Celebrating the King's 50th Birthday - Happy Birthday SRK

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

It has been 50 years. Yes. Half a century. He came, he ruled, he conquered millions of hearts, and he is still on. Picture Abhi Baaki Hai Mere Dost...
So here's wishing the Baadshah of Bollywood, the King Khan, the King of Romance, Shah Rukh Khan a very very Happy Birthday! There have been good times, bad times, happy times, sad times, hits, blockbusters, flops, disasters, but he is not here to think about all that. He is here to rule. He is that true inspiration, he is that man who came to Mumbai with nothing but some willingness to do.  And there he is today. He is Shah Rukh Khan. The one man every man knows. Love him, hate him, you cannot ignore him. So yeah,

Hamare filmon ki tarah, hamare zindagi mein bhi end mein..
Sabkuch thik ho jaati hai,
Happy Ending!
Aur agar na ho, toh woh end nahi hai,
Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost!

May SRK keeps on ruling our hearts and Bollywood forever. And he will.
So let us wish the Baadshah and celebrate like never before.
Kya paata kal ho na ho!

Edited by CaptainSpark - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan was born on 2nd November, and debuted into acting with a television series in the 1980s. He made his Bollywood debut with Deewana. He had acted in more than 80 Bollywood films. Khan has been best appreciated for his performances in negative roles early in his career, and later rose to prominence as a romantic hero. He is known as the King of Romance today. He has given us some amazing films, among which many deserve a special mention.

Baazigar (1993) witnessed Shah Rukh Khan in the role of an anti hero for the first time, and also marks his first collaboration with actress Kajol. Later the SRK-Kajol pair went on to become one of the best on screen jodis of Bollywood. Baazigar brought him the first Filmfare Best Actor Award.

Darr (1993) is yet another film where SRK gives a fantastic performance in a negative role which is considered one of his career's best. Darr marks his first collaboration with director Yash Chopra. Chopra cast SRK in his films manier times later.

And some things never change...

The film which made Shah Rukh Khan the King of Romance is Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. It became the biggest hit of Bollywood, as is still on in Maratha Mandir, Mumbai. The film completed 20 years on 20th October, 2015. Khan received his Filmfare Best Actor Award for DDLJ. The film went on to become a classic in Indian Cinema, and SRK-Kajol became one of the best pairs of Indian Cinema.

Another film which made SRK the prominent King of Romance is Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. SRK worked with his friend director-produced Karan Johar for the first time in his directorial debut, alongside co-stars Kajol and Rani Mukherjee. The film is one of the biggest hits of Indian Cinema, and one of the best rom-coms till date.

Not as popular as the earlier one, but a heart touching performance of Shah Rukh Khan was in Mohabbatein, where he played Raj Aryan Malhotra, opposite Aishwarya Rai.

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham marks SRK's next collaboration with close friend Karan Johar. KKKg had  a large cast, and SRK starred opposite Kajol.

Someone like Aman Mehra is difficult to find, difficult to lose and difficult to share. Salute to the King for being so flawless.

Veer Zaara is another timeless classic love story where SRK played Veer alongside Preity Zinta's Zaara.

Shah Rukh Khan played Don, which is said to be the remake of Amitabh Bachchan's classic Don, under Farhan Akhtar's direction. As usual he rocked at his best in a negative role.

Shah Rukh Khan's best performance till date is in Chak De! India, where he played Kabir Khan, an Indian hockey player and Women's hockey team coach. He won his Filmfare Best Actor yet again, and got immense critical acclaim for the film.

Om Shanti Om is one of SRK's biggest hit. He launched Deepika Padukone with it.

There is an extraordinary love story in every ordinary jodi. SRK taught us this as Surinder Sahni/ Raj. SRK starred in Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi alongside debutant Anushka Sharma.

SRK starred opposite Kajol after 9 years in My Name is Khan. He played Rizwan, different from other people, and with a special ability to repair mechanical things. He got immense critical acclaim for his performance, and the Filmfare Best Actor Award.

