~Rizwan Ahmed khan~ Retribution vs Compunction

pinkeye thumbnail

As I mentioned in my other post that as today's episode belonged to brilliant portrayal of the male protagonist, here dedicating the special post to that man- Rizwan Ahmed Khan. ⭐️⭐️😳

Who is Rizwan Ahmed Khan? A brainwashed individual with specific target to fulfil in the name of bringing justice to his compatriots or a man with a heart which craves for affection and sense of belonging? Is he a shrewd , cunning well trained agent of enemy state or a broken soul who still gets haunted by loss of loved ones? I guess the most difficult question to answer at this moment. but to get it in a simple manner , lets put it this way that- Duality is synonymous with this man. FRom his identity to his core feelings, the only thing which defines his personality is theambivalence. And did the scenesfrom today's episodereflect that duplexity? Oh hell yes and that too in most flawless manner. For that the writers deserve applause and thus here it is- πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

Do we start living in the web of lies we create ourselvesto avoid the harsh reality as it gives solace to our troubled feelings? But deep down we still know that all these are nothing but an illusion? Today Rizwan's constant struggle to come to terms with his own battlingemotions made me feel so. He knows his target, he knows his priorities and may be he knows he has his obligations to fulfil to give justice to his nation and to a man who gave him shelter when he was alone. But does that calm down other raging emotions for the companion he is bound with by intention as well as fate. I felt so so deeply touched when through that sieve window, he stared at preet's smile and his eyes spoke volumes without uttering a single word with that heartbeat bg music from kal ho na ho. A poignant scene to show heart strings getting strung so hard that it overshadows the convictions so dedicatedly protected in mind for years.A stellar scene. ❀️

His dialogues echoed his conflict so well. But for today the show staeler was silence shown between the couple. In another scne when Preet breaks down sobbing and Rizwan coming back and looking at her break dsown and feeling helpless was beautifully etched. in another post I asked if Rizwan Ahmed khan acknowldeged the marriage, he himself answered it that for me- Mera namm juda hai us se! ❀️❀️Deep down Rizwan Ahmed Khan surely has found his partner for life who would travelling along through the journey of life and in that vulnerable moment , he admitted it. Did I love it? I absolutely adored it thanks to my sadist romantic heart.

But the most beautiful scene belonged to the man and the child whom he cared for in her most crisis period- Kavya. The innocence in her eyes and the affection in Rizwan's eyes for her showed that no amount of hatred candissolve the loving bond these two share. But as Sana wanted to remind yeh tumahri aapni beti nahi hai, , tumhare saare appne us paar hai. The reply the conflicted mangavejust nailed the scene- MERA NA KOI AAPNA IS PAAR HAI NA US PAAR! ⭐️

Rizwan ke aapne rahe nahi aur Ishan who sach me hai nahi. Absolute heart wrenching. He so well knows that he does not belong to any one being Rizwan after loosing everything he ever had and Hoodas are never going to be partof his life inspite of the strong attachment formed. that sense of belonging for which he always craved for is a lie and thus he wants to live in the bubble. πŸ’”πŸ’”

The duality is not only shown in his character but also in the way his emotions get tuned too. I love that treatment in the show. Sana depicted his emotions getting channelized towards negativity by her constant reminder of his mission accomplishment. He was not only getting constantlymoulded psychologically in growing years, till date that continues and I guess it will continue till it reaches the point of climax. In contrast Preet and her honesty, her devotion, her care and her love soothes his wounded, scarred soul and thus when she wants to embrace him in her arms for being her saviour alwayshe dies thousand deaths and it injures him badly but still can't reciprocate her feelings thanks to his commitment.Depiction of emotional conditioning of human psyche in contrasting manner, interestingly shown.πŸ‘πŸΌ

its an exciting journey ahead for the man in thiswar of retribution vs compunction. It would be one fierce struggle damaging lot of other people and causing slow death of the man himself. His helplessness makes him vulnerable yet violent, aggressive which showed in the last scene of today's episode. was that act only to divert her attention or it was all his pent up emotions after all those instigation? Reserving my response till tomorrow. The scene showed the intensity , passion and fervour Rizwan had in his heart and made it so explosive. I find himdifficult to assess actually. in this sceneIts impossible to support what he is uptowhile executing the plan on one side whereas very difficult to overlook his emotional turmoil. and Too many emotions running I suppose. 😳

