Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Folks,

How have you all been?

I am back to forum after a break from the show and a total break after the Chennsi floods. I am safe and fine. But lives have been lost and thousands of families have been totally washed off their belongings with only the four walls gaping at them.

I am into a bit of relief work and watching it at close quarters brings this ghory state toght in front of md and it is heart wrenching. Imagine you have been watching TV with your family over a dinner and within minutes you see water raising up to even 8 feet and flooding every bit of your house, and sweeping away all your precious belongings while you flee for your lives. In some places it has been 25feet of flooding, two floors under water.

Rehab of so many families is the looming task now. And the awesome spirit of Chennai comes into play. As an army official said there are more volunteers than the victims. So many good hearts are reaching to so many families and helping them to get back to their pre flood stages.
Almost every other road had a kitchen rolling out packets of food that any victim only had to say that one thing that never failed was three meals a day with so many in the city setting up kitchens to feed the many mouths. Add to this all the relief material being supplied by many good hearts across yhe country. truck loads of material wete pouring in. to the extent victims started saying we have enough enough.

Now likewise rehab has started on a full swing with so many pitching, its not just chennai across the country. That's our National Spirit! Proud to be an Indian.

Jai Mathrubhoomi!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

Awesome post 😃