In 2013, SRK starred in Chennai Express opposite Deepika Padukone under Rohit Shetty's direction. The film became one of the highest grossers of Bollywood, and broke many records, becoming a blockbuster.

Shah Rukh Khan is one of the most decorated Bollywood actors. He has received 14 Filmfare Awards from 30 nominations, including eight for Best Actor; he is tied for the most in the category with Dilip Kumar. Shah Rukh Khan has won the Filmfare Best Actor award for Baazigar (1993), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Devdas (2002), Swades (2004), Chak De! India (2007) and My Name Is Khan (2010). At times, he has garnered as many as three of the five total Filmfare Best Actor nominations. Although he has never won a National Film Award, he was awarded the Padma Shriby the Government of India in 2005. The Government of France has awarded him both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (2007), and its highest civilian honour, the Lgion d'honneur (2014).
CaptainSpark thumbnail

''There has never been an actor like him. Personally, for me he is my god, my hero and brother. I don't have to think about how he'll play a character. He does all the thinking on his own. The character comes from my heart. And then Shah Rukh takes over. Shah Rukh needs no presentation. His presence is enough. He gives a sub-text, graph and everything that a character needs. He understands what I want from his performance. And he gives that extra bit by himself.I feel I fail Shah Rukh. When will I give him that one film where I'll write a role that would do justice to him?''
~ Karan Johar

''I have always had great experience working with him. He is one actor who has never asked me what the story is about, how much money he will charge...whatever amount I send him through cheque he takes that and rather asks me why I gave such a huge amount.''
~ Yash Chopra

"Shah Rukh Khan is an energetic man. He is a genius."
~ Amitabh Bachchan

"My husband and Shah Rukh are my favourite co-stars. Shah Rukh is a friend."
~ Kajol

"Shah Rukh and I are fine. He is like family to me. Just because people don't see me at his dos doesn't mean we've fallen out. There are four people with whom I can never stay out of touch - Karan (Johar), Shah Rukh, Aamir (Khan) and Adi (Aditya Chopra). They are instrumental in shaping my career in Bollywood."
~ Rani Mukherji

"I really had a great time working with Shah Rukh Khan. He recently got his leg injured but still he has so much strength in him. I don't know from where he gets the strength and energy. He is always on fire and goes all out to be the best for his fans. He is very passionate and dedicated about his work even today,"
~ Madhuri Dixit

''
I like Shah Rukh though we do not get along and don't talk. Upar wale ne use itni izzat aur shohrat di hai and then there are people who will come and bitch him out to me that I can't stand at all. We are not best friends any more, but are normal and cordial. He thinks. He plans. God has given him a mind and he uses that and is a hardworking man.''
~ Salman Khan

''I have never been intimidated or scared when it comes to him and I give him the credit for it. I am very, very dependent on him now in terms of...(breaks off) You know there are always those few equations in everyone's lives that you build along the way and you know that you can rely on those people. You can trust them and rely on them to be there if you're ever stuck or confused about anything in life. He is definitely that person in my life.  I think that's how the relationship has evolved. ''
~ Deepika Padukone

''
Eating at tiny Lebanese restaurant. Waitress asks where from? When I say India, she smiles and says: I really like Shah Rukh Khan.''
~ Anupama Chopra

''
It was a pleasure meeting Shah Rukh Khan on our Brahmotsavam sets today. The entire cast and crew were thrilled. Humbled.''
~ Mahesh Babu

CaptainSpark thumbnail

#1. Shah Rukh Khan was named Abdul Rehman by his maternal grandmother which was changed into Shahrukh later by his father inspired by his sister's name Lalarukh, which literally translates into King like face.' He prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan and feels lucky that his father changed his name, as Abdul Rehman would have never suited a film star.

#2. "Beta, Kuch kaam karna. Aur naa mann ho to mat karna, kyunki jo kuch nahi karte woh kamaal karte hai!" All of SRK's wit and sense of humour that we talk about should actually be attributed to his father's witty and charming persona. Such statements were a part of his daily life and it seems he learnt from the best.

