~~KSG AT 14~~ KSG AMONGST A HUGE CROWD, LAUNCH OF FOREVER 21!

Posted: 8 years ago

Karan Singh Grover (born 23 February 1982)[1] is an Indian actor and model. One of the highest-paid Indian television celebrities, he has established a career in Hindi television shows. His first television show as a lead was in Balaji Telefilms' youth show, Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi on MTV India. The turning point in his television career was the medical youth show Dill Mill Gayye through which he became a youth sensation. Grover won 2 Best Actor Popular Awards for the show Qubool Hai. In 2015 January Grover made his Bollywood debut as a lead with the film Alone. In 2015, he also featured as a lead in the film Hate Story 3. His next film 3 Dev is set to release in 2016.

Grover was born on 23 February 1982[1] in New Delhi, India to a Punjabi Sikh family.[4] He has one younger brother.[5] When Grover was young his family moved to Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.[4] He did his schooling from Dammam, Saudi Arabia, and then pursued a degree in Hotel Management from IHM Mumbai. He then worked as a Marketing Executive in the Sheraton Hotel in Oman.[4]

In 2004 he moved back to Mumbai and then pursued a career in modelling and participated in the Gladrags Manhunt Contest and won the award of the "Most Popular Model".[4] In 2013, Grover was featured at number 13 in Asia's top 50 Sexiest Men on the Planet list,[6][7][8] and ranked 12th in 2014.[9] He has been featured multiple times in Times Top 50 Most Desirable Men list. In 2010, he was at number 24, 29 in 2011, 39 in 2012,[10] 18 in 2013 and was listed number 19 in 2014.[11] In 2013 Grover was described as one of the highest paid Indian television actors.[12]

Grover began his television career with Balaji Telefilms' Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi on MTV India.[4][13] In 2007 he got the show Dill Mill Gayye, a medical youth drama.[14] The Times of India reported that Grover became an "instant hit" and a "teenage icon".[15] Grover left the show for a while, but returned after 6 months due to fan demands.[16] The show ended on 29 October 2010.[17]

Whilst shooting for Dill Mill Gayye he also participated in a few reality shows, he hosted a dance reality show called Zara Nachke Dikha,[13] contested and became a finalist in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 3)[18] and also participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.[19] Grover was also seen in advertisements of Rupa Frontline, Cleartrip.com, Indian Gem & Jewellery and Kajaria tiles.[4] Later he hosted a Channel V India show called Perfect Couple.[20] He also acted in two shows of Cinevistaas Limited; he featured in Teri Meri Love Stories,[21] and did a cameo in Dil Dosti Dance.[22]

On 29 October 2012, Grover returned to daily fiction with 4 Lions Films' Qubool Hai.[23][24] Times of India wrote that "Karan Singh Grover..is making his comeback on television after almost two years in a daily soap. And it is no mean feat for the broadcaster as they would want to give the best possible time SLOT to his show, Qubool Hai."[25] The show gained popularity pretty early becoming the number 2 show of Indian Television.[26] Grover won two Best Actor Popular Awards for his portrayal of Asad Ahmed Khan.[27][28] Grover's work at Qubool Hai ended at the end of 2013.[29]

In 2014 Grover started shooting for the Indian Film Alone which co-starred Bipasha Basu, the film was announced on July 2014 and it released on 16 January 2015.[30][31]Grover and Basu promoted the movie at various places including Comedy Nights with Kapil.[32] Bollywood Hungama reviewed the film and wrote the following for Grover's performance "Karan Singh Grover makes a sprightly debut. He's not conscious of the camera at all. Considering he has done TV, he is high on emotional appeal. He has all the trappings of being a star."[33] Box Office India stated that Alone had the highest opening of the four major films released in its weekend.[34] According to Bollywood Hungama Alone made 19.35 crore (US$2.8 million).[35]

