I am frightened but not a coward- Mandavi

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
There were many aspects in today's episode and I was wondering what to take. When I did an analysis everything else except Mandavi's stance has been nothing exceptional and mostly known. Sita's reaction for going to vishwamitra asharam was expected. Dasrath's putra moh and his answers were also expected. 
But who stood apart in today's epi was Mandavi and I decided to delve more on her character. Yes Mandavi is a  girl who is happy in secure surroundings. She doesnt like much to explore. Safety of the palace and the comforts associated with it is enjoyed by this girl. She is mostly like a social butterfly. Anything chaos she will like to go from there. Because she prefers happiness, she prefers pleasantness. 
But when her sisters decided to stay back she tells one thing. You do all the good things and take credit and nothing for me. The fact that she is frightened doesnt mean she wont stand with her sisters. if her sisters are there the girl has the confidence to beat any fear. 

And isnt what Mandavi told true. Sita walked with her husband to the forest she is great. Urmila allowed her husband to go to forest she is greater. What about Mandavi. Have we ever thought about her. Ardhangni of Bharat at whose disposal the entire wealth of palace was there, had the oppourtunity to become the queen, who was with her husband and this woman decided to abide by her husband's decision to live a austere life in the palace. If Bharat was able to do his duties towards the kingdom living the same life as Ram in the palace would he have been able to do it without her cooperation. 
Seeing her one sister in forest and other living without her husband if she didnt had the same feeling of compassion towards her sisters like her husband could Bharath have been an ideal brother or ideal king till Ram's return. 

And living the life of austerity in the palace demands much more mind control than in the forest because there are so many distractions. For once I want to salute Mandavi the silent character of Ramayana, but when you think she has really played a significant role in the protection of dharma and also in keeping the family together
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tuna_star thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Absolutely agree with ur post... I have always wanted to know more about sita's sisters... This show nd ur posts r helping me with that... :)
Arshics thumbnail
Well said Shruthi, the 4 sisters were the each remarkable in their own rights 
Bharat has been idolised for being an ideal brother and for ruling Ayodhya as a caretaker King, but you are right without mandvis support it would not have been possible 

The four sisters also had genuine love for each other, and were very conscious of their responsibility. I think as they grew up in Mithila under Janak and Sunayna they imbibed the sanskars of Janak and Sunayna and not the emotional aggression of Chandrabhaga ! 
Swatsu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
A very interesting take on the episode Shruthi. Agree with your views as well.Actually it is always interesting to delve into the mindset of the lesser known characters .
I liked your take on yesterday 's epi as well.When need arises one needs to forget rivalry and look forward to working together and that was shown in the interaction between Vashistar and Vishwamithrar.
Alas I wish the same spirit was exhibited in the recent floods in Chennai by the politicians!!!!

Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hii Shruthi! I 've pretty much been a silent reader of all the reviews posts in here. Probably coz I m lazy enough to type. :P As always, another wonderful post by you! :)

The topic of the sisters is what got me to put out my thoughts as well! In all honesty, I did not like the part where the sisters, especially Urmila, not willing to be with Sita. I m somewhat unable to digest her portrayal as an ignorant princess. She was the same Urmila who had wholeheartedly supported her husband's decision during the crisis, and if I recall it correctly, she had asked promises from him with regards to the safety of Sita and Rama. (I may as well be wrong here, plz do correct me). But then, I hope the CVs grow her character with time, and not showcase her maturity spontaneously.

Mandavi's stance today, symbolized her stance in the future. I m actually hoping for the hopeless here. I wish to watch how the 3 sisters and the two bros tackle the situation in Ayodhya post the departure of R,S, & L, coz none of the Ramayana soaps till this date has highlighted that part of the story. Creative liberties on those front would not be bad. 
shruthiravi thumbnail
@swatsu today tragedies are used to score political points in the media discussions. As I understand it is the common people of chennai and the Indian army, airforce and navy that stood up once again in saving the lives, rising to the occasion.
@Anu Urmila cannot be with Sita. Because Urmila has to take the burden Sita was supposed to take in Ayodhya. To take care of the family. Urmila has to be the nurturer back home along with her MIL Sumitra. Because Mandavi as standby Queen and Sruthakeerthi as her support system will be looking more into the kingdom. Like you I also want to see Ayodhya post the vanvass. No Ramayan has dealt into this area and it will be wonderful to see it. Urmila as a character I see her as a prankster jo sabko khel khel mein dard dethi hai. But the one who takes one of the greatest pain in future. 
Yes Arshics because they grew up together, the bond between them became stronger.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
willina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
BRILLIANT POST !!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
LOVING THE CHARACTER MANDAVIπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
SWEEBILLI thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wow ...such a nice analysis...yes sisters and brothers are all united...
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Oh, today I thought Vishwamitra seeing Ram will be your pick.

Coming to the topic, for me, it was like MB have many important characters through which various morals are delivered whereas Ramayan was more about Ram-Sita and the dharm-adharm associated with them. But its really nice to know about other characters who equally played a significant role in establishing the dharma.

I sort of disappointed with SP MB which was much distorted from what we generally believed but here the CV's very nicely pointed this as Siya ke Ram and not Ramayan. Now I what to know how sita and her sisters really handled the situation which they are forced to face.

Yes, we say Ram, Laxman, Bharath and Shatrughna as Vishnu, adishesha, panchajanya shankha and sudharsana chakra. Then their better half should be equally special. When Sita is the avatar of Lakshmi, my doubt is who were urmila, mandavi and shrudhkriti?
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya I did think about the scene you mentioned and as I said in my post I was debating, but Mandavi's line made me take that πŸ˜ƒ. 
Yes SPs MB was distorted but I was not that disappointed because it did delve into certain areas and answered certain questions of mine through Krishna. 
And yes I also like to know along with lakshmi who was born as her sisters. I guess this information is somewhat missing.