Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Bala's choice of words or the intent with which he hurls these words, the relationship is only going downhill.   I felt Jas's post was nail on the head . If Bala does not want II to meddle in his matters then he has no business in poking his nose here even if he thinks he has reasons to compare with what he sees as a differential treatment , given where II's seemandham was held and now with Iyers conceding to bhallas with Nivi and even If he carries that thoughts of being deprived of vandita's presence during her time , he should have actually addressed it with Mr and Mrs. Iyer and not directly it at R&B. Too bad that Bala couldn't manage his composure that moment .

And even if he were to address it now with his inlaws it's a tad bit late for Bala, I would think so.

Errantnomad thumbnail
I was bowled over by the warmth in the previous update .
II's yearning for periappa to feel her baby's presence.
And Amma being philosophical abt it and the easy pulling between each other amongst the sisters inspite of the changed equation between the sisters, it was back to Amma , Appa and their daughters.
Parent's place is always always special and when you put your feet in there, it all comes flooding back of how much we miss those even if we are settled and happy with our own family now .

"Can I go to DII "is what II asked for which the dude firmly said "NO".

I wasn't clear if that is a just a question or request from II and I was not sure as to what II really wants here.

My thought was "Does she want to be with her Amma and Appa now or has she resigned herself to the knowledge that she will not get that. Nisha hasn't expanded on what II wants or thinks much on this" , is what my thoughts were.

Dude and MM ... MM is not his home, his words (it is the man's whom he is reluctant to address as Dad) but surely does consider MM as his golden cage if not his home and with absolute authority says to Mr.Iyer "we can take her to Malcha Marg".

Given that there's a freedom of choice for II as regard's India being the base not Paris and I do have it in my mind even as I write this that maybe ,she wouldn't have been able to exercise this choice had she married Sri ,so not sure if she should be just thankful that she has India as her base having married the dude .

Then it does seem to me that freedom is also conditional cos as far as the dude's concerned he is letting it be with II being in India as long as her base is MM.
White bird in a cage having all the freedom to flutter as long as it's in your golden cage. And this is completely exclusive of the equation / of the bond that she shares with her father in law .
Sure the bird is petted , loved , cared for beyond what one would even dream of getting, cherished for ever and life in that golden cage is great for the bird big ,spacious and clean, the bird gets all it's food without having to hunt its prey in the open but does getting all of the above really suffice for the bird
Or does the bird feel a certain sense of emptiness inspite of it's sheltered life and the abundant love received.

And as a reader these are my perplexed thoughts now and I wouldn't be questioning my own thoughts if II's base was in Paris firmly planted or if dude considered MM as his home or if II just wants to be at MM after her delivery and not at DII. In which case it's the couple's choice thrashing it out with Mr. Iyer as to what they really want to do as it's their life, Nivi their child , their's first beyond everything or anyone else irrespective of being bound by traditions that Mr. Iyer is having to use traditions forcefully as his ammunition Mr. Iyer somewhere needs to let go and stop trying micromanaging unseccessfully at that.

And after this update,it does look like II is caught between wanting both and while my thoughts are perplexed on this as a reader, I also know that the wife in II who is madly in love with her husband knows what her husband means to her and does not see herself as that bird, it's is her world now, the air her oxygen without which she will die . Tough balance for II as an extremely loving daughter and madly in love wife.

Dude and Mr. Iyer's relationship that can only be acrimonious at best for whatever reasons. But both fathers, the old and the new fighting for their daughters.

And this tale , So many reactions it evokes in me as a reader .

And this is a looong post ...
👏
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Kalpana - He definitely says it is not his home in words. But knowingly or unknowingly starts refering to it as home after wedding.  He is getting his footing back (which he lost after mom's death) even though he didn't want to accept it.

But he did inadvertently call it home on their first day of wedding -
"we will talk about "things" when we get home" he warned ... he had used "home" for Malcha Marg, the first time in 4 years..."

To him, his wife needs to be in MM if in India not DII. He is comfortable in his second floor. He wont talk to her but still want her around and enjoys the noise and chatter. Now that he has his daughter - which he believes he has more rights than Mr.Iyer, he is pushing to keep his daughter with him while Mr. Iyer is trying to keep his daughter with him for a few days.

I don't see anything wrong from dude's or even Bala's perspective of taking wife home early. Even Bala wanted Vandu back to Munirka before 2 months for Navarathri. We all thought it is not fair since he has to manage new born, her elder son, 3 oldies and work. So we even villainized Bala to a certain extent. 

Your bird analogy is also to a certain extent villainizing R&B. I am not sure about that. Caged bird vs free bird - Or is it protected bird vs vulnerable bird ? I see it as a new life in MM for Ranjan and R&B - they want, infact need that in their home. It is as simple as that. They will do whatever it takes to keep that new life close to them. They are blinded by that and not thinking from II's viewpoint or Iyer's viewpoint. 

The moment when R&B told the baby news to Ranjan seals that they both want this more than anybody else. A person to fill Savitha's void - a Bhalla bloodline  
"R&B sat down by his Dad after the longest time... as both men stared out the balcony... wordlessly" 

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

I was bowled over by the warmth in the previous update .
II's yearning for periappa to feel her baby's presence.
And Amma being philosophical abt it and the easy pulling between each other amongst the sisters inspite of the changed equation between the sisters, it was back to Amma , Appa and their daughters.
Parent's place is always always special and when you put your feet in there, it all comes flooding back of how much we miss those even if we are settled and happy with our own family now .

