Mansi Sharma Aka Trisha Interview on PKHJD ending

pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

A pretty serial KILLER 

When you look at her onscreen, her striking face is hard to look away from.

Currently essaying the role of the ambitious Trishara on Pyar Ko Hojane Do, actress Mansi Sharma is enjoying every minute of playing a funky fashionista.

But now that the serial is wrapping up abruptly, Mansi can't help but  hide her disappointment. In a candid chat with us, this true blue Punjabi from  Jammu, opens up about about the end of PKHJD, her film with Malayalam superstar Mammooty and more...

We hear the show is ending. What's happening and what's going through your mind right now?
Yes. The show is ending this month. We're upset as there's no promotion happening. The concept of the show is very nice and it's not a typical saas bahu drama. It was always a finite show of 104 episodes. But we thought it will end nicely. But there's no TRP I guess and no promotions  happening either. I don't know the reason but I've heard it's because of the channel. For every other show,  a time slot has been assigned and there's also a maha episode planned.

But it hasn't been done for ours. We're all shocked as to why this is happening. Even Iqbal and Mona were saying that they're going to miss the show, just like rest of the cast.

Of late, many youth-oriented and fresh shows have gone off air abruptly.  Why do you think this keeps happening?
TRPs could be the reason. But we are getting such good responses for our show. I've never got such amazing reactions to any of my previous shows.

People have been recognising me, thanks to PKHJD. And when they ask me why its going off air, I don't know what to tell them.

Trishara seems to be an independent working woman unlike all the housewives on Indian television. Don't you think we need more such modern characters?
What I personally feel is that we live in a new age now, and we do have such women who are confident and independent. It will indeed be refreshing to see more such characters on screen, that reflect the modern Indian women we see in real life. I guess we are slowly moving towards that and hopefully, we will portray more such roles on indian television.

You recently did a film Acha Din with Malayalam superstar Mammooty. How was the experience? How did you manage despite not knowing the language?
It was a great privilege for me to be working with a superstar like Mamootty sir. I was elated.  Well, it was tough but I had a great team as they took care of the barrier well by arranging a language expert who would help me with all the lines thoroughly.

What else is happening on the movie front for you?
It's too soon to comment on that. For now, I am fully consumed by Pyar ko Ho Jaane do and MH1 Airtel Awaaz Punjab Di, a show which I'm anchoring.

What do you look for in your partner? Any traits your ideal man should posses?
 I can write a thesis on that like any other girl but I won't be that harsh! (Laughs) I think the most important is mutual trust and honesty apart from love and care which goes without saying.

Edited by pinkeye - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awww she is such a normal girl. 😆
Can write a thesis about my partner .. so so natural! 😆

Love her! ❤️
Keep rocking mansi! 
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
SHe is from Jammu. Iqbal ke padosi. 😆😆😆

it seems the channel has crossed all limits ill treating the show. the actors are not even properly communicated as per her talks, she keeps on repeating we hear. 😲 sad state of affairs. I hope Iqbal and Mona stay away from this whimsical channel for their own good.
Edited by pinkeye - 8 years ago
I like this Girl...Gorgeous Chick...😆
As for Channel..Uff ...Doom's Day Nearing for them...

TFS...
rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I feel bad for the team.. they have slogged so much.. channel ko padi hi nahi.. bloody dorks!
peeyara thumbnail
tfs
thesis on perfect man 😆
they must be feeling bad k itna effort dalne  k baad bhi end result yeh mila :(
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I really like her and also the character Tisha. She has that outward strength of a confident woman, but also the inner vulnerability of a real woman. I love Trisha. She has really come a long way in a 3 month journey. All the characters of this show are 3 dimensional and well written. They never showed her as a goody two shoes. She was very ambitious to start with but has mellowed down since her egagement to Bilal. But we see now that she has got some quiet strength too. How she helped Shabina.

I think it's a pity the show didn't run its course. It really didn't have to happen. Everyone involved has expressed their disappointment, and rightfully so. We saw comments from Iqbal and Mona and also from Arjit and now Maansi. I guess the indication is that the channel is to blame! But then we always knew that. What's new? 

All the best Maansi for your future projects. Hope to see you soon in another show and an equally rocking character! 
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 8 years ago
Taha0023 thumbnail
Trisha is one of the most beautiful fashion icon in the tv industry. Who was the dress designer of Trisha, in the show, if any one know, then please let us know.  I will go to India just to buy her type of designer dresses 😊. She is the most stylish woman in the tv  Industry. Mona Sing's dresses were also very unique, exclusive and elegent, compared to any other tv shows. Edited by Taha0023 - 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Taha0023

Trisha is one of the most beautiful fashion icon in the tv industry. Who was the dress designer of Trisha, in the show, if any one know, then please let us know.  I will go to India just to buy her type of designer dresses 😊. She is the most stylish woman in the tv  Industry. Mona Sing's dresses were also very unique, exclusive and elegent, compared to any other tv shows.

In case You meet her Hair Stylist ...Please give one Tapli to that Person for giving her Noodle Wale Hair Styles..

Please...😆

Edit : Reg Mona's Costumes...I loved how Simple They kept her look  ..with no Saree//Suits Promotion or weirdo Hair Styles 😆 ...Kept her True to her Character which made me Connect to her..
Edited by RollingStones - 8 years ago
Taha0023 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

In case You meet her Hair Stylist ...Please give one Tapli to that Person for giving her Noodle Wale Hair Styles..

Please...😆

Edit : Reg Mona's Costumes...I loved how Simple They kept her look  ..with no Saree//Suits Promotion or weirdo Hair Styles 😆 ...Kept her True to her Character which made me Connect to her..

I was talking about dresses of both actress. Looking for that dress designer, who designed their costumes.