Breaking the barriers, Pratheeksha aur Aasha- Ram

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Today the line that caught my attention was the dialogue of Ram. His subjects will be expecting him( Mere aane ki Pratheeksha hai) but his presence is not their wish( Aasha).

So what is the difference between expectation and wish. Aur rather Pratheeksha aur Aasha. When you expect something to happen you feel happy when your exepectation is met and feel sad when it is not met.
And wish you will be happy if it is granted, but need not be that sad if it is not granted. I mean you, yourself know the chances of wish getting granted are less. But not meeting expectations really can have negative impact.

Simple thing you expect your train to be on time and you wish you had a window seat. Even if you didn't get window seat it wont affect you much if the train is on time. But even with window seat if your train is delayed for hours you will get restless. Expectation is basic minimum essential whereas wish is over and above expectation.

In every relation meeting the expectation is important. Because expectation is formed based on trust. And when expectation is not met trust is broken. Relation is broken. And that is what happened with Kaikeyi. Her expectation about Dasrath was broken. Her expectation about Raghuvansh maryada was broken.
When you break someone's expectation be ready to pay the price. Same thing with Netas. They create expectations with their election rallies and speeches. And once they get power they feel they don't need to meet those expectations.

That is what Ram wants to change. The difference in him is that he wants to meet the expectations. Someone is coming to him is because they expect him to do something. The common people of Ayodhya sees a savior in Ram because they expect the young prince will hear them, understand them. Things will change for them.
And in every action of his Ram wants to ensure this expectation is met. The prince wont lose anything if he spend few hours of his special day with common people. But that few hours will create a level of trust that cannot be un matched. No wonder entire Ayodhya was willing to go to forest along with Ram. Though he was the crown prince he was one among them.  He was not the one of elite, but he belonged to every Praja of Ayodhya.

I had always wondered not only about the clout around Netas, but the clout that happens in temples. That if you pay certain amount of money you will get one path, and if you don't pay money you will get another path. So the darshan of God is decided by money and power. Yes I have also used this exclusive lines in interest of time. But the question has bothered me. Is it right. Is it right to keep separate queues for people coming to visit God. Should the path be decided based on wealth. Is there a work around.
One of the reasons I feel very comfortable in temples in Kerala is that, there is no such queues based on money. But slowly the culture is catching up in Kerala too. But I feel this is the thought of the day.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Good topic. We are ordinary human being, once our small expectation is fulfilled we develop the next one and it turns to be our wish and in one point of time it will be our ultimate aim. Unless we are ready to accept the turned down expectations we will be in trouble.
I have a feeling that as Ram tried all the time to fulfil the expectations turned wishes of prajas, he was forced to sent SIta to forest for the same cause.
Bhakthi to god should be such that with no actual wishes, but currently we only pray god asking  to fulfil her needs. As our thought is not pure, we are heading to the state where we have to pay to see god in temples. I agree its a wrong practice in almost all temples to have separate queues. But if we people are actually good, won't we have dharshan without hurdles?
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya yes I agree to you on expectation. The level of expectation keeps on increasing. As Maryada Purushottam Ram tried to meet all expectations.
Maybe it was easy for the child, easy for the teenager, even easy for the man wandering in the forest. But when the actual power came, somewhere the burden of expectations and the need to balance them out took its toll.

See the problem I find with different queues in temples is that, people don't have patience. It is literal stampeded in many famous temples. Add to that priests catching you by arms and pushing you away. I personally prefer to go to nearby temple and pray where the atmosphere is much calm.
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
lovely post
 from yesterday epi one the thing got
if our wishes meet without expectation then...we can't wish or expect from mere moral ppl but we can wish from GOD..
being Narayan's incarnation Shri Raam showed this...
Sec for human there is upper lower division through cast n creed...money power but for GOD all r one...
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ramya yes I agree to you on expectation. The level of expectation keeps on increasing. As Maryada Purushottam Ram tried to meet all expectations.

Maybe it was easy for the child, easy for the teenager, even easy for the man wandering in the forest. But when the actual power came, somewhere the burden of expectations and the need to balance them out took its toll.

See the problem I find with different queues in temples is that, people don't have patience. It is literal stampeded in many famous temples. Add to that priests catching you by arms and pushing you away. I personally prefer to go to nearby temple and pray where the atmosphere is much calm.

@bold: Its true shruthi. But if u go to some divya desam in the interior part, there it wont be much crowded apart from festival times and the treatment there is much better. They wont ask u to pay money unlike certain famous temples. Any volunteer will accompany the people and explain the significance of the god and the temple construction.  If u feel like honouring him, then u can give money. I like these temples where the god idol is in black stone and oil marks on the walls with no artificial decorations.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Krishna God understands people's expectations and he prefers to be in their midst than. Among people who genuinely care for him. Whose love is more pure than the ones who have come to show their love for him.
I don't know whether you have watched a movie Nandanam or the tamil remake of it. If possible watch it with English sub titles. It is a very beautiful movie.
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
shruthi Truly ...
nope but will see it definitely...I will try it...
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic message Shruti didi😃