MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

I have to admit, after the precap from the previous episode, I was afraid of what would happen at Navrang between Mithi and Raghu that would lead to Aarti's fierce maternal instincts breaking free of her threshold of tolerance.

What an interesting twist today - Raghu "playing a game", with Mithi playing her part, and Aarti unaware of the reality behind the act. That entire scene was so well done by Shraddha, Sudeep, and Dishita! Props to all 3 of them! 👏

Raghu follows Aarti to the door...and he smiles. A smile that sets Aarti on edge - she senses that something is not quite right...Realization. She rushes to the window. Raghu is already there, preempting her move, a smile on his face. The blinds close, and Aarti is shut out completely, anxious and fearful for the little girl inside.

Sudeep and Shraddha continue to amaze me with their portrayal of the most minute nuances. Aarti's dawning realization that she should not have left Mithi alone...Raghu's smile when he looks at Aarti through the window - that sent a chill down my spine. And then of course Aarti's escalating fear and her frenzied pleas for Raghu to open the door absolutely killed me. Those were the cries of a mother in distress.

Watching this scene elicited so many emotions, it was quite a turbulent experience. When Aarti collapsed against the door, helpless, my heart went out to her. When Raghu heard her cries and a smile crept across his face, I almost couldn't believe it. But it was there. His face softened just a bit. He opened the door, and as "Ayesha" rushed past him to comfort her little girl without as much as a glance in his direction, he smiled to himself. As he watched mother and daughter together, all traces of rage faded from his face. Yet again, the slightest hint of a smile...

Something inside Aarti snapped today. She has an astounding threshold of tolerance, but when it comes to people she loves, she won't let them get hurt. Especially the innocent child who is as good as her own. Her face, usually so calm, conveyed a mother's wrath today. Shaking with quiet anger, she demands, "Yeh nafrat, yeh gussa - iske liye main hoon, na?!"

What I found interesting about this particular part was that Raghu didn't say anything at first; he waited, almost as if he was curious to see what she would do or say...How far could she be pushed before she pushed back with equal force? It was heartbreaking to see her at his feet, asking him to take his anger out on her instead of Mithi. Perhaps it moved Raghu, too...Perhaps he could understand her a little, because for once, when Raghu clenched his fist in anger and ran a hand across his face like he tends to do before he loses control...for once, today, he looked at Aarti and the look on his face was not one I was expecting. His reaction was definitely not one I was expecting. He lifted Aarti up, without saying a word...and was that a smile...?

It is little things like this that keep me engaged in the story, even though I have no clue what's coming next!

Shraddha has undoubtedly grown tremendously as an actress over the past 4 years. With every show she has done with SSP, she has developed different facets of her versatility. Sudeep has always been phenomenal and beautifully understated when it comes to portraying his characters. The two of them were perfect complements in Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki, with a spontaneous, sparkling chemistry that was instantly endearing to me. Watching them together again after 3 years, seeing new aspects of their acting prowess come to the surface as they work on creating not one but two new sets of character dynamics, is nothing less than fascinating! The Sudeep-Shraddha magic is stronger than ever, and I know it will only continue to grow as this show progresses!

P.S. The music and camerawork were both fabulous in this whole sequence! I loved the use of that dramatic theme when Aarti rushed over to Mithi and embraced her, with Raghu silently watching them! As an aside, the people who decide on the precaps are doing a great job. I always end up thinking, "Oh, god! I can't wait to see what happens next!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What a beautifully written post 👏 My sentiments exactly. But I cannot express in the manner that you have!

That scene was (for me) the best I have seen in Dream Girl so far. It really stirred many emotions and as a viewer I was fully engaged due to brilliant writing and captivating performances.

For a moment it did seem as though Raghu felt something due to Aarti's reaction. He did not utter a single word after that but there was this look in his eyes that said a lot. I just love Sudeep's subtle expressions. He is a natural but underrated actor.

Aarti's outburst and blasting Raghu was awesome! I take my hat off to Shraddha. You could really feel that this was a woman defending and protecting her daughter. Great portryal of emotions! And indeed Shraddha has evolved and grown over the years.

It's so wonderful seeing these two back together onscreen 😳

And I genuinely feel that this is the best phase of the show. Others might disagree but now there is that what happens next factor. You rightly mentioned the precaps and I agree. I'm always thinking ke aage kya hoga 😆
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ..Bohemian..

