Will tweet who's playing Durga Rani when ready: Sujoy Ghosh

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Until filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh finally decides about his leading lady and tweets to let the world know, the mystery over who will play the role of Durga Rani Singh in his ambitious project will continue to baffle the movie aficionados. For last many days there have been conflicting reports about both, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Vidya Balan, playing the main protagonist in the film. When contacted, Sujoy said, "I am not talking on this right now...I find it silly to talk. Let media do all the talking for now. Whenever I am ready with my plan and once things happen I will tweet and everybody will come to know who is playing Durga Rani. Let the work speak." 

While there have been reports of Vidya Balan and her 'Kahaani' director sorting out their differences, Sujoy as of now is teaming up with Vidya for his film titledTE3N', which was confirmed by the director. The film, which is being produced by Sujoy and directed by Ribhu Dasgupta and will be shot in Kolkata, has Amitabh Bachchan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the lead actors while Vidya will be seen in a special appearance.  

Much earlier, Vidya was Sujoy's choice to play Durga Rani but Vidya opted out of it apparently due to health concerns, and now with their patch up happening it was heard that Vidya was back in the film. Sources said that it wasn't too difficult a decision for Vidya because she'd already okayed the script before opting out citing health reasons. But few days back, news broke that Aishwarya, who made a comeback with Sanjay Gupta's Jazbaa' has signed a two film deal with Sujoy, one of them being 'Durga Rani Singh'. Alongside, there were reports stating that Vidya is back in 'Durga Rani Singh'. 

Again, two days back, Aishwarya was quoted saying that her two film deal with Sujoy is still on. I've known Sujoy from the time he made his first film Jhankar Beats. He has been offering me films since then. I loved the two films that he offered me now. So I said yes to them', Aishwarya was quoted saying. Meanwhile, the representatives of both, Aishwarya and Vidya are tight-lipped and refuse to comment on whether their client is part of the film or not.

CREDITS: PINKVILLA
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
This means he isn't interested in Ash.