"Can I go to DII "is what II asked for which the dude firmly said "NO".

I wasn't clear if that is a just a question or request from II and I was not sure as to what II really wants here.

My thought was "Does she want to be with her Amma and Appa now or has she resigned herself to the knowledge that she will not get that. Nisha hasn't expanded on what II wants or thinks much on this" , is what my thoughts were.

Dude and MM ... MM is not his home, his words (it is the man's whom he is reluctant to address as Dad) but surely does consider MM as his golden cage if not his home and with absolute authority says to Mr.Iyer "we can take her to Malcha Marg".

Given that there's a freedom of choice for II as regard's India being the base not Paris and I do have it in my mind even as I write this that maybe ,she wouldn't have been able to exercise this choice had she married Sri ,so not sure if she should be just thankful that she has India as her base having married the dude .

Then it does seem to me that freedom is also conditional cos as far as the dude's concerned he is letting it be with II being in India as long as her base is MM.
White bird in a cage having all the freedom to flutter as long as it's in your golden cage. And this is completely exclusive of the equation / of the bond that she shares with her father in law .
Sure the bird is petted , loved , cared for beyond what one would even dream of getting, cherished for ever and life in that golden cage is great for the bird big ,spacious and clean, the bird gets all it's food without having to hunt its prey in the open but does getting all of the above really suffice for the bird
Or does the bird feel a certain sense of emptiness inspite of it's sheltered life and the abundant love received.

And as a reader these are my perplexed thoughts now and I wouldn't be questioning my own thoughts if II's base was in Paris firmly planted or if dude considered MM as his home or if II just wants to be at MM after her delivery and not at DII. In which case it's the couple's choice thrashing it out with Mr. Iyer as to what they really want to do as it's their life, Nivi their child , their's first beyond everything or anyone else irrespective of being bound by traditions that Mr. Iyer is having to use traditions forcefully as his ammunition Mr. Iyer somewhere needs to let go and stop trying micromanaging unseccessfully at that.

And after this update,it does look like II is caught between wanting both and while my thoughts are perplexed on this as a reader, I also know that the wife in II who is madly in love with her husband knows what her husband means to her and does not see herself as that bird, it's is her world now, the air her oxygen without which she will die . Tough balance for II as an extremely loving daughter and madly in love wife.

Dude and Mr. Iyer's relationship that can only be acrimonious at best for whatever reasons. But both fathers, the old and the new fighting for their daughters.

And this tale , So many reactions it evokes in me as a reader .

And this is a looong post ...
👏

Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
Jas that bird analogy is critical of R&B I know. In fact Ranjan bhalla is only all the time trying to balance between his son and Mr.Iyer.
But left to R&B he would want II and Nivi in Paris and the reasons are pretty obvious .
He takes off to Paris Cos of his work and also because he has been a preferred loner and it was mentioned in one of the updates that he also gets away to come bk getting his batteries recharged while in Paris .

And II also surely must feel the need to go to DII to sort of recharge her batteries in that way given that she sees MM as her home now
But more often than not she only gets to hear a no.

avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Kjolovesbabies

Imagine dude standing behind and turning green seeing wifey enjoying with her daddy 😆 😛 then appa would win and have that smug smile on his face 😉 😛

Hahahahahhaha Kajaalll that will be amazinggg!😆😆😉  Isnt that adorableee in that case, ogling at ur playful wifey!?😉😳
Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: avni_19

Hahahahahhaha Kajaalll that will be amazinggg!😆😆😉 Isnt that adorableee in that case, ogling at ur playful wifey!?😉😳

Oh my God it just dawned on me that kajal is talking abt the smug smile that dude had after bringing his wifey home content seeing her in the place he wanted her to be that is by his side.
Ya sure the dude would be green 😆 .
But II hiding behind her dad after fighting with her sister and Amma commenting that her both girls need to grow up. Adorable.

And I was wondering why that title third and thirty.
And when I got that, I thought the title's simplicity was as striking as the content of the update.

jaschick thumbnail
Sure true. Left to him - he will vanish with "his things".  He is in no way near perfect. You and I know from 20+ years of relationship - HOT is not HOT after sometime 😆.  He is a passive aggressive character. His way or highway on "things" of his interest; rest he doesn't care and will be politically correct.

Jas that bird analogy is critical of R&B I know. In fact Ranjan bhalla is only all the time trying to balance between his son and Mr.Iyer.
But left to R&B he would want II and Nivi in Paris and the reasons are pretty obvious .
He takes off to Paris Cos of his work and also because he has been a preferred loner and it was mentioned in one of the updates that he also gets away to come bk getting his batteries recharged while in Paris .

And II also surely must feel the need to go to DII to sort of recharge her batteries in that way given that she sees MM as her home now
But more often than not she only gets to hear a no.

jaschick thumbnail

Oh my God it just dawned on me that kajal is talking abt the smug smile that dude had after bringing his wifey home content seeing her in the place he wanted her to be that is by his side.
Ya sure the dude would be green 😆 .
But II hiding behind her dad after fighting with her sister and Amma commenting that her both girls need to grow up. Adorable.

And I was wondering why that title third and thirty.
And when I got that, I thought the title's simplicity was as striking as the content of the update.

Oh my - that will be a sight for R&B to go green. Mr.Iyer holding his daughter and his wife hiding behind her Appa 😉
jaschick thumbnail
Bye girls for now ... Mom duty calls !

Kalpana - Super Review ⭐️
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Kalpana Suria and Kajal very deep analysis each of you has made.