Posted: 8 years ago
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
bokul thumbnail

Grading film as heavy on VFX as Fan' challenging: Ken Metzker

Shah Rukh Khan's latest offering "Fan" is receiving critical acclaim and Ken Metzker, who worked on the final look of the film, feels it was a challenging experience.

By: PTI | Mumbai | Published:April 17, 2016 4:56 pm
Fan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ken Metzker, Fan cast, Fan movie, Shah Rukh Khan movies, Shah Rukh Khan upcoming movies, Ken Metzker news, Shah Rukh Khan news, Shah Rukh Khan latest news, Entertainment news Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's latest offering "Fan" is receiving critical acclaim and Ken Metzker, who worked on the final look of the film, feels it was a challenging experience.

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's latest offering "Fan" is receiving critical acclaim and Ken Metzker, who worked on the final look of the film, feels it was a challenging experience.

Directed by Maneesh Sharma, "Fan" features Shah Rukh in a double-role as both an obsessive fan Gaurav' and the object of his obsession, superstar Aryan Khanna'.

Metzker, who works as a colourist with Prime Focus company, found it tough to work on the character of Gaurav' as the actor's face was digitally restructured through VFX to make him look younger.

He associated with cinematographer of "Fan", Manu Anand, to ensure a realistic grade (colour) for both the live action and the VFX elements in the images.

"Working with Manu (Anand) was a truly enriching experience... Grading a movie as heavy on VFX as Fan' is always a challenge and we worked closely together to ensure that the overall look of the movie was consistent with the director's vision for the film," Metzker said in a statement.

"We are all extremely thrilled about the final film and I look forward to working with Manu again soon," he added.

Prime Focus began work on Fan' in November 2014 when 20-30 shots of the film were tested, and the final look of Gaurav' was locked in.

Over 500 hundred hours were spent grading the VFX plates and fine-tuning the colour of the movie which released last Friday.

Entertainment Videos by Indian Express

bokul thumbnail
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/photos/celeb-shah-rukh-khan/6-times-we-loved-shah-rukh-khan-for-his-anti-hero-roles/
bokul thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan Took a 'Heavenly Day Off.' This is What He Did

Press Trust of India   | April 18, 2016 11:56 IST (Mumbai)
inShare
Actor Shah Rukh has finally managed to take a day off from his busy schedule and spend time with his children.

Shah Rukh, 50, tweeted:

Shah Rukh's film Fan released on April 15. Directed by Maneesh Sharma, Fan casts Shah Rukh as superstar Aryan Khanna as well as his obsessed fan Gaurav.

Currently, Shah Rukh is busy filming Raees, which casts the actor as a liquor baron.

Set in the dry state of Gujarat, Rahul Dholakia's Raees traces SRK's character's journey from that of a bootlegger to a politician. The film also casts Nawazuddin Siddiqui as a police officer and Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, who will make her debut in Bollywood with the film.

Raees is expected to release on Eid this year.
bokul thumbnail
Pooja Dadlani @pooja_dadlani 6 Oct 2015

Look what I found @iamsrk ... Sorry but knowledge must always be shared

Shah Rukh Khan @iamsrk 1h1 hour ago

Shah Rukh Khan Retweeted Pooja Dadlani

Ha ha. It's a smokescreen baby.

bokul thumbnail
Sony MAX 2 @sonymax2movies 2h2 hours ago

The #MAX2TimelessAwardGoesTo @iamsrk for Best Versatile Actor! RT to congratulate him.

THE KINGs CLUB
and 7 others