•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

You need to follow rules, Amit

Amit Varma tried to overtake a car from the left, ended up ramming into a truck

Repent at leisure: Amit Varma checks out the dent in his car

Sapana Patil Poojary

Amit Varma aka Rohan of Kituu Sabb Jaantii Haii met with an accident on Friday night. Fortunately he escaped unscathed. Amit was on his way to his friend's place at Andheri when his car, a blue Hyundai Accent was hit by a passing truck.

Amit narrates the incident, "While driving, there was a car, with an 'L' board, in my way, cruising along slowly. I wanted to overtake it. But there was no way to overtake it from the right and as I was in a hurry, I had no other option but to overtake from the left. Just then, I saw a truck on the left. Its tail lights were off so I did not spot it earlier. Unfortunately, it was too late to steer my vehicle away, so I ended up ramming into the truck. The left side of my car was damaged. I know it was my mistake and thankfully, I got away without a bruise." 

Incidentally, Amit had an accident in the same car, at around the same time last year. Amit adds, "It is not that I don't drive carefully, but this time it was my fault. My parents are really furious with me for being so careless. I am very possessive about my car as I have bought it with my hard earned money. Since the car will now be examined by insurance agents, I am having a tough time travelling to work."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;articleid=1162006233833843116200623369578#