#3. During his school days, Shah Rukh acted like he was having an epileptic attack in order to bunk a class. His acting was so realistic that the teacher allowed his friends to take him away and make him rest. What happened after shows his mischievous side even more - instead of escaping immediately, one of his friends went to the class again, to ask for the teacher's leather shoes as making an epileptic person during an attack smell leather is an Indian remedy. The poor teacher had to walk with just one shoe for the rest of the day, courtesy SRK.

#4. Gauri Khan, in an interview with Simi Garewal, talks about how he is always making people around him laugh with his witty comments and jokes. Shah Rukh also went on to say that he makes funny Qawwalis out of classic hindi songs in order to entertain Gauri. Calling her a lucky woman would be an understatement!

#5. As a student, SRK, when asked by his school teacher what he would like to become in future, said that he would go to Bollywood. His teacher tried to explain him that his dream was a bit unrealistic as he had no contacts there. He even tried to talk to his mother who in turn replied, "If my Shah Rukh says it will happen, it will happen!" The faith his parents had in his dreams was extremely valuable. The teacher has went on record to say that he regretted the fact that he did not have as much faith on Shah Rukh as his mother had and that he was very happy that he has been proven wrong!

Shah Rukh Khan's life stories cannot be described by one adjective - they are inspiring, funny, sad, realistic, honest, humbling and lovable - all at the same time. He is a man who is unapologetically himself. He is a man who is an arrogant actor but a humble star. His life is as good as a film script. May his film never end, and we hope kindness and love never leave your side

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan owns the team Kolkata Knight Riders with Juhi Chawla and Raj Mehta in the Indian Premier League. KKR has won the IPL twice, and we have seen Shah Rukh cheering and supporting them through the victorys and defeats.

SRK is frequently seen in matches with his children Aryan, Suhana and AbRam.

Shah Rukh Khan also owns Red Chillies Entertainment, which is his home production house. The company is handled by Gauri Khan and him together. Red Chillies have produced many hits among which Om Shanti Om, Chennai Express and Happy New Year are a few successful SRK starrers. Red Chillies have also given the industry some amazing VFX in Ra One.
CaptainSpark thumbnail

Why we love SRK? What is amazing about him? On the King's 50th Birthday, here are 50 Reasons why SRK is, was, and always will be the best among the best.

#1 Nobody can teach you to love like he can. Romance is Shah Rukh Khan

#2 His eyes speak a thousand words, in a thousand ways, with thousand beautiful feelings.

#3 When he cries, we too cry.

#4 Cause no freaking one can do that signature pose. No one.

#5 Damn! His beard is freaking hot!

#6 Not only off-screen, on screen too he is just the most romantic.

#7 His on screen lines are life. #Jeeyo, haaso, muskurao, kya pata kal ho na ho.." or something like "Agar woh mujhse pyaar karti hai..."

#8 He is the most loving father to his children.

#9 Cause his pair with Kajol is the best and none can match them!

#10 He is the only anti-hero who makes you love him even when he is the obsessive lover!

#11 His off screen quotes are the most inspiring lines.
"It is not special to be special. It is special to be ordinary."

#12 His characters are the dream lovers of every girl! An Aman Mehra or a Raj Malhotra is hard to find.

#13 He is the wittiest actor in some time!

#14 His sarcasm is so classy that we give him a standing ovation.

#15 Because he is the only Bollywood actor in whose films the heroine's name comes before him.

#16 Even if the film is as bad as Happy New Year, we watch it for Shah Rukh Khan.

#17 Cause every man should treat his woman like Shah Rukh Khan treats Gauri Khan.

#18 He is not Shah Rukh Khan, but Dr Shah Rukh Khan.

#19 Cause his film DDLJ is the only film  in history to run in theatres for 20 years, and STILL COUNTING.

#20 Cause even if he is 50, he does not look 50.

