TOI:Sudha Chandran: I want performance to be my style statement

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

She made the dark world of vamps on the small screen fashionable with her saris, elaborate bindis and chunky jewellery. But veteran actress-danseuse Sudha Chandran says she wants her performance to speak for her and be her 'style statement'. 

Sudha, an accomplished Bharatnatyam dancer who pursued her passion with a Jaipur foot after losing a leg early on in her life, took the world of television by a storm with her performance with shades of grey in TV show 'Kaahin Kissii Roz'. Now, she is back on the celluloid with 'Naagin' in a positive avatar. 

Asked how she will take the fashion quotient a notch higher this time, she told IANS: "I want my performance to be my style statement. This time we have worked on a couple of things. LetA's see how far it goes".

'Naagin', which is aired on Colors channel, brings to the small screen a whimsical world of snakes who can take human form. It unfolds a love story with conflicting feelings and underlying emotions of revenge. Sudha plays role of mother of the male protagonist, essayed by Arjun Bijlani.

The actress says she walks onto a set with an "open mind", and she trusts the director. 

"I'm a director's actress. I believe that they have conceived the show. It is their baby...It becomes easier when the director tells character's starting point. It gives a basic background of the role and then you can put in all other ingredients with experience," she said. 

IANS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Maybe there's a reason for her OTT acting in this show then? Because she's generally a really good actress. 
HaymurS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
tfs..
she is a really good actress so hope she tones down a bit of her OTT act