Grover signed T-Series' Hate Story 3 in April 2015.[36] Hate Story 3 released on 4 December 2015, International Business Times reviewed the film and wrote "Audiences say Karan Sigh Grover steals the show"[37] Oneindia (FilmiBeat) reviewed the film and wrote the following for Grover's performance "Hate Story 3 is only for Karan Singh Grover's fans as he shines throughout the film and has done rather an impressive job in the role of Saurav Singhania. While watching the film, girls were literally going crazy, whistling during his entry on the screen and we must say that his character was the best portrayed among all the lead roles."[38] The movie finished its run with making approx.55 crore (US$8.1 million).[39]In September 2015, he signed the film 3 Dev, a satirical comedy in which he would play the character of Vishnu.[40] 

In May 2015 Grover inaugurated Jack & Jones in Lucknow.[41]. In September 2015 Grover featured on the cover of Men's_Health_(magazine)[42]. In October 2015 Grover hosted a new talk show on ABP News called "Selfie" in which he narrated the story of Bollywood Stars and their struggle.[43] In the year 2015 Grover also endorsed Warrior Safety shows from Liberty Shoes brand,[44] and also became the brand ambassador of Rocky S's signature Brand RS by Rocky Star along with Bipasha Basu.[45]In 2016 February Grover participated in the Auto expo 2016 to promote UM Motorcycles, and also launched a new store of Forever 21 in New Delhi.[46][47]

Edited by ARMAANASADAT0 - 8 years ago

YearTitleRoleRef(s)
2004-05Kitni Mast Hai ZindagiArnav Deol[57]
2005Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic BagAman[58]
2005-06Kasautii Zindagii KaySharad Gupta[58]
2006-07Solhah SingaarrAbhimanyu[58]
2007ParrivaarAdhiraj Shergill[58]
2007-10Dill Mill GayyeArmaan Malik[59]
2008Zara Nachke DikhaHost[58]
2009Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3Contestant/2nd Runner Up[58]
2009Idea Rocks IndiaHost[60]
2010Fear Factor: Khatron Ke KhiladiContestant[58]
2011Perfect CoupleHost[20]
2012Teri Meri Love StoriesRaghu[21]
2012Dil Dosti DanceProfessor Karan Mallik[22]
2012-13Qubool HaiAsad Ahmed Khan[61]
2014Star Masti Holi Gulaal KiHost[62]
2015Thank You MaaParticipant[63]
2015SelfieHost[41]

YearFilmRoleRef (s)
2008BhramCarlson[51]
2012I M 24Aman[52]
2015AloneKabir[53]
2015Hate Story 3Saurav Singhania/Karan[54]
20163 Dev Films which have not yet been releasedVishnu[55]

KSG Best Actor at Gold Awards

x

KSG Best Actor Popular at ITAA

x

Karan Singh Grover Awards:

2004 - Most Popular Model Award at Gladrags Manhunt Contest

2008 - Most Promising Newcomer Kalakar Awards for DILL MILL GAYYE

2008 - Best Jodi Zee Gold Awards for DILL MILL GAYYE

2010 - Most Fit Actor Award Zee Gold Awards

2012 - Best Bhai Zee Rishety Awards for QUBOOL HAI

2012 - Best Naya Sadasya Zee Rishtey Awards for QUBOOL HAI

2013 - Personality of the Year Indian Telly Awards for QUBOOL HAI

2013 - Best Jodi Zee Gold Awards for QUBOOL HAI

2013 - Best Actor Zee Gold Awards for QUBOOL HAI

2013 - Best Actor at 13th Indian Television Academy (ITA) Awards for Qubool Hai

2013 - Best Bhai Zee Rishtey Awards for QUBOOL HAI

2013 - Best Jodi Zee Rishtey Awards for Qubool Hai  

2014 - Most Eligible Bachelor (mysterious category)

"I love him! He is my cutie!" "He is my most favourite co-star, and is an amazing human being!" "I miss working in Dill Mill Gayye, our director always used to say that they are a bunch of mad people put together! It was my debut show and I still remember how Karan taught me how to do my very first scene as Muskaan! He taught me where to take the pauses, he taught me how to express myself and everything" - Drashti Dhami (co-star)

