Posted: 8 years ago
if arjun take ulupi with   him to hastinapur
then how draupadi allowed it
she had make exception only for krishna sister
but only after lot of    argument and drama
Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 6
This OS is so beautiful... I too always think of Uloopi as among the most neglected characters of the epic. She was one strong willed woman.. just like her counter parts... She too lived through everything destiny threw upon her...
I loved how u wrote on her...from desire to love...u have amazingly depicted them. πŸ˜³ And your note is πŸ˜Ž
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amankoushal

Sorry to barge in...but actually this whole concept of Draupadi not allowing her co-wives in Indraprastha is wrong. Nowhere in the epic it is written. This is an assumption made by Devdutta Pattanaik n propagated by serials.
Arjun never wanted Uloopi...n he left her...
Chitrangada did not come with him bcoz her father had given a condition to Arjun that her son Babruvahana would stay back in Manipur to be the King...Chitrangada probably stayed back bcoz she had to raise her son.
Subhadra came along...bcoz she had no such obligations...and yes Draupadi was hurt but she did not create the drama that was shown on Star Plus' Mahabharat. In fact her jealousy seems to be a mistranslation of Sanskrit words.There are hints in the epic that the other wives did stay with them.
So...this condition of Draupadi is false...as per my knowledge.

Sorry for this gyaan...πŸ˜† but thought of clearing your misconceptions. πŸ˜Š

Geetha...I know this is not a discussion thread...I apologize for this comment.
I agree with amankoushal that you should publish a novel...😊
KURT15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Anu---

This OS is so beautiful... I too always think of Uloopi as among the most neglected characters of the epic. She was one strong willed woman.. just like her counter parts... She too lived through everything destiny threw upon her...

I loved how u wrote on her...from desire to love...u have amazingly depicted them.😳And your note is😎

Thank you so much. πŸ˜ƒ
KURT15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: amankoushal

I second Amrita. I don't think anything is ever mentioned in epic about Drau objecting to any of the other wives of Pandavas being in Indraprastha. And Uloopi was not a wife in the accepted sense of the word. For Arjuna, it was a one night stand, though it meant a lot more to her. But in the end, he accepts her as wife and takes her with him. πŸ˜ƒ
KURT15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Sorry to barge in...but actually this whole concept of Draupadi not allowing her co-wives in Indraprastha is wrong. Nowhere in the epic it is written. This is an assumption made by Devdutta Pattanaik n propagated by serials.
Arjun never wanted Uloopi...n he left her...
Chitrangada did not come with him bcoz her father had given a condition to Arjun that her son Babruvahana would stay back in Manipur to be the King...Chitrangada probably stayed back bcoz she had to raise her son.
Subhadra came along...bcoz she had no such obligations...and yes Draupadi was hurt but she did not create the drama that was shown on Star Plus' Mahabharat. In fact her jealousy seems to be a mistranslation of Sanskrit words.There are hints in the epic that the other wives did stay with them.
So...this condition of Draupadi is false...as per my knowledge.

Sorry for this gyaan...πŸ˜†but thought of clearing your misconceptions.😊

Geetha...I know this is not a discussion thread...I apologize for this comment.
I agree with amankoushal that you should publish a novel...😊

Its Ok, Amrita. Anyway, I am saved the trouble of having to type all that now!!! πŸ˜†
And the kind of response I got for my published works are not so encouraging. But I'll keep trying!! 😳
Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
great one gee! i had read this before i remember ..each and every word of this os. it's very very intense.. feeling pity for uloopi. i always have a compassion for uloopi and irvan. bot the r really strong as well as bound to love!
KURT15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhivyakrish31

<font color="#ff00ff">great one gee! i had read this before i remember ..each and every word of this os. it's very very intense.. feeling pity for uloopi. i always have a compassion for uloopi and irvan. bot the r really strong as well as bound to love!</font>

Thank you Dhi... Yes, their situation was heart wrenching indeed. 😭
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KURT15

Its Ok, Amrita. Anyway, I am saved the trouble of having to type all that now!!! πŸ˜†
And the kind of response I got for my published works are not so encouraging. But I'll keep trying!! 😳

You have published novels?
Please let me know more about them...maybe through PM or Facebook..😊
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Superb.
Whenever I read any of your writings, wow comes automatically.
U are an extraordinary writer mam.
Thanks that U wrote on Uloopi, one of the most neglected character of MB.
The way U portrayed her feelings, her lonliness, its marvellous.
SPK has nothing do with Karna.Now, its true.I completely agree with U.