What a beautifully written post 👏 My sentiments exactly. But I cannot express in the manner that you have!

That scene was (for me) the best I have seen in Dream Girl so far. It really stirred many emotions and as a viewer I was fully engaged due to brilliant writing and captivating performances.

For a moment it did seem as though Raghu felt something due to Aarti's reaction. He did not utter a single word after that but there was this look in his eyes that said a lot. I just love Sudeep's subtle expressions. He is a natural but underrated actor.

Aarti's outburst and blasting Raghu was awesome! I take my hat off to Shraddha. You could really feel that this was a woman defending and protecting her daughter. Great portryal of emotions! And indeed Shraddha has evolved and grown over the years.

It's so wonderful seeing these two back together onscreen 😳

And I genuinely feel that this is the best phase of the show. Others might disagree but now there is that what happens next factor. You rightly mentioned the precaps and I agree. I'm always thinking ke aage kya hoga 😆

Thank you so much for the kind words! 😊 

I was surprised by the turns that the first half of the episode took, so writing about that significant scene was a must! Absolutely stellar stuff. They just keep raising the bar, writing-wise, I feel...And the actors are delivering knockout performances with such consistency! 

Shraddha is such a formidable force in this show. She is THE driving force - now playing two completely different characters, both of whom are able to bring out opposite reactions in me as a viewer...And now, with Sudeep matching Shraddha at every step, he's an equally powerful force and it's overwhelming, how impressive they are.

Sudeep is an incredibly subtle and natural actor, I completely agree! Criminally underrated, he is! But he's so reliably excellent, and in a very understated manner. The way he rapidly transitions through so many emotions in each scene, often in complete silence - it leaves me awestruck every time. Before he arrived on the scene in this show, I never would have imagined that he could play a character that is simultaneously sweet, sarcastic, terrifying, and capable of evoking sympathy. But Raghu has all those aspects in many, many layers, and they truly couldn't have found a better man than Sudeep to bring that complexity to the surface.

And yes, definitely kudos to Shraddha for her performance today! I also felt like giving her a standing ovation last week, when Aarti confronted Raghu for the first time, driven almost to hysterical anger after the roadside incident. That was so amazing that I was stunned speechless! It was raw, unfettered anguish that broke free of the floodgates that day. That outburst and this one are poles apart in nature, and Shraddha's clipped tone and body language in this episode really showed how Aarti's quiet anger is just as dangerous, if not more. Raghu provoked a mother's wrath today...and I wonder what he was thinking as he watched her...

@bold: You're not the only one who feels that this phase of the show is fantastic! Granted, I didn't watch Dream Girl from the start, so I can't say anything about those initial months...But as soon as I learned that Sudeep would be returning to home turf, so to speak, I knew that his interactions with Shraddha would be worth watching! And even that has already turned out to be a massive understatement!
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Networker 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: MelodiousDreams

Something inside Aarti snapped today. She has an astounding threshold of tolerance, but when it comes to people she loves, she won't let them get hurt. Especially the innocent child who is as good as her own. Her face, usually so calm, conveyed a mother's wrath today. Shaking with quiet anger, she demands, "Yeh nafrat, yeh gussa - iske liye main hoon, na?!"

Fabulous Post... coming to post soon, But yes..!! That "Dialogue"  It was just a CHERRY!!!!

I mean, just the way she said, and its impact, ... I was stuck... and felt SOoo Bad for her... When she didn't even deserve any of it.. but well, Ayesha does... I cannot wait for Raghu to find out truth... of Aarti and Ayesha,.. and know.. how cruel has he been on her, how rough has he been... I want to see that guilt, disappointment for hurting innocent one... though completely unaware of truth 😭😭😭 Yet, I see only softer side of Aarti, after knowing "Secret" it was deep... I hope they don't drag it to a point where we feel like giving up on show, with Ayesha ruling all, and it's tooo negative..
TR25026 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
As usual after the tests,even if arti wins,,ayesha will take over.then h e r old tricks.!! Before that manav or kiran,anyone puts an end to it.it s better. 
I doubt seeing ayesha s behaviour on sets,she will b out of th a t project.arthi will play that role. Ayesha will b busy wi t h raghu,sometimes.then only may b raghu find out the real truth.
All guesses.