Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RedGarnet thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Beautiful update and an awesome title Nisha! All our parents would have felt the same when we had our babies.

The update reminds me of my own valaikkappu and seemandham 15 years back - it was held in the last leg of my pregnancy after my parents arrived. And I delivered my son the next morning itself. It was a long ritual and quite exhausting. Jas was with me throughout the ritual. She teases me even now that the way the priest made me do all those namaskarams made me deliver early - 2 weeks earlier than the due date. BTW we both were pregnant at the same time with same due date - she delivered 2 weeks later than the due date. πŸ˜†

Kajal

I believe the custom of wearing bangles during this ceremony is to infuse sounds and music to the baby in the womb. Nowadays pregnant women are asked to play music and read to the babies in the womb.
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful update Nisha...was waiting to read about the detailed rituals of the ceremony. 
Loved Manny standing up for her brother...and dude taking pics of his beautiful wife ...the attention to the year drop

Waiting for more words between appa And Dude...
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
II's fav ammunition...🀣...lying but it's so sweet of her. Really want to know why Vandu came lateπŸ˜•
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nandu n shravu climbing the same malai mandir 10 times and appa & bhallas (mainly our dude) climbing 'who is the sole owner of II' mountain 100 times!!!vandu...kidilam!!🀣
And taking the two girls( lekshmi's girls n bhalla girls) with them to accompany!!πŸ˜† πŸ‘ Edited by ishruhi - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ad nauseam
Unpleasant things dont come to an end when we want it to. Manya and Appa were seeking each other out to argue and question each other
Appa went off to round up the kids Manya went away to do arti, watched II's godh bharai
 with appam (a rice flour-jaggery banana-deep fried donuts) and kozhakattai (modak) tied into her aanchal

Sam asked Amma a million questions at times making Amma lose track of who she was talking to and start answering in Tamil

Janaki Athai and Vandu stepped in to explain where Amma couldnt it

The Bhallas had brought their video guy and photographer

The temple looked like Kamal'sdaughter was getting married or something, in fact ACP South was invited too, along with ACP Central
The cop cars and pilot cars jammed the tiny lane outside the rickety templegates, and the Munirka Ring Rd (Olaf Palme Marg)

"She cannot raise a baby alone and focus on her job and her love for singing" Appa said bluntly

"She doesnt have to, hes made more trips to India in the last year than the previous five years combined" Manya shot back

"Its nothing to celebrate I say, she is his wife, if he doesnt visit during the first year after marriage when will he?"

"He owns a company Uncle" Manya was furious

"Maybe he should have given it more thought" Appa said bluntly, not happy at all when he visualized II being home alone in MM with the baby 6 months down the road

Akka was inscrutable

she had a confrontation of sorts with Amma, two days ago actually, on March 2nd? 3rd?

"Is Appa going to make all the Malai Mandir arrangements?" she had asked shocked

"Ur MIL has barely returned from the hospital, Janaki Athai's hubby and Appa dont see eye to eye, we dont have sons, so yes" Amma said firmly

"Appa wants to do everything grandly no" Vandu blurted

"Vandu" Amma warned

"We cannot constantly play catch up with the Punjabis Ma"

"We are not competeing Vandita" Amma was offended

"Enakku kovil la panninela?" (Did u arrange for me at the temple?)

There!!!

There was a long pause, Selvi summoned Amma to say Periappa had soiled his veshti as the new
nurse did gujaals (Tamil slang for sex talk) with his GF in the balcony

amma hung up and didnt call Akka back

When Appa returned home and they could tide over Periappa's crisis Amma found a quiet moment to tell Appa, Akka "might be unhappy"

Appa refused to believe it

But got his own preview when he called Bala to talk about some guy in Madurai through whom he had ordered 20 dozen bangles from the Meenakshi Temple

Bala's cousin was goingt o ship it from Chennai

Appa's brothers were "too busy" to go down to Madurai from Tanjore

"Ur knee is bothering you, Periappa is perpetually sick, why are you doing this Pa the kovil is still cold and foggy in the mornings, the steps will be slippery"

"Umm... terrace is too small, I called Mr Ranjan, he expects 500 people, son's wife is pregnant.. no?" Appa explained

"We " Akka stopped

"Vandu..." Appa spoke too

"Kovil (temple) umm..." Akka wanted to be unhappy but when she thot of II wasnt able to muster up resentment
In her own inner struggle she ended up not showing up last night March 5th

Back to Appa and Manya...

"He will be here until the baby" "So let her be in C Puri"

"Your father said he will go and come back" Appa called Manya's bluff
Manya struggled to come up with a snarky retort

Sam noticed them talking and smiled amused, unawares whats was being conversed

Too many people too much noise made matters difficult

"Its a blended wedding uncle, and "

"Ms Manya, I dont approve of her being there after today's ceremony, if u will excuse me" Appa walked away

Sam found her and asked her

Manya was pissed she didnt get the last word

"Kya gup shup kar rahi thi, Uncle se" Sam winked

"I told him Ishita shud be at Malcha Marg, he rained on me like a ton of bricks

"MANYAAA!!" sam shrieked  "Tumhari banti nahi uske saath, par uske khaatir tum ladne pahunch gayi?" Sam was apalled

"Not for HER" Manya was uncomfortable.