#21 And when he smiles, the whole world stops, and stares for a while.

#22 The way he answers questions in interviews, none can.

#23 Nobody could do Kabir Khan like he did.

#24 He is a hero. An inspiration.

#25 He came to Bollywood with nothing but a dream. He dared to dream, and he became what he is.

#26 He takes failure as normally as he takes success. According to him, success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble.

#27 He makes the  names Raj and Rahul so so special.

#28 He is hardworking, dedicated and focused.

#29 He is not a star. His fans are. And SRK told us that.

#30 He dared to take the risk of playing an anti hero in the earliest days of his career.

#31 He is the most friendly and humble guy ever.

#32 It took a lot to built Mannat. It did not happen in a day, and we know that.

#33 He interacts with his fan like no other star.

#34 He has a unique style!

#35 He does not hesitate to work even when he is injured.

#36 The way he says I love you..Enough said.

#37 He does not live on remakes 😉

#38 He might not be the best dancer of the lot. But he dances. And make us love him.

#39 He started with Deewana, and made everyone his Deewana.

#40 He is our DON. Jisko pakarna mushkil hi nahi, na mumkin hai.

#41 He cheers and stands by his team through thick and thin.

#42 He has a gifted sense of humour.

#43 He has unlimited energy!!

#44 He is the way he is. No compromises.

#45 He is a great actor. Admit it.

#46 He got a Filmfare for his performance in an unsuccesful film like Swades.

#47 He is a genius. His brain works faster than most. And we heard it for Senior Bachchan himself.

#48 He has been the only actor cast by both Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra in their directed films till now.

#49 We love Shah Rukh Khan because we love him. He is the best. He is someone special. He is SRK. The King.

#50 Hum ekbaar jeete hai, ekbaar marte hai, shaadhi bhi ekhi baar hota hai, aur Shah Rukh Khan, ek hi hota hai.

CaptainSpark thumbnail

The King of Romance has a number of Queens onscreen whom we love watching..

Kajol - The King's Ultimate Queen

Rani - Simplicity at its best

Juhi - One of SRK's best chemistry

Aishwarya - Beauty at its best

Preity - Deep Heartfelt Chemistry

Deepika - Too Much Fun!

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Let the GOD decorate each GOLDEN RAY OF THE SUN reaching you with wishes of Success,
Happiness and prosperity for YOU
Wish you a super duper Happy Birthday🥳
Love u SRK❤️

- aditya_anjaana

-gadhadad

Credits

aditya_anjaana - Tags and Creations Collection
Cutiepie Rani - For helping in the content
Mod Aahaana - For Permission
KKKG Tumblr - GIFs
Tumblr Creations/Photos - Tumblr Blogs (Variety)
Captain Spark - Text and Thread Compilation
To All SRKians - For loving and supporting Shah Rukh Khan
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
reserved

I don't think there are enough words to describe my love for this man. I can type paragraphs on him, but still they would be less. He is truly every girl's dream man. From Raj to Rahul, he's charmed us all in one way or another. What this man has accomplished is truly incredible. He has touched us and charmed us in many various ways.

Wishing my jaanu, my baby, everyone's jaanu and baby a very happy 50th birthday! May you live many many many many more years and continue to entertain us with your charm and personality! 

He came, he stayed, he conquered. The king of hearts, Shahrukh Khan. Here'swishing him the happiest of birthdays. He's been every co-star's delight to work with & and every fan girl's dream guy. From Deewana to Happy New Year, he's worked his magic in every movie. 50 years in this beautiful world and still going so strong. You just simply gotta love this man. He's just tooo amazing. His charm, his personality, his dimples. 

All I can wish for is that God continues to give him lots of success, but more importantly blesses him with good health for many years to come. Lots of love to my King Khan, my jaanu, my shona, my everything. He's given us all many reasons to smile. And I can only pray that God gives him just as many reasons to smile as well.

