Namik Paul - From Journalism to Acting.

Priya. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Copy pasting an interview .Link provided below.

Namik Paul: I ended up in ICU twice because of my hectic schedule

Tell us about your journey from journalism to acting.

After finishing my college in US, I went to Delhi and joined NDTV. I was trained to be a reporter but I couldn't handle the hectic pace of the job. I ended up in the ICU twice due to the crazy schedule. More importantly, I was under the impression that once I join a news channel, I will be on television within 5-6 months. But then reality hit me. I was told that I would graduate to appearing on TV only after 3-4 years. I couldn't wait that long.

Is that when you switched gears to acting?

I started pursuing modelling and also did theatre in Delhi. People would see my work and advise me to go to Mumbai to pursue acting. That's how I landed up in this city 2 years ago.

How difficult was it to get a foothold in the industry?

People think it's easy in the glamour world but bahut mehnat karni padti hai. Auditions, acting classes, working out to stay fit...many things are involved. And a lot depends on luck too. There are some who don't have any acting experience but bag a film in no time, while there are others who have theatre experience of many years but are still struggling for a break.

How did you bag Ek Duje Ke Vaaste?

Auditions, auditions and some more auditions. You have no idea how many auditions I had to go through before being finalized for this role.

With only a few days to go before your show goes on air, you must be excited...

I have been so busy and tired with the shoot for the past 2 weeks that I haven't been able to think much. I remember, at the launch of the show, I was standing on the stage and could hear my heart beating hard. Honestly speaking, I couldn't have asked for a better launch.

Moving on to your personal life, are you seeing somebody?

I am single and happy. I have had a few girlfriends and after each relationship ended, I found it very difficult to move on. Lot of rona-dhona was involved. My parents used to come and console me.

What are the qualities you look for in your girl?

I want someone who is very independent and she should be career-oriented. Above all, she has to be someone who I can be myself with.

What are the 3 things you want the audience to know about you?

At 6'4'', I am extremely tall (laughs). Unlike my character Shravan (in Ek Duje Ke Vaaste), who is uptight, I am very laidback and relaxed in real life. Lastly, I am short-tempered - my temper flares up quickly but I also calm down in no time.

Link :

http://www.spotboye.com/bollywood/watchout-for/namik-paul-i-ended-up-in-icu-twice-because-of-my-hectic-schedule/56d1901fcf9131435cf98190

Edited by Priya. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Preeran345 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing :-)
From the interview it seems Namik is a real hardworking Down to earth person who respects women :-)
crystaltwirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
He is my kinda guy. And guys I am calling dibs on him. He is only mine. 😆
Remember girls only mine. You guys took away my Mrs.Cumberbatch title, so he is only mine! 
Dexterity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing ! 
girlTalks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ohhh myy!!!6.4 😲
Thanks
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2