SKR:Of loops and symbolisms: 25/03- P.142-TRUTH

daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Well am opening this thread after a long spamming session on shruthi's ( @shruthiravi) thread 😆. She found my incoherent talks deep, so taking this opportunity to thank her for encouraging me to open a thread for the same. I always need a push to open up topics on forums. So here the catalyst was @shruthiravi. Thank you once again. 😛

I'll make a point to post daily. The show has given me a lot of food for thought 😆. As am watching the old episodes also, time and again I shall also post theirs with the date and scenes. 😊

I hope you all enjoy this journey with me and take an active part in the same. 😃

For me SKR is not just a straight story but a layered portrayal with deep meanings 😊

Am loving SKR not because of different views or fictionalised portrayal but because of the its narration. 

Am glad they have layered everything which are now opening bit by bit. They are making us read in between the lines of Ramayana. The thread is meant for a similar purpose, to read in between the lines.

Pothi padh padh jag muya,
 pandit bhaya na koye
Dhai akshar prem ka, 
padhe so pandit hoye

Browse as per the page no.s 😊

Vivah saptaha, lakshman, urmila,lakshmila, four pillars of life - P.1 

Shiva tying sacred thread - P.2 

Logic Vs Intuition- 29/01-30/01 - P.3 

Their Hero - 15/02- P.4 

Roles, Roads and Reassurances- 16/02-P.8

The Pivot- 17/02-P.10

Penance- 18/02- P.14 

Nirvana-19/02- P.20

Path unseen-20/02- P.21 

Possibilities-22/02-P.26 

Ripples-23/02- P.28

Realizations- 24/02- P.31

Vortex- 25/02- P.37 

Lurking monsters- 26/02- P.40 

Ally- 27/02- P.43 

Essence-28/02-P.46 

Definitions-29/02-P.50 

Mirage- 1/03- P.56 

Of words- 2/03- P.58 

Gifts-3/03-P.60

Broken pieces of a puzzle-4/03-P.63 

Medium- 5/03- P.65

Time- 7/03- P.68

Deception-8/03-P.71

Prakriti-9/03-P.73 

Niyati- 10/03-P.74 

Prophetic-11/03-P.79

Vachan-12/03-P.81

Vilamb-13/03-P.83 

Verdict-14/03-P.86 

Mirror-15/03-P.90

Changing roles-16/03-P.93

Relations-18/03-P.96 

Duty-20/03-P.107 

Emotions-21/03-P.121

Woman- 22/03- P.124 

Pillar-23/03-P.131 

End to begin-24/03-P.138 

Truth-25/03-P.142 
Edited by daydreamers - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daydreamers thumbnail

SIYA KE RAM- VIVAH SAPTAHA - 13/02/16

Coming to the saatpheres, I make a point of ram's repetitive address to sita as a token of love and gratitude. He found himself to be luckiest as she chose him not coz that he had broken the bow but coz she had liked him in person. She didn't chose him only for strength, but also for his innermost traits. She saw in him a soul that was pure, kind and loving. He thanked her for believing that her life would be fulfilling with him, without giving a thought of how their future may be. With every vachan a loop is opened, one has to wait how it shall culminate. 

For instance, at third vachan my heart cringed as ram vowed to be dedicated and loving to his wife and children. The way this has opened up is wow!!! Sheer wow!! Such an irony... The man who vows to be attentive,alert and devoted to his kids and wife shall abandon them at a crucial point. So will this vachan have a loop closure? Ram even though sent sita on exile, lived only with her. His wife, his children were always in his thoughts. Yes, he was dedicated to his wife and children through those years. Nobody noticed but sita always knew this. 

In today's world it is difficult to find such men. On the contrary, distance doesn't matter. Even if living together, their minds and souls are separated. It was a flip side then. 

Sita vows to run her house with whatever she has. A normal person would laugh at this. A girl getting married off in a city of gold takes such a vow. But this was true when they were on exile. She managed with what all she had. 

