Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
shruti di what to say u always summmed up so well everything.
I find neha right and anger to be well justified but dev to kinda right

in his own ways but it so abvious that money can buy anything but not happiness...happiness for a moment can be staked with money but what about future???

Dev can go to any extent to make his mother happy ...but...did it actually serving the right process...

but i am so so amzed with ishwar i mean she seems to be total blank about nehas...psycologyyy i mean no matter how much...one can be obessed with his son..after its only mother who knows everything doesnt it??😲

30 percent shares is the biggest hole opend up for near future and this will be going to be turning point in upcoming story...!!

But--its so dishertened to see that why a boy is alays considered to be kuldeepak i mean andhe ke lakdi why cant society accept...that what a boy can do and girl too no maater how much the time is changing this type of thing now prevails in every strata of the society...be its lower to upperclass...no maater how much educated or sensible and civilized one can be..

Ishwari here is some how wrong...because she indirectly put all the budren to nehas shoulder just to sure dev got best in his life so that he can obviuosly be the one...to uplift them...this is wrong...
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@mannu it shows that we cannot build castles on ashes. One way or the other castle will fall down. Woman themselves has the feeling that if they educate the boy at the cost of the girl everything will be fine.
It simply doesn't work that way. It put burden on the boy just like it has on Dev to compensate somehow for what he got from his sister. And that is leading to trouble for him.

@sihu that dialogue on Rakhi, I really felt for Dev. His need to get acceptance of Neha. Actually Ishwari has ended up keeping a lot of burden on his shoulders. She asks him to forget the past. But how can he when the wounds gets opened one way or the other by someone. That itself shows getting rich has not solved the emotional turmoil of Dev. Money has not given him peace.

@sonatia thanks for replying. Do put your views. There will be something interesting coming out.
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i think more than the girl vs boy thing it was a matter that dev was elder(also a boy) and he would obviously finish his studies earlier and earn sooner.but that dosent mean that you ignore the needs of the 2nd child . its the parents responsibility to get both kids educated. if ishwari wanted dev to study in the best school. atleast she could have sent her daughter to a gov school. but the issue here was about the small sisters who needed someone to stay at home so that they could be taken care of. and being a mom ishwari should have seen to it that her elder daughters studies were not stopped. 
but yes she obviously is very blind to her pain.

And yes devs eyes did lit up when her sister talked about the rakshabandhan thing. and there was a beautifully picturized scene where he hands over the bangles in her hand.  shaheer was a natural in that scene😳. but he needs to understand relations cannot be brought. even if he gives away his whole business there is no guarantee that her inlaws will keep accepting neha without a child
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very good discussion, guys.

I think Neha's in-laws and husband will start harassing her over her demands and they may demand more and more from Dev to accept Neha.

Actually, I feel Ishwari's approach has not only scarred Neha but even Dev. If you see, he almost childishly desires the affection of his sister and is willing to trade material things for it. That's not an approach a mature and emotionally developed adult would take. He is just so attached to his family, that he is willing to trade long term conflict for their short term happiness.

I know this show will attempt to glorify Ishwari because it's an Indian show, but I feel unintentionally, she has raised a dysfunctional family. Dev is not just dedicated to his mother but is borderline obsessed with her. It's not normal. The very fact that the show is built on the premise of romantic love vs filial love shows that Dev is not a well-rounded adult.

I didn't really like Ishwari's dialogues about Neha today. It does seem like she has orthodox views regarding girls, marriage and in-laws. I think she focuses too much on Dev to the detriment of her other children. I don't see how Neha is wrong if her mother doesn't seek to clarify anything with her.
Even Ishwari is unhealthily obsessed with Dev and doesn't seem to give much attention to her other children.

Clearly, all this is setting the stage for a conflict between Dev's love for Sonakshi and his love for his mother, because I think Ishwari will be mighty jealous.
naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: clarity

Very good discussion, guys.

I think Neha's in-laws and husband will start harassing her over her demands and they may demand more and more from Dev to accept Neha.

