Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

SUNNY LEONE, ITS NOT JUST ABOUT SEX FOR HER

Sunny Leone, bold, direct and uncut. Doesn't regret one bit of whatever she may have done in life. Couldn't care two hoots for those who criticize her. Is she calling the bluff on large sections of male Indian society?

On my weekly interview show, The Hot Seat, I decided this week to go ahead with Sunny Leone. Scorned and adored by people in equal numbers. I have been pilloried by many, suggesting that I was obnoxious in my questioning. Some thought I was obsessed with her past. Well, Yes, I agree. The only reason why Sunny Leone, or Karanjit as she used to be called earlier, would have qualified to be on my show, is because its her past now evolving into her present which is the story waiting to be told

Like all my interviews, this time too, I tried to read up as much as I could about her. I found all kinds of things. Some held her high as an example of courage! Like how difficult her life journey must have been. I agree with that, it must have been one helluva journey. But that's precisely the point. We aren't really going to the cinemas to watch her because she is a star. And I might just add here that I haven't seen any of her Bollywood films. Because I have kids at my place, so I cant watch any of her films in her earlier avatar even if I wanted to. Sunny Leone is a newsmaker in her own right because of what was going on in her past, the circumstances she operates in today and the manner in which she deals with criticism which is bound to come her way

Frankly, let me be honest with you folks. She did tell me half way through the interview, that she felt it was like an interrogation. She did concede that if she knew the format, she would have been better prepared. But ever since the first airing of the interview, I am only seeing positive feedback for her. So Sunny, you did well! It doesn't matter that I was convinced at the end of the interview that you were an extremely brave woman to have dealt with your past in the manner in which you did. It's the viewer that counts. Whether its you or me.

I came across this article in scoop whoop.  http://www.scoopwhoop.com/Sunny-Leone-Interview/

The article, like many others, assumes that I have been judgmental. I fail to understand how. I simply did the job of asking questions, yes which were perhaps moral in nature. But isn't that also the story? I did mention this multiple times in course of the interview that Indians were a bunch of hyper hypocritical people. I am not writing this blog to respond to the critics. But I thought its important to place the facts correctly. In the right context

When I asked her to respond to some comments made by politicians about her, I thought she was splendid by jokingly claiming that perhaps President Obama himself may some day include her in his speech. When asked if we were to turn the clock back in time, would she have done anything differently, her response was again spot on.

My point is, the moralists in this country can have any take on anyone. I most certainly wasn't aiming to be a moralist on The Hot Seat. 

- See more at: http://www.bhupendrachaubey.com/columns/SUNNY-LEONE-AND-THE-HOT-SEAT#sthash.NspAtxEr.dpuf
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
TFS.
Can someone also post Shekhar Gupta's Walk the Talk with her? I believe it was the complete opposite to this.
Edited by hamzanuha - 8 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This guy probably jerks off to po*n 13 times a day. Moronic. 
So great to see Bollywood showing support towards Sunny, she's just become an even bigger star. Kudos. 
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Its funny how Amir Khan who apparently didn't want to work with her is now supporting her on twitter cause of the interview. lol 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He has probably done her a favour and may be that's what she needed , the amount of support she got out of it is positive for her.
Don't get me wrong on this as i agree with majority here that interviewer was rude but reaction of BW amazed me . I haven't seen them reacting so strongly and extending their support to more worthy causes than this, the fact that they chicken out when its something to do outside BW but jump up as soon as its about BW related is just lame .

It's not as if sunny has stopped doing it , i think it was last year only when there was news of her dancing naked ( probably topless) in a party .
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
not in favour of Bhupendra..
but never really understood the sympathy that Sunny gets..forget her past, but as someone who wants to turn a new leaf over, what exactly does she bring to Bollywood as an actress..she CANNOT act, she does not have the best face in town, IDK the x factor is missing..and to her credit she is probably just an ok hip shaker (there are better dancers than her around as well)..I always see so much criticism for other foreign imports in comparison to her..be it Katrina or Jacqueline..what is it that garners so much empathy for this babe?!

niasharma11 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OMG !  This is the first Sunny Leone interview I have ever seen. Neither loved her nor hated her before, though never could understand the hate for her in general.
The interviewer was no doubt a jerk. But the kind of poise and dignity with which she answered his questions, I truly admire her. I really liked how unapologetic she was about her past because she knows very well that her past is the one that is making her present. 