The most of all I loved was the vachan of friendship. It was bang on. The people who believe that friendship has nothing to do with marriage, pls give a second thought to it. 

One more loop that seems to have opened up is lakshmila. I actually loved the placement of mandaps. Ram sita separate facing the other three couples. And heading the trio were lakshmila. If the jaimala vidhi is observed carefully, after siya ram, shatrughna-kirti, bharat-mandvi and at last lakshmila ( even when they were in front). Siya ram facing them was somewhere an indication, that their life is going to seriously affect and inspire the other three couples.

Lakshmila in the front was a clear indication that their sacrifice would be as great as siya-ram. The worst affected would be bharat and hence mandvi. They were in the middle and behind were shatrughna- shruthkirti. Whenever bharvi would lose their peace, balance and motivation shatrughna-kirti shall give them a base to fall on. I see them as those pillars who will keep the balance intact. Lakshman as usual would be the shadow of both ram and sita will leave behind a reflection named urmila. Am seeing urmila as a very independent individual character that has been crafted. Being the first in the trio, She'll face a greater dilemma of wait Vs worth, where to focus? 

The placement technically was in chronology of janaka's and kushaldhwaja's daughters but I see an uncanny  depth in it.. 😆

I see bharat as a reflection of both sita and ram. He has patience, love, conviction, dedication as ram and a sense of intuition as sita. Here I recall a dialogue by him to kaikeyi- "vishwaas kisi tark ya pramaan par aashrit ho, aavashyak toh nahi?" 
And the same was told by sita to ram on his confrontation with her in the temple. 

The cvs have drawn clever parallelism with every character and scene. 

The vachans, though we got only siya-ram in it are adversely going to affect all the couples. The true testing times shall begin shortly. How these 7 loops will be closed is what we have to see. 😛

daydreamers thumbnail

SIYA KE RAM- URMILA AS VIDHIKARI-
                      DRAWING PARALLELS

Happened to read 'sita's sister' by kavita Kane and am floored with urmila's character. I wish they show something of the sort in SKR. The nidra urmila is good to read but I ges that shall limit the actor's potential. I actually want to see the constant dilemma of urmila's wait vs worth. The same applies to mandvi and shruthkirti. I very much relate to mandvi, me being the short-tempered and impatient.😆

Actually after reading 'sita's sister' I somehow deciphered the reason behind making urmila as vidhikari.  Not juz that she was janaka's daughter. Chronologically mandvi should have been but no its urmila. 

Urmila had this typical way of living life I ges. She being the reflection of sita, made peace with whatever she had. She didn't drown in the sea of her pain, instead looked life on a bigger canvas. 

The girl was exceptional with Vedas ( as per the book). A good organiser and a manager of events and works. And I guess even in SKR they have kept this angle to urmila. She would accelerate things to happen. She would pester sita to come to gauri mandir. The tym when sunaina worries of dashratha not meeting sita, urmila pacifies her of sita's spending tym with them. 

daydreamers thumbnail

SIYA KE RAM- LAKSHMAN THE DEVOTEE

Coming to lakshman, long back there was a scene. The first tym ram sita met at gauri mandir, they stood face to face to each other and an aarti was played. There was this 'ram siya ram BG', as the aarti ends, all bow down in reverence. The focus they gave on lakshman, specially a slight camera pan was really astonishing... That single shot gave away a lot... It was as if lakshman bowing down to siya-ram. A very poetic scene that was. 
daydreamers thumbnail

SIYA KE RAM- LAKSHMILA- 01/02/16

Urmila brings food for lakshman.

There's a beautiful poignant dialogue there. A loop was opened. 

"Aap ke liye kiya jaane wala karya mere liye kashta nahi apitu santosh ka nimitta hoga" 

It was ❤️ + 💔

This is long ago opened loop...
 Let's c who gets the kashta and who gets the santosh. 

