Rizwaan Ahmed Khan - Real in a Fake World OR Fake in a Real world?

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
So as i mentioned earlier, everything i read nowadays connects me to Rizwaan and Preet, sometimes to both of them individually and sometimes together. Today what i read made me ponder about Rizwaan Ahmed Khan. Yet again. Made me think about his existence. 

YOU, He said, "Are a terribly real thing, in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in SO much pain" 

There is no dispute on Rizwaan's painful life. His life has been painful since the age of 6 and the downpour of pain hasn't stopped. Not even for a single day. He has endured pain like a rock solidmountain which did not tremble or move. 

The threshold of his pain, however has now reached a new high, as he is deliberately stabbing preet with bleeding wounds, thus as an after effect, his buried fears have crept up and made way to his mouth in deep slumber. 

So why this much pain for Rizwaan? Why? 

According to this quote a real person in this false world is the one who endures pain. 

So may question is .. what do we consider Rizwaan? A real person in this fake world? Or a fake person in the real world of Hoodas and Terrorism? 

At this point, the discussion of him being ishaan is not very relevant in my point of view because he has completely shed off the shell of Ishaan he was wearing. Except for a fake pretense, he is out of the emotional dilemma of behaving like Ishaan or Rizwaan. He is clear cut out in the open Rizwaan Khan now. 

He is taking decisions as Rizwaan. He is clearly thinking about his moves and is planning his departure and all that he wants to do before he leaves as Rizwaan. 

So now as Rizwaan is out in the open (how brilliantly did the writers brought him out 👏) the question arsies - is rizwaan fake or real? 

He is in pain, and as this quote describes the reason is because he is REAL in a fake world. 

What is your take on this people? 

Who is Rizwaan? and why is he in SO much pain? Is he a Fake in a real world? Or real in a fake world? 

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again?

Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me?
Edited by Fantasia. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

giaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very interesting question.
Many psychological studies say that our core personalities are formed by the age of 5 or 6. In Rizwans case this was when he was with his parents. From them he imbibed his basic values, a sincerity, an honesty and a sense of loyalty.

As we age the extended society begins to add layers to our core values. When our parents continue to guide us often they steer us back to our 'family values' but in Rizwans case this outer shell was formed by Baba and his manipulations. 

So when Ishan came to the Hoodas his 'core' family values came to the forefront once again. Ishan & Rizwan are not different individuals just different aspects of the same person. The inner child is a sincere , loyal, hard working and loving person. but the outer adult facade that he has been wearing to appease his adoptive guardian is guilt ridden and duty bound and a manipulator like molded in the image of his guardian. 

In my view Rizwan is a real caught in a fake world... Which was fine... Until he rediscovered his real seld with the Hoodas... Now he's conflicted. 

giaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: giaa

Many psychological studies say that our core personalities are formed by the age of 5 or 6. In Rizwans case this was when he was with his parents. From them he imbibed his basic values, a sincerity, an honesty and a sense of loyalty.

As we age the extended society begins to add layers to our core values. When our parents continue to guide us often they steer us back to our 'family values' but in Rizwans case this outer shell was formed by Baba and his manipulations. 

So when Ishan came to the Hoodas his 'core' family values came to the forefront once again. Ishan & Rizwan are not different individuals just different aspects of the same person. The inner child is a sincere , loyal, hard working and loving person. but the outer adult facade that he has been wearing to appease his adoptive guardian is guilt ridden and duty bound and a manipulator molded in the image of his guardian. 

In my view Rizwan is a real caught in a fake world... Which was fine... Until he rediscovered his real self with the Hoodas... Now he's conflicted. 

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

So when Ishan came to the Hoodas his 'core' family values came to the forefront once again. Ishan & Rizwan are not different individuals just different aspects of the same person. The inner child is a sincere , loyal, hard working and loving person. but the outer adult facade that he has been wearing to appease his adoptive guardian is guilt ridden and duty bound and a manipulator like molded in the image of his guardian. 

In my view Rizwan is a real caught in a fake world... Which was fine... Until he rediscovered his real seld with the Hoodas... Now he's conflicted. 

What a wonderful compact reply gia. You should definitely write more often. 

Your perspective of child physiology coming into play and shaping up a personality is very relevant. It is true in rizwaan's case that with the soft nature thatt he was born and the upbringing of parents took a back seat while all that hatred was being fed to him, and again when he came in contact with the HOODA family began to resurface, thus the conflicts. 

