Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zaaratq thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
@annihilation - Husna, I always wanted to ask u about the grainy gifs. 😆 From what I know, I think it got to do with the coloring/sharpening action. From what I have seen on tumblr alot of users color and sharpen their layers instead of frames. I don know how that is gonna help though. Mostly issues are with the colors on the original frame. I think if there are alot more colors, its hard to optimize with save for web function. U can try coloring and sharpening layer by layer though. Do share if u find a better solution. ðŸ˜ģ
Lianaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 5
@annihilation:

As you have said here:

GIF's with B&W coloring are coming out very good but the normal coloring one's not.
So, it must have something about the Color Settings.
Sorry, can't show you my Settings for now, as I am at work. But will show you that one when I am back and we will find a solution to it. 'Hopefully'.

I had similar problem aswell, which was the quality. I used to do GIF's but it always came out with low quality but whenever I made them B&W it came out perfect. But I have learned to use less colorings as much as we can for GIF's to make it look better. The solution was : I have deleted and re-dewnloaded it again and it worked perfectly.

@zaaratq : I don't think it has something to do with the sharpening actions as I am too using Sharpening Actions. :/

Mine are looking like this with Sharpen actions:

zaaratq thumbnail
@StrawberryParam - Naz, some of the actions are pretty good as they were specifically made for gifs. I think the issue is when we use sharpening actions made for png/jpg image. I have gone through this before and I remember I was recommended by this tumblr user to google gif actions and use them. Ofcourse the main problem is the coloring. Also alot of us love using textures as well. I believe it also affect the overall quality of gif. Most dark gifs or gifs with more than 50% black color, like the one u posted, not many colors are there for PS to identify. Therefore the sharpening with the right coloring came out perfect. Alot of ps-ers I know from tumblr world have opined that CS5 works better for gifs. I don know if there is any truth though. I do have CS5 portable with me, however the problem is some psd colorings don get recognised and they don work in CS5. I believe the key is coloring afterall, to stick to simple coloring adjustments, simple GIF sharpening action and also better video quality overall. ðŸ˜ģ
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@zaara - Why did you want to ask me about that? ðŸ˜† Because you wanted to know why my gifs are grainy or because you wanted help yourself? In both case, I wouldn't have been of use. I'm aware that coloring and the kind of actions you use on your gifs will determine its quality. I have tried using simple colorings and actions that are specifically made for gifs but none of it made any difference.

@Naz - Wow, your gif looks so damn good. Its almost as if the universe is conspiring against me. What should I delete it and download once again? Your version of Photoshop? My poor internet is suffering so much because of this mess. 😆 Even if I just use curves/levels/brightness layers without any other adjustment layer, the result is still the crappy grainy gif. 
Lianaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

@zaara - Why did you want to ask me about that? ðŸ˜† Because you wanted to know why my gifs are grainy or because you wanted help yourself? In both case, I wouldn't have been of use. I'm aware that coloring and the kind of actions you use on your gifs will determine its quality. I have tried using simple colorings and actions that are specifically made for gifs but none of it made any difference.

@Naz - Wow, your gif looks so damn good. Its almost as if the universe is conspiring against me. What should I delete it and download once again? Your version of Photoshop? My poor internet is suffering so much because of this mess. 😆 Even if I just use curves/levels/brightness layers without any other adjustment layer, the result is still the crappy grainy gif. 

I would suggest you first to wait for me to check the settings and if nothing helps , the last solutiion will be to delete and re download again... as my problem got solved like that, thats why.
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: StrawberryParam

I would suggest you first to wait for me to check the settings and if nothing helps , the last solutiion will be to delete and re download again... as my problem got solved like that, thats why.

Yep, lets do that then. If your settings doesn't solve my problem, I'll download it once again.

annihilation thumbnail
@Zaara and Naz - Could you both please share how you do you make your gifs? Like, I don't need lengthy and detailed steps, just briefly explain your procedure. Just so that I know that I'm not making any mistake there. Take your time though, no hurry. ðŸ˜ģ
zaaratq thumbnail
@HusnaOfcourse I wanted to ask u. 😆 I mean your work is miles ahead of mine. So I thought u know about this. ðŸ˜† Maybe u wanna try checking the settings like Naz has mentioned many times. ðŸ˜† If not, u can get the CS5 portable from Naz and see if gifs come out better there. If all else fails, lets queue outside Aheli's house for help(jk).😆

My SFW setting btw : ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜ģ

Edited by zaaratq - 7 years ago
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaaratq

@HusnaOfcourse I wanted to ask u. 😆 I mean your work is miles ahead of mine. So I thought u know about this. ðŸ˜† Maybe u wanna try checking the settings like Naz has mentioned many times. ðŸ˜† If not, u can get the CS5 portable from Naz and see if gifs come out better there. If all else fails, lets queue outside Aheli's house for help(jk).😆

My SFW setting btw : ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜ģ

OMG NO ðŸĪĢI have seen your work and I'm nowhere close to your standard. Your gifs are always superlative! I remember this gif set you did on Drashti and I have been a fan ever since. I have the version Naz uploaded (PS CS5 extended) and I have tried working on both CS6 and CS5 extended, the result is the same. About the settings, you won't believe me but I have tried every possible permutation and combination of SFW settings. 😆 I have looked up a LOT of tumblr and adobe blogs for this problem and tried almost everything. Still can't figure out where exactly does my problem lie. Its so exhausting. -_______-

Queue outside Aheli's house? I'm so desperate for help, I could alomost kidnap her (jk). ðŸ˜†
zaaratq thumbnail
@Husna - I import the video to frames, select the frames I want to gif, I click the "limit to every two frames" option. After selecting the exact frames(I keep it below 40 frames) I want(by deleting those unwanted frames), I group the layers(for convenience sake), set frame delay(mostly above 0.1), crop the image and resize. Then I apply the coloring. After that I select the frames> change it to video timeline. After that I convert the gif group to small object and apply a soft sharpening action. After that I save by clicking the "save for web" option and with the settings above I save the gif. I upload on imgur nowadays. I used to upload on minus which is no longer around.

Edit : Now that I have mentioned, I believe the number of frames also matter. Don go cray cray with alot of frames. ðŸ˜‰
Edited by zaaratq - 7 years ago