Respect an enemy transform a person- Ram

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I have always wondered why Ram didnt kill Mareecha in Vishwamitra's ashram. I have also wondered why Mareecha tries to  dissuade Ravan from going behind Sita. I guess today I got a plausible explanation why Mareecha respected Ram, why he gave up Asura life post that encounter with Ram and why he went as the golden deer knowing fully well he was going to get moksha. 
Ram the compassionate with his love has won over an asura. It was actually a beautiful scene after killing Tataka Ram doesnt feel happy. He is not celebrating, but feels sad he was forced to kill a woman. 
Viswamitra gives good explanation on why he has to fight. Then Ram shows his greatness. Asking Vishwamitra permission for doing the last rites of Tataka. 

With this Ram's shows one of the greatest principles. Yes she was their enemy. But after death what enemity. Even enemy deserves to treated with respect post the death. Their near and dear ones should get the right to perform the last rites so that the soul get moksha. I was happy that SKR didnt show the divinity of Tadaka's soul automatically joining Ram's feet. Instead they used the oppourtunity to pass on the great character and great message of Ram to respect the enemy post death. Today when bodies are mutilated, even bodies not given for performing last rites in wars because of enemity, this holds very important. Respect the dead. Allow the soul to leave the body peacefully with no enemity remaining. 

And this act of Ram it reached and Asura. Yes we may not be able to transform everyone. But transforming one ,that itself is a big task. And through compassion Ram achieved that. A Mareecha who comes to see his mother last time without even noticing Lakshman drawing out the sword is the testimony what compassion can achieve. What true greatness means. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
well said shruti ..
yes SKR today give good lesson through Ram...that after death there is no enemity left we should't loose the morality the humanity n show respect to the enemy ...
Ram is Maryada Purushottam n today he again showed his grt side ...y he is grt...cause he is brave yet he has humble he is warrior but he is human being...
today through SKR they showed even there is enemy enemity but after death everything end...
the conversation between Ram Lakshman showed it...
indeed Ram touched the heart n soul of Mareech 
yes everyone can't change but if one..
Today Rishi Vishwamitra said that  if  human have this kind of humanity then world will be at peace ...
sigh today we lost n losing the humanity ...
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Humanity we have indeed lost it. Full of prejudce n ignoring wisdom.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
after death there is no friend or enemy, everyone is equal after it, then mentaining enimity after death is futile, this was rama's lesson.
Arshics thumbnail
Rama at every step of the way shows the righteous path, the way he thinks always with love, kindness and empathy is an inspiration for us and an ideal to aspire to. 
Rama's only reason to kill her was to stop her deadly plans, after he made every effort of dialogue and making her see reason. 

And once she died, he held no anger towards her, she would not be able to hurt anyone anymore, then he treated her with the same deference and respect that he accorded to every human being 
Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The message from episode was beautiful.
But
Can I forgive ??? I asked myself!!!
Answer is NO

For me even though kasab was hanged after years, our jurisdiction had failed.
It failed again by letting go of the juvenile who was inhuman towards nirbaya.
Kasab randomly played with his fire arm not caring who was in his line of fire. A sadist 
Same with nirbaya killers. Their mental maping can never be changed.
He is more or less free. But he will do what he did again and again. 
Unforgivable acts.
I cannot forget nor forgive any of those who terrorised MUMBAI and took away dear ones and injured for life emotionally and physically of many.
The nirbaya rapist's needed to be hanged to death.

My pov. If admins want to delete this comment they may do so. 

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
har koi toh ram nahi ho saktaa, hai naa?
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayvenk

The message from episode was beautiful.

But
Can I forgive ??? I asked myself!!!
Answer is NO

For me even though kasab was hanged after years, our jurisdiction had failed.
It failed again by letting go of the juvenile who was inhuman towards nirbaya.
Kasab randomly played with his fire arm not caring who was in his line of fire. A sadist 
Same with nirbaya killers. Their mental maping can never be changed.
He is more or less free. But he will do what he did again and again. 
Unforgivable acts.
I cannot forget nor forgive any of those who terrorised MUMBAI and took away dear ones and injured for life emotionally and physically of many.
The nirbaya rapist's needed to be hanged to death.

My pov. If admins want to delete this comment they may do so. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with your post! Or your views. There are some people in whose actions we can never see anything to forgive. 

Well I think the message was same in this episode too, Rama doesn't forgive Tadaka, nor does he let her go! Her end was the only possible solution and he brings that about. 

Swift justice, and without any second thought. Only after her death does he stop, and that too, to let go of his anger because now that she is no longer there, the reason to hate her is also dead. 

Rama will kill again and again, and dispense justice where needed, but he will not do it out of vengeance. 

The reason why we can't forgive Nirbhaya's killer is because, I feel that law hasn't still given him his due punishment, he has been let off some lightly and will be walking the streets again, and. So naturally, our anger against his gruesome act has still not been assuaged. 

He has been let off too lightly, and it's a failure of our legal system! 

As for kasab, as long as we allow politicians and narrow religeous fundamentalists to make heroes out of terrorists, people like kasab will keep doing their acts of terror! Again the two things Rama doesn't do - he doesn't delay justice, with focus and single mindedness he dispenses justice and then doesn't spread the hatred. He infact extends an olive branch to Tadakas sons. 

In present context, Nirbhaya's rapists needed to be given death penalty, and swiftly, and yet their family needs sympathy. 
Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@jayashree there is nothing wrong in your post. I feel the same about Kasab and other merciless criminals. The maternal instincts in me too cried with the mother of Nirbhaya when the juvenile was let free that too with a new identity. 
But look at Arshics post. She has mentioned beautifully the difference between Ram's action and the action against criminals in our society. 

Ram dispensed justice by killing Tadaka. And he is extending the olive branch in such a way so that the hatred doesnt spread. 
To know this better I guess we should see Bali Vadh. If you see Angad is the commander in chief of Ram's army. How did the son of Bali went to support his father's kller. We need to ponder. 

Yesterday a glimpse of that compassion was shown which put the enemity between 2 individuals and did not allow it to fester. 

Whereas today's judicial system, politicians and the so called human activists want to protect the criminals. Instead of trying to protect the victim's family, rehabilitate criminal's family. Peace pact bought between victim's family and criminal's family so that the criminal's act doesnt affect the next generation, but at the same time criminal is punished for his acts.  
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
As usual very beautiful post.
After death no one is our enemy or our friend.
We need to let them depart away peacefully...

Beautiful message given by the show