Kalyug - TS - Part 3 on Pg 5

Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

This OS from Yug's perspective, written in first person!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I love you. I cannot marry Gauri. I am yours - Kaali's yug." I pleaded.

"No don't say that." Kaali replied sharply. "Kaali's Yug is Kalyug, the times of today, where morality has little place and the world is ruled by lust and greed." She paused and continued. "You have always represented Ramji for me. You represent the times of Ram, the time of truth and right and virtuous. You are Gauri's Yug".

Where does she come up with these thoughts and ideas?  Where did she find her moral compass in that house where no one has any humanity or morality? Why does she trust me so much? If she had any idea about the thoughts I have when I think about her - how I want to hold her, kiss her make her mine - she would be aghast. She might even hate me if she was capable of hate.

The wedding was fast approaching, just 24 hours to go,  and I could no longer deny the fact fast approaching that I had fallen in love with Kaali.  I closed my eyes and recalled the times we had spent together and things we had talked about especially on that stormy night in the jungle all alone. She was the best thing that happened to me - my childhood love and the love of my adulthood, my Sita. She was integrated into my psyche and part of every breath I took. Gauri may be the nicest person in this world but all I could see was the faults - her selfishness, her superstitious nature, and her tantrums.  She could not take Kaali's place in my heart or my life.

I called Kaali to the coffee shop near the temple to convince her one last time.

"I don't love Gauri and cannot give her the happiness she may deserve. I love you. Come with me. Please!" I asked her. This was the second time I was asking her to come with me.

"You are the nicest kindest person I know and will keep her very happy. You have to marry Gauri. She loves you."

"What about me? What about my love?" I asked as tears welled-up in my eyes.

Kaali lowered her eyes as if to compose herself. She said quietly "This marriage was never about you. It was about your sister. Please don't this to yourself. Gauri is a very nice person, she loves you and she will keep you very happy". Her voice started to break she completed her sentence.

"I know!! I know!! I remember that but it is also my life" I was getting angry with her.

"I have explained to you so many times that my job is to protect Tammy. I cannot take her place. I can not snatch anything from her." She was still calm and stubborn.

"You cannot protect anyone! God protects them" My voice was rising.

She looked around nervously and begged "Please don't make a scene. You are deliberately  misunderstanding me.  You know I am not talking about superstitions. I'm talking about protecting Gauri as a sister."

"You love me and you know it! You are hiding behind this sister thing! She doesn't even care for you" I banged my hands on the table, startling her.

She got up, picked up her bag, and said quietly "No I do not love you. You are my best friend and I want the best for you. I will see you tomorrow at the wedding" and with this she walked away from me. I knew she was lying about not loving me but there was nothing more to be done. I was beginning to accept my fate.

There was total commotion in the house and everybody was running around getting the stuff ready for the two weddings. I dressed in golden sherwani and sat pensively in front of the mirror. I dialed Kaali number to hear her voice one last time but she did not pick up. I tried again and  and again and again and still she did not pick up. She did not call back.

Sharmila burst into the room to show me her final look. She glowed in the traditional  red lehenga with minimal jewelry that a bride can get away with. She hated Neel originally but she had learned to like and respect him during their short courtship. May be I will learn to like Gauri too I wondered looking at Sharmila and her excitement.  However, I knew I was giving myself false hopes. I don't think I was even capable of giving Kaali's place in my heart to anyone even if I wanted to. I finished dressing up half-heartedly. We left for the marriage hall on time, at the right muhurat as per Daadi.

The marriage hall was decked up like a palace. I could see that Kaali's bade papa had spared no expense. Our wedding party was welcomed with full pomp and show and was directly taken to the wedding mandaps. Two mandaps were set up side by side - one for Sharmila and Neel and and one for Gauri and me.  The muhurat time was same for both the weddings.  The priest started chanting the mantras as soon as the grooms took their positions on the mandaps. My eyes searched for Kaali everywhere but she was nowhere to be seen.