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
                                       4 Pillars of Life Symbolism
@DD beautiful post dear and I have loved the way you have analyzed the symbolisms. Actually since I was very busy from last Thursday I just managed to see the repeats and then quickly run the analysis. That mandap placement I was also waiting to look at it. Because just like you who write short stories and blogs I knew symbolism is there.

And I had thought it will be Lakshmila in middle, bharat in front and Shatrughna behind. Reason representation of Vishnu. The mandap facing Ram-Siya will have Adhishesha with his consort. And flanked by Sudharshan and conch.But when Bharat Mandavi was placed I was confused a bit. But your post makes sense.

Lakshman is Ram's defense or shadow so he has to be in front. To take any danger that affects Ram before him.
Bharat is reflection so Ram's life has to be reflected in Bharat's life. Hence straight or middle mandap for them.
Shatrughna behind because his identity is dependant on the other 3. Unless the other 3 plays their part properly the last pair will not have significance.

In a sense you can call the 4 mandaps the symbolisms of Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha.

First and foremost is Dharma or the knowledge of right living- Represented by Ram-Siya and hence their mandap separate and of highest order

Then comes Artha or Wealth represented by Lakshmila, they are the real wealth in any family, the emotional support without which no crisis can be handled. Lakshman remains the emotional support for Ram-Siya, while Urmila does the same in the palace

Then Kama or Power represented by Bharat-Mandavi. A man who does not want power as he has lost the brother in whom he sees his guru and another brother whom he regard as his wealth. Kama has no meaning without Dharma and artha. Or otherwise power is useless if you don't have right knowledge and without your loved ones.

Moksha represented by Shatrughna -Shruthakirti- Because all the other 3 forces balanced, they had a good life, calm life compared to all 3 brothers. And if there was any imbalance anywhere it would have been catastrophic, war torn in physical front between brothers and emotionally torn within between sisters.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
daydreamers thumbnail
thank you for putting it here shruthi...😃
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@DD adding two more symbolisms from the sacred thread ceremony done by Shiva.

The placement of 4 brothers if you look anticlockwise is Dharma or Knowledge -Ram, Artha or Wealth-Lakshman, Kama or Power- Bharat, Moksha or Salvation- Shatrughna.

Now look at the way the coronation done by Shiva. Usually it is expected that Ram will be crowned first as he is the eldest. But Shiva performs the crowning and thread tying ceremony for Shatrughna first.

I take it as Shiva showing the cycle of life. In any man's life, the ultimate aim has to be Moksha and his actions has to directed towards attaining it. Hence first priority to Shatrughna,

Then Kama or Power- You need power to do the actions required for attaining moksha. So when you have set the goal for moksha, connect power to moksha and ways to attaining power for getting moksha..

Then Arth or Wealth- No transaction in this world happens without wealth. Everything is connected to wealth. Wealth can not only be the material things, but also the immaterial relations we form. So with moksha as ultimate goal, power to reach moksha, think about wealth to reach moksha

Finally Dharma or knowledge- Have the knowledge Moksha is your goal. And then use both arth and Kama for attaining the goal. Unless you have this knowledge you will not know how to use artha and Kama. And using artha and Kama the right way you can get Moksha. No need to denounce artha or Kama for getting salvation or Moksha.

Ram -Shatughna in straight line depicts that theory- Knowledge that Moksha is the ultimate goal for a human. Ensure all the actions are happening with this knowledge in mind.
priyu03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful post dear 👏 
Loved the way you analyzed the symbolism. 
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Beautiful thread @dd and shruthi di
I loved the symbolism
The same thing popped in my mind when ram gave the third vachan .
Wait vs worth ... I don't know if its a coincidence or what , I have written a poem on the same topic just an hour ago concerning the similar characters .
I had cherished the explanation on intution vs logic too in your other post and trust me at that time my mind had similar views .
Please put that here too .
Shruthi di , what at an understanding beautiful ... Dharm arth kama moksha ...
One more thing I like to add up here is
The souls progress from
Infinite to finite
And then mortal to immortal
That reflects the cycle , I kind of connected to this theory too in the way

Lovely , there is so much to learn