Actually, I feel Ishwari's approach has not only scarred Neha but even Dev. If you see, he almost childishly desires the affection of his sister and is willing to trade material things for it. That's not an approach a mature and emotionally developed adult would take. He is just so attached to his family, that he is willing to trade long term conflict for their short term happiness.

I know this show will attempt to glorify Ishwari because it's an Indian show, but I feel unintentionally, she has raised a dysfunctional family. Dev is not just dedicated to his mother but is borderline obsessed with her. It's not normal. The very fact that the show is built on the premise of romantic love vs filial love shows that Dev is not a well-rounded adult.

I didn't really like Ishwari's dialogues about Neha today. It does seem like she has orthodox views regarding girls, marriage and in-laws. I think she focuses too much on Dev to the detriment of her other children. I don't see how Neha is wrong if her mother doesn't seek to clarify anything with her.
Even Ishwari is unhealthily obsessed with Dev and doesn't seem to give much attention to her other children.

Clearly, all this is setting the stage for a conflict between Dev's love for Sonakshi and his love for his mother, because I think Ishwari will be mighty jealous.

i agree dev is actually obsessed  with his mother🤢 i find the extreme respect & love & obsession towards his mom actually so unreal now. an i actually was looking for a balanced mature modern love story from the 1st promo
i was actually sad the way Dev was longing for his sister's love. Ishwari has not only ruined her daughters life she has also has created conflict between brother sister
Violet_orchid thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
It seems that ishwari is blinded by her son's love and his success..she is still not aware of the depth of negativity in Neha..or why she has become so bitter
shruthiravi thumbnail
@clarity, naq there is still a child in Dev. A child if given an option would like to put everything right for his mom and sisters.
Actually I love Dev's emotional vulnerability within that successful business man and Shaheer is simply amazing in the emotional scenes.
Because for the first time a show deals with a man's emotions. A man who is trying to balance out his equations with different women in his life.

Everytime women's pain is shown. But man who has to sacrifice his emotions at the altar of so called family, rarely do those emotions are discussed.
And what roots me to the show is that emotional conflicts of a man. Yes it is connected to woman, but it is still his emotions.
naq5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@clarity, naq there is still a child in Dev. A child if given an option would like to put everything right for his mom and sisters.

Actually I love Dev's emotional vulnerability within that successful business man and Shaheer is simply amazing in the emotional scenes.
Because for the first time a show deals with a man's emotions. A man who is trying to balance out his equations with different women in his life.

Everytime women's pain is shown. But man who has to sacrifice his emotions at the altar of so called family, rarely do those emotions are discussed.
And what roots me to the show is that emotional conflicts of a man. Yes it is connected to woman, but it is still his emotions.

yes but he is not exactly trying to balance the equations.if u see he  wants his sisters love but not at the cost of upsetting his mother even a wee bit. so hence he decides to hide his sisters issues from his mom &  instead decides to trade off 30% shares. whereas he shud have let the relation end at that time atleast for his sisters future good.
Also i find devs character to be a bit unreal hes too much of an ideal son we get to see in only tv series. it would have felt more real if he was torn in two minds about letting his mom know the truth vs hiding it from her and trading his shares off. but no his mind only thinks in 1 direction. A normal person will discuss with elders before taking such decisions is what i feel. i would have liked to see a conflicting character

now if anything goes wrong again neha will be blamed after all it was for her due to which the decicion was made.  i dont see ishwari telling tht i gave wrong sanskaar to my son he has traded relations with money.🤢

Violet_orchid thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
@naq I loved ur point that dev should do what is best for her sister n not what his mother thinks best for her..but dev is yet ng to win back her sister and it's a treat to watch shaheer portraying such intense emotions.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@naq if he balances out emotions then there is no story. The unidimensional view is what makes it interesting.
Sister's happiness the way the mother wants it. Dev is seeing happiness through Ishwari's eyes only. Not with his eyes.
So trying to see happiness through Ishwari's eyes creates the imbalance. Somewhere it has to break, where he should be forced to see happiness through his eyes.

For that he has to lose, lose everything that was build on Ishwari's sweat and Neha's sacrifice, and then he has to rebuild.
That's the growth in character. You don't need to point fingers, but it is enough the script show that understanding.