I love your last line! absolutely love it, 

it was fine to survive as a real person in a fake world until and unless you are unaware of your own reality. It is easier to carry our the survival on the unconscious level, but now that he WANTS to love that family, protect them and his fake world and his so called identity wont let him .. thus his pain is increasing. He is paying the price of having a heart among heartless people, and then allowing it to beat .. 
Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I would compare Rizwaan Khan with a Diamond... It shines.. But you don't know if it's fake or real.. It's facets cut so brilliantly that it's reality or fakeness is hidden from you.. I would compare this world to a ring...it shInes but you don't know if it fake or real... 

Rizwaan is such a diamond that tries to fit perfectly into such a ring... By looking at the diamond you may not know it's authenticity but by the way it is fitted into the ring gives away it truth... 

It is said that the world is a 'Maya' an 'Illusion'.. It is real from a being point of view but an illusion from the soul point of view... Nothing is as it seems.. Reality and fakeness so jumbled together that it becomes difficult to distinguish... 

Rizwaan always says "whatever was close to my heart was always taken away from me..I could never reach it" that's 'Maya' for you... The real Rizwaan speaking about fitting in a fake world of Maya...trying to reach what was not meant for him.. This world was never meant for him.. For him it is fake.. That's the reason when he said "mere Ruhu par tumhara haq hai" it sounded like the ultimate truth... And it was.. Rizwaan's being is 'Nashwar'...ie 'mortal'... Fake...But his Soul remains immortal... Real... to love without boundaries and beyond existence...

But even when we call the world 'Maya' ...Fake...it does not spare the real.. ie the Soul...  Maya plays its magic... That makes the being react And the Soul during its journey with the Being gets scarred or healed depending on the bad or good deeds of the being... 

So Rizwaan Khan according to me is a Real Spirit hidden behind a Fake Persona in this Fake world that seems Real..

Sorry.. Thoda Philosophy zyada ho gaya.. But I cannot help it.. As you said Kinza.. "These characters are making us perceive our existence from a different viewpoint..." 
idonkno thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting post, Kinza! I feel Gia has answered the question wonderfully here :)  

Rizwaan is a real person (a gray shaded man) in this world which is driven by moral principles - a code of "black and white" and its underlying metaphysical outlook on life where there is still a very little or better say no room for gray... so he has to be either 'right' or 'wrong'.. but in reality the concept of 'right or wrong' does not really exist and has been just constructed by us in order to conveniently survive in this society.. 

Edited by idonkno - 8 years ago
WOW...Interesting Topic and very Intriguing Discussion happening..
Gia's Ageing Theory and Rav's Analogy of Rizwaan being Diamond was Interesting one...

I am Amazed how this Show Its Characters ...are bringing forth the very Existence of Life Concept ...How Humans and their Thought Process are Mould .
How the Surroundings helps us to perceive an Approach towards Life and towards Relationship...

Rizwaan is REAL in a Fake World...Fake world created by his Handlers , That's why When this REAL person clashes with a REAL world ...His Ideologies are Challenged...His Perception is put on Spot ...REAL World forces him to Doubt his "Education"  per say ...and thus constant denials , guilt and Pain is Erupted .

This Makes me think...that had we got a bit more Time ...I would have Loved to know abt  Rizwaan's Growing Up Years...and Sana too..How  She got involved in this Business , what was her Story ...
Loveforlife thumbnail

The inner child is a sincere , loyal, hard working and loving person. but the outer adult facade that he has been wearing to appease his adoptive guardian is guilt ridden and duty bound and a manipulator like molded in the image of his guardian. 

THIS... the pure inner soul and the outer being that is moulded by the world..  
Edited by Loveforlife - 8 years ago
Loveforlife thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

Rizwaan is REAL in a Fake World...Fake world created by his Handlers , That's why When this REAL person clashes with a REAL world ...His Ideologies are Challenged...His Perception is put on Spot ...REAL World forces him to Doubt his "Education"  per say ...and thus constant denials , guilt and Pain is Erupted .

Tumhare in Shabdo ne mujhe phir se Plato's Analogy of the Cave ki yaad dila de.. ❤️ Uff!! some way or the other I keep coming back to it.. 

Tumhare in Shabdo ne mujhe phir se Plato's Analogy of the Cave ki yaad dila de.. ❤️ Uff!! some way or the other I keep coming back to it.. 

Hahahha...Dint same Happened with Rizwaan ...He was taken out from Cave and Put into the Real World...All his Imaginations , Reflections of the Presumed World Clashed...😆
1 2
Next
Ahmed Khan Thumbnail

Ahmed Khan