IMHO, there is nothing wrong in asking questions about her past but the way those questions were framed and the way the same questions were asked in thousand different ways with the only objective, that is to degrade her, is not at all acceptable. Kudos to Sunny for handling it extremely well 👏

But the one thing that I got to know from the interview based on how all the questions were based around po*n was, Bhupendra Chaubey (or the people, who he said, Bhupendra represented) is/are the one who is obsessed with po*n, not Sunny 😆
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: niasharma11

OMG !  This is the first Sunny Leone interview I have ever seen. Neither loved her nor hated her before, though never could understand the hate for her in general.

The interviewer was no doubt a jerk. But the kind of poise and dignity with which she answered his questions, I truly admire her. I really liked how unapologetic she was about her past because she knows very well that her past is the one that is making her present. 

IMHO, there is nothing wrong in asking questions about her past but the way those questions were framed and the way the same questions were asked in thousand different ways with the only objective, that is to degrade her, is not at all acceptable. Kudos to Sunny for handling it extremely well 👏

But the one thing that I got to know from the interview based on how all the questions were based around po*n was, Bhupendra Chaubey (or the people, who he said, Bhupendra represented) is/are the one who is obsessed with po*n, not Sunny 😆

THIS!!

Nothing wrong asking about her past if u really want to ask it...but this journalist was trying to make her say that she regretted her past and was not proud of it or that she has done something wrong...and when he was not getting the answer that he wanted ...he went to downright humiliate her...even saying that people will say that he was being MORALLY CORRUPTED just by talking to her...so much humiliation for Sunny🤢🤢

Originally posted by: Live2eat

SUNNY LEONE, ITS NOT JUST ABOUT SEX FOR HER

Sunny Leone, bold, direct and uncut. Doesn't regret one bit of whatever she may have done in life. Couldn't care two hoots for those who criticize her. Is she calling the bluff on large sections of male Indian society?

On my weekly interview show, The Hot Seat, I decided this week to go ahead with Sunny Leone. Scorned and adored by people in equal numbers. I have been pilloried by many, suggesting that I was obnoxious in my questioning. Some thought I was obsessed with her past. Well, Yes, I agree. The only reason why Sunny Leone, or Karanjit as she used to be called earlier, would have qualified to be on my show, is because its her past now evolving into her present which is the story waiting to be told

Like all my interviews, this time too, I tried to read up as much as I could about her. I found all kinds of things. Some held her high as an example of courage! Like how difficult her life journey must have been. I agree with that, it must have been one helluva journey. But that's precisely the point. We aren't really going to the cinemas to watch her because she is a star. And I might just add here that I haven't seen any of her Bollywood films. Because I have kids at my place, so I cant watch any of her films in her earlier avatar even if I wanted to. Sunny Leone is a newsmaker in her own right because of what was going on in her past, the circumstances she operates in today and the manner in which she deals with criticism which is bound to come her way

Frankly, let me be honest with you folks. She did tell me half way through the interview, that she felt it was like an interrogation. She did concede that if she knew the format, she would have been better prepared. But ever since the first airing of the interview, I am only seeing positive feedback for her. So Sunny, you did well! It doesn't matter that I was convinced at the end of the interview that you were an extremely brave woman to have dealt with your past in the manner in which you did. It's the viewer that counts. Whether its you or me.

I came across this article in scoop whoop.  http://www.scoopwhoop.com/Sunny-Leone-Interview/

The article, like many others, assumes that I have been judgmental. I fail to understand how. I simply did the job of asking questions, yes which were perhaps moral in nature. But isn't that also the story? I did mention this multiple times in course of the interview that Indians were a bunch of hyper hypocritical people. I am not writing this blog to respond to the critics. But I thought its important to place the facts correctly. In the right context

When I asked her to respond to some comments made by politicians about her, I thought she was splendid by jokingly claiming that perhaps President Obama himself may some day include her in his speech. When asked if we were to turn the clock back in time, would she have done anything differently, her response was again spot on.

My point is, the moralists in this country can have any take on anyone. I most certainly wasn't aiming to be a moralist on The Hot Seat. 

- See more at: http://www.bhupendrachaubey.com/columns/SUNNY-LEONE-AND-THE-HOT-SEAT#sthash.NspAtxEr.dpuf

Nice attempt Ms.Bhupendra trying to save your backside but not working at all...Could care less about what you thought of her...Your questions and the way you put them forth mirrors your mindset and what you think of her really and how you didn't care for her reputation...If her past is what made her eligible for the interview, why don't you invite Salman Khan, Aamir Khan. Amitabh Bachchan etc who have done questionable things in their lives and ask them about what they did in a similar manner?
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
That one season of Big Boss where I (and a handful others) defended Sunny Leone from rabid critics feels vindicated now. 
The moral worth of a human is not in how much or how little sex they have or whether it was for money or for love. The moral worth of a human is in how they treat other humans.