Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Pratyusha Banerjee death: Rahul Raj Singh's lawyer Neeraj Gupta backs

Emptyheart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Pratyusha Banerjee death: Rahul Raj Singh's lawyer Neeraj Gupta backs out of case

FP Staff Apr 6, 2016 14:45 IST

29 0  0 
AA

A day after the police booked Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh for abetting her suicide, the latter's lawyer Neeraj Gupta backed out of the case.

Gupta told news outlets that he had been forced to move away from the case after he realised he had been "kept in the dark" about certain facts by his client.

"My client and his family did not tell me all the facts about the case," Gupta said, adding that he had taken the decision to let go of the case on "humanitarian grounds".

"I came across some facts and (that's when) I decided to leave the case," Gupta said.

It was Gupta who had interacted with the media after Rahul was hospitalised, two days after Pratyusha's death. Rahul, who was being questioned by the police, had complained of breathing problems. Gupta told the press that his client was in the ICU and that his condition was "very fragile".

While colleagues from the TV industry had come forward with claims that Rahul had duped several women of their money under the pretext of producing films, and that his relationship with Pratyusha was of a violent, abusive nature, it was the Balika Vadhu actress' mother Soma Banerjee's statement to the police that finally led to Rahul being booked.

It is believed that Rahul will now apply for bail.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Emptyheart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Neeraj Gupta Rahul Raj's lawyer withdraw him from the case and said Rahul Raj is jhutha .
Pratyusha Death Mystery: Rahul Raj Singh's lawyer Neeraj Gupta backs out of case, says Rahul's family kept him in the dark
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
God this guy looks shady Why do girls fall for such guys?
awkardpyscho thumbnail
I didnt see that coming but people like him bring back the faith in humanity. Respect to him
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
This is unrelated to BW, members can discuss Pratyusha's suicide and details about her case here:

Pratyusha Banerjee Commits Suicide - ALL DISCUSSIONS HERE ONLY

- IF Dev Team