Gauri came from the dressing room when the brides were called to the mandap. I immediately saw Kaali standing on the other side of Gauri as Gauri took her place next to me on the Mandap. Kaali was dressed in a simple black lehenga with silver lace. She did not wear any jewelry. She looked beautiful. I stared at her but she did not look at me. The ceremony continued uninterrupted and Gauri and I were married an hour later.

We came home after completing all the post marriage rituals at Gauri's home and yet there were more rituals to complete at my home. Everyone was exhausted. Gauri had started whining but I ignored her. I was in no mood to entertain her. She was going to learn quickly that I was not going to treat her like the most special person on the earth.

Manji Maa took Gauri to my room after completing the rituals for the night. The moment of dread had finally come and I had to go and face Gauri. I wondered if I should just tell her the truth about my love for Kaali or should I tell her that I want time to get to know her, as I dragged myself towards the room. All I knew was I could not even think about touching her. I had to find a way to stall her and this relationship from going any further.

I stood outside the room for a few seconds to gather myself. I stepped forward but before I could open the door, it swung open and Kaali walked out of the room. We stared at each other for a minute. She was fidgeting and I touched her arm to check if she was real or just my imagination.  She was real. She jumped back, startled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, puzzled. She hung her head and said barely in a whisper "I am Gauri's wedding gift from her papa." She did not look at me and went to towards Manji Maa's room. I stared at her retreating figure.

I slowly opened the door of my room and my lips began to twist in a bitter smile. Kaali was wrong. I was no Ram. I was a mortal being in Kalyug - a time ruled by greed and lust and free from bonds of morality.  I was not going to survive this temptation unscathed so might as well enjoy it. This was going to be interesting, very interesting!    

Part 2 - Kaali's Perspective

Edited by Katori - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveLoveLaugh96 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Woww
This was amazingg 👏👏

I loved it!!

It was really well written.

I suck at expressing myself 😆 
But yeah, u get the point. 

It was amazing. Please do write more! 😳
dhun.laagi thumbnail
Thanks a ton for this OS. 
Came online to commend your story.
Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 
Please keep gracing us with your presence on this forum.
Love your work, Madame!! 👏👏👏
benishchaudhary thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome OS loved it 👏
Keep writing please,  coz I love to read yug Kaali or yug Gauri Os, 😳

P.s: Waisay I can't imagine yug and Gauri shadi 🤔 😕 😳 in the show 😲, I just can't lol I am gone case😆😆
moonlight3094 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow nice work.. enjoyed it! :D

bit can't even imagine yug and gauri getting married hehe
Karaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLoveLaugh96

Woww

This was amazingg 👏👏

I loved it!!

It was really well written.

I suck at expressing myself 😆 
But yeah, u get the point. 

It was amazing. Please do write more! 😳

Thanks for encouraging me. I write technical professional manuals for a living. Just starting to dabble in fiction!😊
Karaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: RTme0w

Thanks a ton for this OS. 

Came online to commend your story.
Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 
Please keep gracing us with your presence on this forum.
Love your work, Madame!! 👏👏👏

Thanks! I was going to make this much darker but this doesn't forum does not know me as yet. 😆😆
Karaali thumbnail
Thanks for reading!
Karaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: benishchaudhary

Awesome OS loved it 👏

Keep writing please,  coz I love to read yug Kaali or yug Gauri Os, 😳

P.s: Waisay I can't imagine yug and Gauri shadi 🤔 😕 😳 in the show 😲, I just can't lol I am gone case😆😆

I can't imagine it either on the show but I had fun imagining Kaali coming in as a part of the dowry. 😆😆😆
Karaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonlight3094

wow nice work.. enjoyed it! :D

bit can't even imagine yug and gauri getting married hehe

You know that the marriages on these are TRP pullers. Kuch bhi ho sakta hai...😆😆