is wrong in your mind, as Mahadev  does for the universe). The guru is the embodiment of the Parabrahman, the Supreme Reality, and so I bow down before the guru.

It is another matter that not many teachers these days live up to this elevated image, but still there are some such.
As for Dr. Radhakrishnan, he was, for all his great learning, also impishly humorous at times. Someone once asked him to differentiate capitalism from communism. His response:

In capitalism, man exploits man. In communism, it is the reverse!πŸ˜‰

Shyamala

binduprasad41 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Akka dear,

Since today is not just Ganesh Chaturthi but also Teacher's Day, being the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, one of the greatest philosopher-statesmen India has ever known, I thought you, and even more so the younger lot here, might be interested in the following:
</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">
In the Indian tradition, the guru ranks even above God, for it is he who
teaches you to know and understand God. The sloka goes like this:

Gurur Brahma, gurur Vishnuhu, gurur devo Maheshwaraha,

Gurur sakshat Parambrahmaha,

Tasmey shri gurave namaha

The guru is Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara all in one (for the guru creates and
preserves your mind and your spirit, and destroys all that is wrong in your
mind, as Mahadev does for the universe). The guru is the embodiment of
the Parabrahman, the Supreme Reality, and so I bow down before the guru.
</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">It is another matter that not many teachers these days live up to this elevated image, but still there are some such.

As for Dr. Radhakrishnan, he was, for all his great learning, also impishly
humorous at times. Someone once asked him to differentiate capitalism from
communism. His response:

In capitalism, man exploits man. In communism, it is the reverse!πŸ˜‰
</font>

<font size="4"><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Shyamala</font></font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4"><i></i></font>

thank you aunty
for sharing this great post
binduprasad41 thumbnail

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="4"> Photo Album of Master Jalal.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3">1.Master Jalal with the tiger cub Mohan Billu, Photo was taken when he was just 8 months..</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3">2. Mohan as a cub..</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3">3.Master Jalal with one of his begums...</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="4">4.Master Jalal with Babloo ( Babloo is on the right)...</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3">5. Master Jalal with his sister Bakshi Bhanu.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3"> </font>Image result for picture of 4 little girls and 1 little boy sitting and talking

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="3">6. Back to school.. Master Jalal with Sands Begum ...</font>

</div><div>

beautiful album aunty
master jalal achieve lot in just 8 months
Edited by binduprasad41 - 7 years ago
karkuzhali thumbnail

My very dear Shyamala,

They don't celebrate  Teachers' Day  here in Australia.. neither today nor on any other day. They don't even sell cards wishing the teacher community and I don't know the reason..
By the way, there is a Carnatic song in Tamil by the famous Oothukkadu Venkata Kavi, in the raga Rithigowla, which is in praise of the Guru.

"Enna PuNNiyam Seitheno Sathgurunatha
O my teacher, what virtuos deed  did I do,
Ethanai thavam seitheno ninnaruL peravE
What penance did I do to have your grace on me?

Pannarum VedangaL padithu uNarndalum  
Eventhough I have learnt and understood the vedas (and other scriptures)
 UnnaruL illavittal onrukkum udavathe
It will be useless without your  grace (and patronage)

Vadiya payirukku peyyum Mazhayaippole
(You are) Just as the welcoming rain for the withering crop
Valar mullaikkodokkoru kozhu kidaithaarpole
(And)Like a supporting beam for a jasmine creeper
Thediyum kaaNatha draviyame sadguru deva deva
O my great guru, your are a treasure that is hard to find

Shyamala, the translation is done with my limited vocabulary. Perhaps some one can do it better!

You can listen to this song in YT. So many artistes have sung it.

Yours
Akka.

Edited by karkuzhali - 7 years ago
Durgeshnandini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shyamala Aunty! 
Accept all my heartfelt wishes of this Teachers' Day! 
Most of the teachers of present times are totally unaware of the immense responsibility that a teacher has... apart from all the meaningful lines that you've explained with erudition and elan, a teacher trains the society of tomorrow... and it's a pity we barely come across a teacher, a man like Dr. Radha Krishnan these days!

@Saraswathi Aunty, 
This Jalal kutty is very olebabale-ing, no doubt, but I would prefer our... knight in shining armour, Shahenshah Jalal in place of this blonde kid, anytime πŸ˜³
And my Babloo shona, with her Baby'kka is something else altogether πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†