It is better to die with your arrow than lose your trust- Bharath

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Sorry guys couldn't post yesterday and maybe for the next couple of days I will be having delayed posts only. Summer vacations have started and its a season of weddings and all other functions, and for most of these funda I get mandate to attend. Heavy sarees and hot sun are not exactly my choices but then it is how it is.Also with guests coming and going at home it has become really hectic to be frank.
Now coming to the post. Janak makes an interesting point to Mandavi. Allow Bharath to try. Don't stop him. And if you see the last part Bharath making an effort to set things right becomes important.

Because how can a man live his life with a feeling that his brother thinks him an enemy. His loving brother is willing to kill him. And if Bharath had not made the attempt that suspicion would have always lingered in Lakshman's mind. But Bharath willing to make the effort to make things right is actually gaining back the trust of his family, his brother and even the people of Ayodhya.

Yes he becomes the caretaker king for 14 years. But 14 years the praja obeys their king lovingly because they knew he tried. But Ram didn't come back and will come back only after 14 years. So for 14 years they have to accept Ram's mandate to listen to Bharath.

And for Bharath he cleanses his soul of all the guilt's he feels on being responsible albeit indirectly for the mess that has happened.

Yes Bharath took the hard path. How I liked yesterday Bharat was able to look straight at Lakshman and tell him to kill him. He could do that only because he knew a mistake has happened and was willing to accept the punishment for it.

For us also it is a remarkable lesson. If we know we have done a mistake make effort to correct it. Yes it will be difficult. But it is lot better than living a life of regret. It also helps in building confidence, building the relations with a new set of confidence. Because if you look now Bharat's journey of redemption forges the bond between brother in iron passing the test of fire. Ram leaving the throne for Bharat, and Bharat denouncing what is not rightfully his. It shows how much the love for each other is important to them. Power is not. They are bonded with the power of love.

Losing the trust of someone who cares for you is far worse than death. Make every attempt to gain that trust back. I still remember running back to my friend after knowing the mistake. It didn't matter I didn't directly do it. What mattered was I couldn't lose the friendship of 18 years. Everything was not the same, but it improved for better. 😃. So never hesitate to take that first step.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: As usual beautiful post. Your last line, "never hesitate to take that first step" 👏. But frankly speaking, I am not an initiator. Somewhat (maybe my ego 😆) I won't try for any compromise.
Losing friends just because of hesitation is something everyone might have come across. Nice e.g.

shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya yes I too have an ego. But then there are times when I have looked past the bitter experiences to the beautiful experiences and decided to give certain relations one more chance. Because we all make mistakes. And my friend she needed me. She needed me badly as she was going through a bad phase in life not able to get campus placement. Having rejected by 18 companies she had lost hope and what I gave her was that hope that she will get the job.
Imagine if I had not taken that step and if my friend had done something drastic. Will I be able to forgive myself this life for that and it would have remained " If only"
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Good. I feel its difficult to change some characteristics, maybe I am too old to try now😆
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Right topic for sharing thoughts on Shruti!
It definitely takes courage to  make amends ( especially when we feel in some way responsible for the breakup in relations ).
I agree we surely need to make an effort to correct it . Especially when it concerns relationships of either long standing ones or ones which are quite close , it is worth our try !
In this case , Bharat being already in a state of guilt though had not done any mistake himself, was probably feeling  better to face lakshman's arrow rather than his suspicion .
Normally this courage to face comes when one is not actually the offender but just caught in by circumstances and feels the pain as much !

It was a nice statement from Ram to Sita , "'his anger will vanish on facing the truth " wrt Lakshman .
Indeed. It was the love of the brothers for each other that wins at the end and not power !
Each willing to sacrifice for the other .
 Very rightly said that it was because of this effort of Barath to convince Ram  that restored his respect and love of the Praja of Ayodhya .
Also by becoming the care taker King , he set the standards for the same . 

shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes vipraja fear of failure makes people not take the first steps many times. And alas a lot is lost. In that way I loved Janak's message to Mandavi. Allow your husband to try.
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Yes vipraja fear of failure makes people not take the first steps many times. And alas a lot is lost. In that way I loved Janak's message to Mandavi. Allow your husband to try.

Absolutely ! Janak's wisdom as always !
Reminds us of another instance earlier too when he lets sita go to bring back the cows from forest !