But today Rizwan Ahmed Khan's feelings defined the song used for him so frequently in the show-

Kaise teri khudgarzi ,

na dhoop chune na chaaon,

kaisi teri khudgarzi,

na thaur tike na paanv

Kaisi teri khudgarzi
Lab namak rame naa misree
Kaisi teri khudgarzi
Tujhe preet purani bisri..
Mast Maula, mast Kalandar
Tu hawa kaa ek bavandar
Bujh ke yoon andar hi andar
Kyun reh gaya..

Hope you finally have the heart and mind at peace to choose the feeling which owns you.

The post would be incomplete without special mention to the man who is depicting it onscreen- Iqbal Khan. I was surprised as he chose this role. But now I know what a brave decision he made and how wholeheartedly he portrays it. Always knew he is great actor , but today few scenes just proved that he has sharpened his acting skills with time and experience and he is going to be stellar in portraying this conflicted soul. take a bow for today's portrayal. πŸ‘

P.S- Sorry for such a long post though. But as all scenes of Rizwan was such that I had to write this long essay. Looking forward to hear your take on the scenes. So please do post your views. 😳

Edited by pinkeye - 8 years ago

Fantasia. thumbnail
ooo res !!Beautiful title
EDITED

Must say you write beautifully!

Coming back to the episode, a few days earlier i mentioned how i wanted this show to focus on the confused emotions of Rizwan and highlight how innocent lives are destroyed in this so coaled war started by third parties and i am so DAMN happy its happening. Today was Rizwan's episode! From the first to the last minute!!

beginning from the unlocking of the safe scene. He knows everybody's birth date, he knows what his Bade papa is and can hold most dear t his heart. Its his love for his bade papa that he was able to open the safe. 

The window scene stole my heart. I am stuck on his helplessness .. "lekin wo ht bhirasa karti hai mujh per .. khud se zyada bharosa karti hai .. ghalat ho jaye ga". He was so damn helpless that he was ready to find any middle way which wont involve Preet. Sana kept on reminding him all the drawbacks his realtion with Preet had but he kept on looking at him, helpless and frustrated. 

Then my favorite was when he tried to reason Preet that she shouldn't be bothered, he tried his best to find her a comfortable and acceptable reasoning, he kept looking at her crying but could just stand there. 

The scene where he returns the keys, i agree with sana, it was a chance for him to return it to preet, otherwise, f he had been sharp he would have asked to keep them himself and Preet would have agreed, but he couldn't. 

Then his conversation with Sana - the conflict that he cannot be Rizwan and his surroundings dont let him live Ishaan's life was so evident in his eyes. He confessed .. Mera na koi us paar haina ispar .. it was the voice of an empty human tired of running behind a fragile slogan of revenge but Sana was there was quickly manipulate. 

and then was the heartstealer scene - Kavya and Rizwan! Hearing her voice he just knelled down forgetting everything, he just made all those cute faces and promised his daughter to come soon. His frustration , his anger, his intolerance - he just cannot listen to Sana saying that kavya is not his daughter. It cuts him inside and the blood is evident in his eyes.

and then the last scene, where he is about to get the keys with the only last way possible, but still the undercurrent of his dialogues was everything that Sana taunted him about. He questioned every damn thing that Sana questioned him! OH MAN!! 