"I THINK KARAN IS ONE OF THE FINEST ACTORS ON TELEVISION CURRENTLY AND I WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH HIM IN THE FUTURE. I HAVE MET HIM ON THE SETS AND THINK THAT HE IS A VERY HUMBLE AND DOWN-TO-EARTH AS A PERSON. ONE WOULD EXPECT THAT SUCH POPULARITY WOULD HAVE GONE TO HIS HEAD BY NOW GIVEN THE NUMBER OF WOMEN WHO ADORE HIM; BUT THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE! HE IS DOING A FANTASTIC JOB IN THE SHOW (QUBOOL HAI). I STILL REMEMBER THAT THERE WAS A MAHA EPISODE HAPPENING  AND IN ONE OF THE SCENES ASAD  WAS SEARCHING FOR ZOYA, I LIKED THE WAY HE PRESENTED HIMSELF IN THAT SCENE. HE LITERALLY HAD TEARS IN HIS EYES. HE WAS THAT NATURAL!" - Kratika Sengar (co-star)

"I also remembered that Karan's name in one of his shows was also Armaan Malik! The uncanny coincidence also encouraged me to sing Wajah Tum Ho" - Armaan Malik (Singer)

It was a very good experience to work with him! Karan has done a wonderful job in the film! He brings a different kind of energy to the sets as he is jovial and easy to get along with. Since Karan and I had a lot of common interesting points to talk about, we gelled along really well! - Sharman Joshi

"KSG is one of the Biggest Television Superstars we have" - Ravi Dubey

"He was very sweet." - Daisy Shah

"I love Karan's fun-loving nature" - Zareen Khan

"I love Karan Singh Grover" - Radhika Madan (Ishaani from Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi)

"MY FAVOURITE PERSONALITY WOULD BE KARAN SINGH GROVER. I THINK HE IS AN AMAZING ACTOR. I HAVE WORKED WITH HIM AND FEEL THAT HE IS A VERY GOOD PERSON TOO." - Shantanu Maheshwari [co-star of KSG]

"KARAN SINGH GROVER IS THE STUFF THAT STARS ARE MADE OF-NOT A SHRED OF DOUBT ABOUT IT. HE HAS REALLY SLIPPED INTO THE SKIN OF ASAD IN QUBOOL HAI. THERE'S A CERTAIN POISE & PERSONA THAT HE GIVES TO ASAD AND THAT'S WHAT MAKE THE VIEWERS FALL FOR HIM. THAT IS HOW IT HAS BEEN A KARAN CARNIVAL IN THE Indian Televison Academy Awards POLL THIS YEAR!" - Indian Television Academy Awards 2013/GR8 MAGAZINE 

"I SHARE A GREAT BOND WITH KARAN BHAIYYA, HE TREATS ME AS HIS REAL SISTER OFF-SCREEN AS WELL. HE CARES FOR ME A LOT..." "Tamatar..it was my real nickname toh uunko pata chal geya galti se so he started calling me Tamatar the whole day. Bohat inspirational the woh. He was so dedicated to his work . Aur uunka kaam was so real." - Neha Laxmi Iyer (co-star)

"Main miss Kar rehi hoon as Asad Karan bohat zyaada, agar todhi der hum aur baat karege toh shayad hum rone lagenge but seriously we miss you so much so much so much!" 
"I ALSO WANT KSG AS ASAD, SERIOUSLY NOBODY CAN REPLACE HIM!" - Amrapali Gupta (co-star)

"I CALL HIM KARAN BHAIYA. HE IS SWEET AND GENUINE." "And sach kahoon toh I am missing you bhaiya, kyunki aisi bhaiya waali feeling yahaan pe nahin aa rehi, I really miss you! And seriously main aage bhi aapke saath kaam karna chahu gi!" - Ketki Kadam (co-star)

