Is reducing kiss scene justified in new Bond movie?

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 8 years ago
I can't understand wats so much fuss in dat kiss no matter how much its long? Censor Boards even reduced some kissing, swearing n other bold scenes in hindi movies. If they think dat such scene swill spoil d audience why d hell they don't ban n censor most of d TV serials which has horrible scenes n stories in them? Just cuz they don't have kissing scenes they think dat showing those stupid n regressive shows r okay wen those shows r actually ruining even educated people's minds in worse ways. Do u really think dat reducing dat kissing scene is justified in Bond movie Spectre?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deepthought thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

I can't understand wats so much fuss in dat kiss no matter how much its long? Censor Boards even reduced some kissing, swearing n other bold scenes in hindi movies. If they think dat such scene swill spoil d audience why d hell they don't ban n censor most of d TV serials which has horrible scenes n stories in them? Just cuz they don't have kissing scenes they think dat showing those stupid n regressive shows r okay wen those shows r actually ruining even educated people's minds in worse ways. Do u really think dat reducing dat kissing scene is justified in Bond movie Spectre?

Perhaps the film censor board should stop playing nanny to the Indian public. Give the film a certificate indicating what age group it is suitable for and leave the public to decide ther merits or otherwise of the film. BTW some the recent skimpy outfits and gyrating engaged in by some actors in Bollywood films is imo way more offensive and degrading than any kiss no matter how long.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

yes... first of all most kissing scenes in american movies are unnecessary and stupid.. in their timing.. they set wrong precedence in values and role models - that if a man meets a woman he would try and kiss her in next 5-10 minutes...i am all for censoring stupidity!!!
Edited by qwertyesque - 8 years ago
Deepthought thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

There are so many contentious things you've said in your post that I don't know where to start criticising. 

What you consider unnecessary others might call realism in depicting how humans who are physically attracted to each other behave. 

What do you mean set a wrong precedence? You want to go back to the old Bollywood ways of pretending people don't kiss or showing the back of kissing couple's heads? You wish to bound other by your moral values? And what if others don't hold your moral values. I say again,by concentrating on the kissing you miss the point about the sexually provocative attire and movements in some of the latest films. I'm not passing judgement in the sense of saying it should be banned or not shown - just that you need to get your priorities  correct.

It's time the film censors treated the audience as grown ups. India the land of the Kama Sutra, naked statues etc and people pretend to be scandalised by mere kissing. Give me a break!!!

qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepthought

Think about it. We discovered KS and still dont do french kissing.. for a simple reason cause that is disgusting.. seriously - dont get carried away by american movies..most often they are stupid.. sometimes hand holding is way too connecting than anything else...sorry but  most women in india dont floss and neither do men.. you know how this kiss becomes awful!!!!

Its not just moral values... just hygiene... now frankly i am small minority since most india is enamoured by hollywood too much.. but thats ok!

Lastly its not about your and mine moral values.. they are generally at the national level. and have to be uniform to be all emcompassing.. they didnt say people cant kiss each other.. all they say is people cant be mass exposed...to some of these things.lingering kisses,,. and thats fine.. your argument can even justify po*n!!!!
Edited by qwertyesque - 8 years ago

Deepthought thumbnail

You now speak on behalf of all Indian, do you? 

Your narrow minded, moralistic attitude also suggests you know little about human sexual behaviour and foreplay. The Americans did not invent sex, or add anything to whast humans have been doing for thousands of years. Don't hide behind or attempt to use the silly hygenie argument to justify your position. Sex is not a particularly tidy process!  It is clear that you are determined to push your own personal morals values onto other adults who are perfectly capable of making their own decisions about such matters. I notice you failed to address any of the points I put you in my previous post! 

qwertyesque thumbnail

ok answering point by point.. 

qwertyesque thumbnail
Deepthought thumbnail

I remain totally unimpressed by what you've written. You confuse morality with nationality. I made the point earlier that what many Indians are confused and have conflicting attitudes to morality when we pretend to be outraged and yet have naked statues we revere, and a holy book (Mahabarata) that presents a very different view of human sexuality or behaviour from what you are spouting. 

Your clear intolerance towards any values that differ from your own puritanical attitudes is couched in terms of foreign (i.e. American) influence but fails to recognise that some of us are perfectly capable of thinking matters through for ourselves and are quite happy with our current moral values. I suspect yours is the mindset that will probably argue that anyone who doesn't think like you is not what you would term a 'proper' Indian!   
Edited by Deepthought - 8 years ago

qwertyesque thumbnail

that some is really miniscule and let me hear what should be the right moral values according to to you?