So, the credit of all this goes to the CVs, hats off for devoting a complete episode to highlight the emotions of Rizwan, is guilt his helplessness and then IQBAL KHAN. Take a bow you rockstar!! I have never seen such a powerful portrayal of emotions, have never seen someone portraying a conflicting heart and eyes language with such ease and impact. IQBAL KHAN is proving to be a gem with every passing episode. not only is he smoking hot and super handsome, this man knos how to act! and that is just perfection! Ekta was right .. Iqbal has a face whose story people want to listen!
Edited by Fantasia. - 8 years ago
kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Can't wait to read ...love love the title...very fitting indeed...
Rizwan vs Ishan..

The whole epi was shown this along with Chabi drama

Iqbal was just mind blowingly outstanding in portraying the conflict...that his character was facing...just fabulously brilliant Iqbal was...Awesome...πŸ‘β­οΈπŸ‘

pinkeye thumbnail

Finally unreserved the post. Do share your thoughts about the episode friends. Looking forward.

Loveforlife thumbnail
Iqbal and Mona were fabulous!! My heart just went out to Ishaan and Preet when Preet just sat there sobbing and Ishaan kept looking at her helplessly... Loved reading your post... Entertaining and thought provoking episode! πŸ‘
Fantasia. thumbnail
Beautiful topic πŸ˜³
Edited my post!
pinkeye thumbnail
@ Fantasia, thanks for liking the topic. You wrote such a beautiful write up in reply dear. Would try to respond to that later. But each scene you mentioned was brilliant.

@kubare, yes the episode was high on entertainment. But as I love the complexities shown by certain characters in fiction, I was so overwhelmed by the portrayal of emotions of the protagonist. Iqbal surely took the title of Star of the episode by his acting prowess.

@Ravina, precap is very usual ekta drama type. Lets see whats in store. But it did surprise me that Rizwan took the blame, is it out of concern or to remain good in the eyes of Hoodas, the adarsh beta, adarash pati as he is posing to be.
Mehek25 thumbnail
Wonderful post dear...
Very thought provoking...
You have put into words my feelings perfectly...
I also was touched by the two main scenes...Rizwan-Kavya and IshPreet...
As for Iqbal Khan I am at a loss for words to praise his acting skills...I have always considered him a very good actor but in this role he has far surpassed his previous skills...Hats off to him for portraying the inner turmoil of the man so beautifully...

I don't know if I am correct in my assumption but I think love will change him...not only Prret's and Kavya's love..but the entire Hooda family's love...From what I can see there can only be two ways this story can go...either he is hated by all when his true identity is revealed..or he realises how mistaken and misled he has been all these years and the only he can make amends is by teaming up with the padosi desh against his own country...

Finally one thing  must say...The way he said mera na iss paar koi hai na uss paar koi hai..were heart-wrenching and actually brought tears to my eyes...

Must admit one thing here.. when I heard the story line I was skeptical as to why he had accepted such a role but after seeing his acting since the identity-revelation episode I understood that he has shown great courage in accepting such a challenging role... And whatever the fate of this show after seeing Iqbal Khan yesterday I have decided to stick by it till t least he is there... 

idonkno thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Pinkeye
What an amazing post this is! Beautifully written :) I loved reading every bit of it :)

I am actually surprised that Ekta could come up with such a truly ROUND character of Rizwaan Ahmed Khan! I guess the last and only character etched out by her that I liked was of Sujal's...

The inner struggle of Rizwaan is the meat of the story for me and this what will keep me glued to the story because I want to know the choices he'll make in the face of these conflicts! 

A great character for me is one who suffers from such internal conflicts as it makes it more relatable and realistic for me!

Thanks for this amazing post! Iqbal is simply superb :)
Nichuss thumbnail
just loved the episode... more than the drama... i was hooked to the person Rizwan.
his innerturmoil... war between love or mission... when he saw preet crying he had urge to hug her n give the key back... but his revenge over india won both times.. it would be intresting to watch till when revenge wins over love... when he will realise more than revenge... love f hooda family and respect ... his daughter n wife matters him more...

i thank ekta for protraying iqbal as rizwan... he s the best choice n he s giving the apt rizwan too... 

this also says that love is more powerful than hatred... 

waiting for rizwan to turn ishaan hooda than being Rizwan Khan