Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Very interesting discussion going on. Yes now after 3 episodes we understand that Neha's sense of resentment is totally justified. She's the way she's because of her lost childhood. It has broken her scarred her psychologically and as her brother said ".. made her hate her own life.. "
She a study in poor self estimation being a drop out. I think her mother is totally responsible for this. Instead of trying to marry her off she should think about Neha completing her studies and having a career of her own. That'd automatically do a lot to uplift her mental condition and make her love her life. Marriage should come only after this. 
It's outright shocking how she fails to understand or know her daughter's mental condition but not really surprising considering both mom and son are obsessed with each other. 
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@naq if he balances out emotions then there is no story. The unidimensional view is what makes it interesting.

Sister's happiness the way the mother wants it. Dev is seeing happiness through Ishwari's eyes only. Not with his eyes.
So trying to see happiness through Ishwari's eyes creates the imbalance. Somewhere it has to break, where he should be forced to see happiness through his eyes.

For that he has to lose, lose everything that was build on Ishwari's sweat and Neha's sacrifice, and then he has to rebuild.
That's the growth in character. You don't need to point fingers, but it is enough the script show that understanding.

well i dont expect dev to be balanced.he can be resentful to his past, striving to make his relation with his sister better, vulnerable etc etc. But u see if he is so respectful to his mother then he should at least feel bad about hiding such things from her. normally we do think twice before taking decisions without involving parents. I dont see that in him, not even thinking on those lines. And also he is doing nothing to make his sisers and mom's relation better. 

@bold i agree then only i think he will value his success and also be freed from the burden of indebtness towards his mom

Edited by naq5 - 8 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnnaPaquinFan

Very interesting discussion going on. Yes now after 3 episodes we understand that Neha's sense of resentment is totally justified. She's the way she's because of her lost childhood. It has broken her scarred her psychologically and as her brother said ".. made her hate her own life.. "

She a study in poor self estimation being a drop out. I think her mother is totally responsible for this. Instead of trying to marry her off she should think about Neha completing her studies and having a career of her own. That'd automatically do a lot to uplift her mental condition and make her love her life. Marriage should come only after this. 
It's outright shocking how she fails to understand or know her daughter's mental condition but not really surprising considering both mom and son are obsessed with each other. 

yes even i was making the same point that neha should be encouraged to build her career first. she looks interested in interior designing maybe set her career up in some creative field. But no instead she is getting married at a time when she is too mentally broken to take up the rsponsibilities of a married life.

And i dont like the fact that marriage is see as a solution to the problems in children. Son is taking life too lightly marry him off. daughter is not making a career marry her off too(till when will u support her). child is depressed marry so that they get busy in married life. this is the way most parents in india function. 

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Brilliant post Shruti😊
I also feel that money is not going to solve all problems⭐️
DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: naq5

yes even i was making the same point that neha should be encouraged to build her career first. she looks interested in interior designing maybe set her career up in some creative field. But no instead she is getting married at a time when she is too mentally broken to take up the rsponsibilities of a married life.

And i dont like the fact that marriage is see as a solution to the problems in children. Son is taking life too lightly marry him off. daughter is not making a career marry her off too(till when will u support her). child is depressed marry so that they get busy in married life. this is the way most parents in india function. 

Also very interesting is the contrast between Sonakhshi's father and Dev's mother , in both families mothers are eager to marry their daughters off ,as if daughters are good for nothing else but marriage , home making and child bearing. 🥱 But here thank God Sonakhshi has a very supportive wise and forward thinking father who knows that until her daughter is well established financially to look after herself alone without the help of ny husband or in laws , so much so as to live in a house that is bought by her own money , marriage shouldn't be on the cards.

I'm already a fan of Sonakhshi's father, who POV towards a daughter reminds me a lot about my own father. 👏
Neha needs Dev to rise from the role of a blind son to his mother to a whole some elder brother who wouldn't marry her off till she's psychologically ready. Because Neha herself thinks her mom is marrying her off as she's a burden to the family , unwanted... " Sar se bojh utad jayegi.."