I am a Kulvadhu first and then sister- Sita

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Sita told a very beautiful principle today. A principle which is put so much elaborately in top rated management books she said in one sentence. We are asked to take certifications in conflict management when we are promoted are managers. We are given tips and tricks to manage conflicts. 
Because in relations there will always be conflicts . An efficient manager is the one who manages the conflicts in relations. And women are said to excellent manager and that's why they are good home makers. And especially if you are in a leadership position like that of Sita the eldest vadhu of Ayodhya it becomes very important quality you should have with you. 

So what is conflict management and how do you manage it. First and the foremost thing in conflict management is fixing the priority. When you are at crossroads what will you choose. 

Sita is a sister to all 3 girls, but post marriage in addition to being sisters they are kulvadhu's of Ayodhya and Sita's devrani's too. Sita is jethani to them. 

It is natural for any sister to feel sad if Sita's behaviour towards them change. Conflict is bound to happen. Someone can pour oil in the burning insecurities. So Sita in the beginning itself is telling that her priority will be the duty of the kulvadhu. Her sisterly duty comes after that. If there is any conflict between her sisterly duties and her duties as Kulvadhu of Ayodhya, she will choose the duty of Kulvadhu of Ayodhya. 
And her sisters also will have to do that. Over and above their sisterly love, they have to choose the kulvadhu dharma. 
With this sentence Sita is ensuring that all the sisters know why she acts in a certain way in future and they dont feel sad, instead they try to understand it is her duty as a kulvadhu to do that. 

Same is the case with our relations also. Learn to fix priorities upfront. Dont give unnecessary expectations. Many people dont know to fix priority and they mess up everything. Instead of one conflict they will end up having multiple conflicts. 

Conflict management is very essential for working woman. If you have your child's b'day and client meeting, tell the child upfront that mama wont be available on b'day but will make sure the coming weekend will take the child for movie or dinner. Then stick to it. So that the next time you are making trade offs the child trusts you. 

if your child is sick and you have important office meeting, call the office upfront, inform the situation, tell them the back up plans also and ensure the back up plan works so that trust is maintained. 

Learn to make trade offs in a nice way. Stick to committments so that people accept trade offs with free will. Instead of running around doing everything sensible trade offs will give you breathing space. 

Now another thing. Sita stressed the word Kul Vadhu not beti. Understand this difference. First try to be a good kulvadhu. That's your relation with them. And as times goes by when you become so much part of the system as kulvadhu slowly you will be accepted in the family as beti. Never try to jump into everything and try to become beti. You will neither become kulvadhu nor beti. You will end up in soup. Learn, take guidance from your MIL, get support from your husband be a good kulvadhu or DIL before attempting to be a beti
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
One word.. CLASS..๐Ÿค—
I loved the way Chandrabagha & also mandavi said, they are not worried much coz Sita is always there for her daughters..!!..๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ it was kind of so relatable & real life like situation, & I loved how all the sisters know they are lucky to go to sa๐Ÿ‘me house as Kulvadhus..
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great analysis Shruthi.
If  you go to your sasural as a daughter-in-law, you will pay close attention to their ways and methods, expand your mind with a lot of different concepts and also keep the channel of your understanding and acceptance a little wider. If you enter as a daughter you may have similar expectations and delusions of instant acceptance that you had from your own parents. This often leads to limits being crossed resulting in  difficult and complicated relationships. Gradually you end up being considered as the daughter of the house naturally, so I totally agree with you on this point.
Sita has been at the center of the events directly or indirectly both yesterday and today. She matches Ram in being a perfect daughter to her parents ;a perfect sister  to her siblings and a very balanced human being. I, along with Ram , am totally engrossed in deciphering her multilayered personality.
Savita
Edited by avalonhigh1234 - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@savitha in most teleserials I am unable to relate to female lead is because of this aspect. From the time of marriage they will jump into everything in their sasural. Take independent decisions without consulting the elders in the family or their husband. And the makers are asking us to treat them Mahan. I call them dumb and responsible for their own problems and in no way should be imitated by any sane person.
Whenever you are at a new place any intelligent person will observe, will learn, will adapt, will try to win trust by doing diligently the tasks assigned to them. Problems you discuss with your husband. Support him when he takes a stand and then slowly you will be asked opinions and you will start giving them.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
That was put across in such a simple manner with so much clarity
what an analysis๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Liked the example u stated
it made the point all the more clearer
Will have this in mind
Will help me in future I guess๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

And also I have seen this among my friends and others
They form a opinion about their inlaws,hubby,new 
neighbors,new colleagues so early
It may be positive or negative
As time passes, I see their opinions take a U-turn
And it doesn't take much of time either๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
why don't people take their time with open mind
before forming a opinion instead of complaining 
later that they misjudged
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shruthi ...tell me about it.I have ADHD when it comes to these serials...Till now I have not come across any female lead with even an iota of sense .I can't relate to to their projected mahanta even in a miniscule way. The saddest part is that they start out to be quite sane too...๐Ÿ˜›.
After along time Skr has managed to not only hold my attention but also my interest.
These characters are known and familiar to us, but still the makers have managed to portray these characters in a truly multi dimensional way.{though I wish they would fine tune Bharat's character a little and reduce the make up ๐Ÿ˜‰}.
Savita
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Mano as a point never try to talk the limitations in your in laws home or your analysis of them at your home. Then more opinions you will get from your family. Act this way, that way. And then you will be confused. If at all you need to discuss, discuss with your hubby. Many women don't open up to their hubby, instead go complaining to every tom,dick and harry. Open communication with spouse can solve more than 80% of the issues.
Men may not observe everytime. But atleast 60-70% of them listen to you if you speak with clarity and conviction than cribbing.
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
we are on the same page, shruthi. and am so glad about it...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome analysis Shruti didi๐Ÿ˜ƒ