It is without doubt that Shah Rukh is truly a chamatkar to all his well wishers around the world. He is not any girl's King Uncle, but rather every girl's Baadshah. Spanning his life from childhood to adulthood, SRK ban gaya gentleman, and since then, he has easily made every girl deewana for him. 

Whenever we see him and Gauri together, our unbidden hearts automatically chant "rab ne bana di jodi", as the mohabbatein between them is more then evident. Not one to disappoint, Shah Rukh is always present to saymain hoon na to his millions of fans across the globe,  causing the female population to swoon and utter "hum tumhare hain sanam", as who knows, kal ho naa ho.

He has always taught his family, friends and fans alike to stop living like Devdas as life is all about kabhi khushi kabhie gham. Well wishers living abroad have been taught to fall in love with India because pardes is nothing compared to swades. He has made fans who live abroad understand that despite being born in another country and living there their whole life, phir bhi dil hai Hindustani, as oh darling! Yeh hai India!

Shah Rukh has made every girl believe that one day dilwale dulhania le jayenge. Every time we see the King of romance on screen, kuch kuch hota hai and we fervently wish there was a duplicate of our own somewhere in the world. He has has taught people that that there is no such thing as darr as life is a mysterious paheli. He has given us a lot of josh to overcome any struggles and challenges. We may not know the anjaam of things to come, but we do know that this dil to pagal hai for Shah Rukh. SRK, Baazigar, tu hai bada jadugar!

Your name is Khan and we love you so much dil se! Please Shah Rukh, kabhi alvida naa kehnakyunki hum hain rahi pyar ke, phir milenge, chalte chalte. We will always continue showering our love for you, jab tak hain jaan and beyond!

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 8 years ago
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
VISHAL DADLANI @VishalDadlani  

Happy birthday to the one and only @iamsrk ! "DILWALE" is going to be the biggest film in many years, and may the successes keep on coming!

Uday Chopra @udaychopra  

Fan!!! Happy Birthday @iamsrk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKziLmjSVB4&feature=youtu.be ...

taran adarsh @taran_adarsh  

Dearest @iamsrk . Please continue to smile, shine and sparkle. Happy birthday. Stay blessed!

Boman Irani @bomanirani  Mumbai, Maharashtra

Not seen a slip in his spritely step nor his mental ticker & fatigue is for those who try to keep up with him.50? Ok!Happy birthday @iamsrk

RAGHAV @raghavworldwide  

Happy birthday @iamsrk .. Dream come true to have sung a song in which I'm your voice... #ishqshava

Karan Johar @karanjohar  

Happy birthday Bhai!!!!! @iamsrk...all the love from all of us at @DharmaMovies

Karan Johar @karanjohar  

A big reason for my beginning as a filmmaker..I will always be grateful...Happy 50 Bhai!!! Your golden era is legendary.. Big love @iamsrk

Ayushmann Khurrana @ayushmannk  

Ayushmann Khurrana Retweeted YRF Talent

Was 1 of the lucky few to see the first cut of this at yrf, few days back. Was waiting since then. SRK fans' delight

Parineeti Chopra @ParineetiChopra  

OMG completely unexpected!! SRK in and as FAN!!! Loooveee it :) @iamsrk https://youtu.be/vKziLmjSVB4 

Ayushmann Khurrana @ayushmannk  

He's the reason I dreamt of becoming an actor. He's the reason I studied mass comm. He's the reason I believe in love. Happy Bdy @iamsrk sir

Mushtaq Shiekh @shiekhspear  

Over the years I have seen his fans going crazy for @iamsrk But this time on his 50th Bday- The madness outside Mannat is unimaginable. #Srk

Farah Khan @TheFarahKhan  

Happy 50th to my darling @iamsrk .. 50 yrs of combined friendship, millions of happy memories n many more to come'

Hrithik Roshan @iHrithik  

Happy birthday @iamsrk may all ur FANS hv a great day 2day. applause 4 ur vision n al at red chilies! Loved it.

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 8 years ago