Happy b'day Siddhant Karnick urf Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo!

BertieWooster thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

We have no clue when Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo's birthday is. It hasn't ever been celebrated on the show. So I guess it is fitting that we celebrate the birthday of the man who brought Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo to life as his too!

So, then Happy birthday Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo urf Siddhant Karnick!

I never knew an actor by the name Siddhant Karnick existed till before this show. Frankly, am not an avid soap watcher and so I guess that is excusable!

But yes, I had seen the Airtel ad and found the bearded actor playing the husband charming and impressive.

I did not start watching this show from Day 1. I recall catching a glimpse of Rajmata's scene somehow and frankly, her character intrigued me. The period backdrop and the exquisite detailing got me interested and so I started watching the show.

After a couple of episodes, I was hooked and I went on to the Zee site and watched all the back episodes too. There must have been about twenty of them and I watched them over two days.

The show was very well written, the production values were great and the casting and performances impressive to say the least!

And I found the bearded actor again, this time in the guise of Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo..!

Then I learnt his name was Siddhant Karnick!

I have great respect for theater actors and was thrilled to hear Siddhant was from the world of theater.

It shows and how!

His attention to detail, the physicality that he has brought to the character, the controlled expressions, the nuances that he has been able to lend to the character that seem to go beyond the script, all of it screams of his theater training!

So many wonderful memories and such joy Siddhant has brought to us in these last many months as Rana ji.

Yes, the character has had to go through its share of inconsistencies but that is the bane of Indian TV.

If, despite the inconsistent writing, Rana ji stands tall, I would say the credit goes entirely to the actor who has done such a wonderful job of living him on screen.

He's made me want to try and understand Rana ji better, look for reasons that seemingly explain any inconsistencies. I remember his diction was not the best to begin with but then I told myself that Rana ji went to Eton and then Oxford, so his not so perfect Hindi diction was not such a big deal!

Siddhant is a wonderful actor and I hope and pray projects that befit his talent keep coming his way and take him to such heights in his career as he deserves to scale.

Whatever he may go on to do though, I will always remember him fondly as Rana ji, the charming King of Amerkot. I was not born into the era of Kings and Queens but Siddhant has convinced me that if Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo, the King of Amerkot, had indeed existed, he would have looked and behaved exactly as Siddhant has portrayed him on screen!

Thank you and God bless, Siddhant Karnick urf Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo!

Edited by BertieWooster - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuhelidebbarma thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Good to see your post after a long time bertie!
Yes yes yes...Its Siddhant Karnick who had put life into RANAJI char..
Its really a blessing for us to see such a fine actor on screen..
Happy Birthday Siddhant!!!🥳
You deserve the best!!👍🏼
gennyM thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Beautifully written, Bertie, and Sums up everything I feel about Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo, the character Intrigued me from the start and continues to do so. 
And despite all the Flaws in writing, my love for the character has not decreased and I guess it has everything to do with the way Sid is portraying it.

Happy Birthday Ranaji, Urf Siddhant Karnik, U Came,U Enacted and U Conquered.

Survival thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Beautifully written Bertie,

Yes if at some point Ranaji impressed then the credit goes mainly to Siddhant, his mannerism, style and charisma all made us believe he is a king. Won't talk much about inconsistencies in the character which are due to writing mainly otherwise the character was impressive when  show first started, obviously people should have a broad mind to understand and read behind the lines, human psychology is very complicated and this is how I approach his character nowadays as you said it helps us overlook the inconsistencies though some were still unbelievable and defying our common sense. But overall I appreciate his acting, he got the opportunity to play a lot of complicated things, he portrayed many emotions and it's nice to see talent displayed.

May he get a happy life ahead and a successful career with good projects and may his talent get recognized and get even more polished with each passing day InchaALLAH.

Edited by arshisfan - 8 years ago
BertieWooster thumbnail

Originally posted by: kuhelidebbarma

Good to see your post after a long time bertie!

Yes yes yes...Its Siddhant Karnick who had put life into RANAJI char..
Its really a blessing for us to see such a fine actor on screen..
Happy Birthday Siddhant!!!🥳
You deserve the best!!👍🏼

Thank you Richie!

Yes, Siddhant has indeed brought life to Rana ji on our TV screens!
BertieWooster thumbnail

Originally posted by: gennyM

Beautifully written, Bertie, and Sums up everything I feel about Rana Indravadhan Singh Deo, the character Intrigued me from the start and continues to do so. 

And despite all the Flaws in writing, my love for the character has not decreased and I guess it has everything to do with the way Sid is portraying it.

Happy Birthday Ranaji, Urf Siddhant Karnik, U Came,U Enacted and U Conquered.

Thanks Genny

You have modified Caesar's quote rather aptly to suit Siddhant urf Rana ji to a T.

I guess he is way too modest to actually say "Veni Vidi Vici" 😆

BertieWooster thumbnail
Thanks Naj...yes, we won't discuss the writers here. This is purely about the talent of a man who has often compelled us to look beyond, analyze and even justify to ourselves. An effort that you don't feel compelled to make for too many characters or actors.

Thanks for that image of our dashing Rana ji!

God bless Siddhant and may he get the opportunities to hone his skills in many more challenging roles in the time to come and shine as one of the brightest stars in the firmament!

Originally posted by: arshisfan

Beautifully written Bertie,

Yes if at some point Ranaji impressed then the credit goes mainly to Siddhant, his mannerism, style and charisma all made us believe he is a king. Won't talk much about inconsistencies in the character which are due to writing mainly otherwise the character was impressive when  show first started, obviously people should have a broad mind to understand and read behind the lines, human psychology is very complicated and this is how I approach his character nowadays as you said it helps us overlook the inconsistencies though some were still unbelievable and defying our common sense. But overall I appreciate his acting, he got the opportunity to play a lot of complicated things, he portrayed many emotions and it's nice to see talent displayed.

May he get a happy life ahead and a successful career with good projects and may his talent get recognized and get even more polished by each passing day InchaALLAH.

ananya2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Berts you have summed up what i feel too, you have echoed my feelings too, he is the bestest Ranaji i would have asked for, you saw him for the first time in ETR2 and i have seen his all previous shows Mahi Way, Rishta.Com, then in episodics of Savdhan India, Meri Aashiqui, Gustakh Dil in bits here and there but must admit never noticed him before, started watching ETR2 for Drashti Dhami coz i am her die hard fan and shall remain one forever but Siddhant just blew me away with his phenomenal acting as Ranaji, his poise, his gait, his personality, his charm is something which can't be ignored and now i am truly in love with him.  I fall short of words when it comes to describe Siddhant, he is PERFECT, a thorough gentleman.
kuhelidebbarma thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Hey guys!
Did anyone see sid's new IV in BL???It was really nice!
sishtyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi bertie !! 😊
was missing u nd ur posts nd as always its awesome 👏 u have summed it up all !!
Siddhant has really raised the standards of acting which i think will be quite difficult for other young actors to match up to!!he is fabulous as ranaji!!
Happy birthday to Siddhant !!