"Karan and I...in my 9 years of career  I have never had such amazing chemistry with anyone! We share a great rapport offscreen too! We are very close to each other! Both of us work hard..we try to justify whatever is on the script to the best of our abilities" - Vikrant Massey(co-star)

"DON'T EVEN ASK ABOUT HIS FAN FOLLOWING. THAT IS SO CRAZY! I HAVE NEVER SEEN WOMEN GO BERSERK AFTER A TELEVISION STAR" - Rishabh Sinah [co-star of KSG]

"KARAN SINGH GROVER MAKES A SPRIGHTLY DEBUT. CONSIDERING HE HAS DONE TV, HE IS HIGH ON EMOTIONAL APPEAL. HE HAS ALL THE TRAPPINGS OF BEING A STAR" - Bollywood hungama

"HIS PRESENCE IS ENOUGH TO MAKE THE FRAME LOOK GOOD" - Hrishikesh Gandhi (ex-Director of Photography Qubool Hai)

"KSG IS A CHARMER..MEN GET CHARMED BY HIM..FORGET WOMEN..I REALLY LIKE HIM..HE HAS SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE ABOUT HIM - Karan Wahi (co-star)

"I am really happy for Karan and wish him all the very best for his film Alone, which released today! And for all the projects in the future!" - Mayank Anand (co-star)

The look in his eyes always carries a constant pain thus making the character even more edgy [...] we did not have to think twice for casting Asad." - Nissar Parvez (co-producer QH, director DMG)

"I FIND KARAN SINGH GROVER VERY GOOD LOOKING. I FEEL HE IS HOT, ATTRACTIVE AND EXTREMELY Charming." - Sana Khan (Lavanya Kashyap - IPKKND)

"KARAN IN HIMSELF IS AN INSTITUTE OF ACTING!"- Palki Malhotra (creative director of DMG)

"KARAN AND I ARE GOOD FRIENDS. WHEN I WAS DOING MJHT AND HE WAS DOING DILL MILL GAYYE, WE DID A SONG SEQUENCE TOGETHER AND HAD A LOT OF FUN. I'M REALLY EXCITED TOWORK WITH HIM."- Mohit Sehgal (co-star) 

WHAT IS NEW!?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIwX37sa25U[/YOUTUBE]

KSG's FilmFare Interview January 2016

read from left to right 

Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink

.#KaranSinghGrover or #MohitRaina: Who will you vote for in #TimesMostDesirable Men'15? http://itim.es/YDa01Y 

, Mohit Raina FC, mohit raina and 5 others
Embedded image permalink
I hope all of u guys are constantly voting for KSG in times most desirable poll, please vote multiple times in a day guys! Very important!! Don't want him to lose rank or God forbid leave the list!

RULES
- please do not discuss any other actor apart from KSG
- please ignore trolls/stalkers
- please be respectful of each other and don't use any abusive words

REASONS WHY WE FANS LOVE KSG!
- Self-made person/actor/star
- Really sweet and humble with costars, fans and the media! He goes out of his way to praise his co-stars and make them feel comfortable! Regardless of whether they reciprocate or not!
- A really good and versatile actor!
- Passionate about his work
- Enthusiastic and Energetic! 
- Really HOT 
- Extremely brave, and lives his life on his own terms! Without giving a damn about what anyone has to say! 
- Because "Oye Hoye" "Ishq Haey" "Ishq waqt zaaya karne ka zariya hai" "Tu Isaq Mera" and "Wajah Tum Ho" 

please guys if u can please comment on his profile daily, it is important!

Hawwttt !
Embedded image permalink

Edited by PCee. - 8 years ago
chalo ajao sab yahan. good night for the time being. 

Abhilash Thapliyal- @abhilashthapli
This day, that year...!!!! Preciously a year back.. ;) @bipsluvurself @Iamksgofficial
Embedded image
7:34 PM - 12 Jan 2016 from Mumbai, Maharashtra
New pics (1)
Embedded image
Embedded image
Embedded image
Embedded image
6:46 AM - 12 Jan 2016