"PLEASE!!! Aaaj to kam se kam rehne do I am sick of the hating" Sam was unforgiving
"Dimpal doesnt care to send her to D II" Manya was over confident about her stance of protecting Dimpal

"Jaan bhoojkar ladi tum Mr Iyer se?" Sam was deeply upset

Tan walked over with a angry Lasya

"Hua kya?"

"Shes gone off and told Mr Iyer we wont sent ishita to D II" sam was shocked

"Galat kiya yaar boss" Tan said to Manya

Manya hated her jeeju that minute

"DAD hain, he wud have told Mr Iyer, Mr Iyer has a major grudge against R&B, tu jaakar kaam bigaad aayi" Sam was distraught

"Tell me abt it... he still thinks its a bad idea dimpal married her" Manya mocked

"US maamle mein tumhari allegiance hai" Sam slammed her

Manya was angrier now

"I speak my mind, I am sorry if u hate me for it" Manya was nonchalant

"THINK abt it" Sam hissed choking up "Sanjeev se jab tum separated thi, tab meri MIL ne but in kiya rehta to?"

"Not that it saved me from destruction" Manya said coldly "she was welcome to"

"SAM" Tan hissed through gritted teeth "Really?"

"Isko baat karne ki kya zaroorat thi, she hates that family and that poor girl" Sam was not mincing words

"I love my brother"

"Shut up!!" Tan said first "U two" "Stop it"!! he ordered with as much anger he could suppress

R&B looked at his siblings from a distance... Bala was explaining some new RBI lending policy

"I shud have been at D II last nite we could have talked more" R&B chuckled paying attention again to his co BIL

"We didnt stay last night, with a kid its so difficult man!!" Bala lied
R&B realized his wife words about Akka staying over was a lie... then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RedGarnet

Beautiful update and an awesome title Nisha! All our parents would have felt the same when we had our babies.

The update reminds me of my own valaikkappu and seemandham 15 years back - it was held in the last leg of my pregnancy after my parents arrived. And I delivered my son the next morning itself. It was a long ritual and quite exhausting. Jas was with me throughout the ritual. She teases me even now that the way the priest made me do all those namaskarams made me deliver early - 2 weeks earlier than the due date. BTW we both were pregnant at the same time with same due date - she delivered 2 weeks later than the due date. πŸ˜†

Kajal

I believe the custom of wearing bangles during this ceremony is to infuse sounds and music to the baby in the womb. Nowadays pregnant women are asked to play music and read to the babies in the womb.

Too funny...

It may have triggered the labor I feel too

I recalled as many rituals as possible from mine
I was in a red neck hick town not in Malai Mandir

The rituals were the same
Seems really long ago too, 17 for me
For a month or two after I would feel like there was something there, day and night it was such a heavy loadπŸ˜†
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have astorng feeling that appa gets some sort of pleasure out of jharoing customs and rituals in an attempt to win against his arch enemy RB. Not that he'll be devastated if II doesn't spend the next two months at DII, it's more like one upmanship against RB and every few months he wants to take out a new weapon from his set of Arsenal. Manya too doesn't want to leave any stone unturned to put Iyers in their place.. It's too funny really. 
These little skirmishes that happen in every family make life spicy and wonderful. How dull our lives would be if everyone behaved and every one was understanding. And Nisha you are really superb at highlighting these flaws that we as human beings seem to posses. 
And of course as usual one more please. 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Neither side has to pretend any more Shru
Shaadi ko ek saal ho gaya

In this new war there is a poignant admittance of familiarity.
You are in your best behavior with strangers
Appa hates the dude but kept his opinion to himself
But now he is vocal

Manya adores her brother, and still cannot shake the feeling II is a gold digger by taking up her brother's cause she will "give back" to the Iyers in her own way

NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Positive and negative thoughts fir this update
Positive 

Appa wants his baby be along with him and not in a huge house all alone with his enemy

Manny wants to go on war for her brother and fight for his cause even if She has to win the enemy for her brother

And Akka inspite of her inner struggle couldn't hate II's happiness and put her merry face on and walked in even while deeply upset

Negative thoughts

Appa doesn't care to ask hus daughter hee opinion before deciding anything important for her

Manya in the urge of showing how awesome she can me went ahead and ruined things for dude

Appa and manya are like every difference between dude and II's life underlined written in bold and highlighted 

Akka doesn't seem like she is genuinely happy...atleast not entirely happy

And dude seems like he smelled the rotten fish that was hudden in a crate of chameli flowers

blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Hellooo people so so so happy to be back. Trust all's well here in SoSy land.

Feels like ages.. Have missed you guys dearly.

Nisha my rock star hope life has been as good as your updates πŸ˜‰