Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshi67 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: BlueMystique

"There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother." - Terri Guillemets

That scene in the temple, where Arnav pacifies Anjali, is the first time you realize the depth of his character. To the world, he might have been ASR, but to her, he was always her Chotey, and he would forever remain so. One of the things that drew me to the show, other than the sizzling chemisty between Arnav and Khushi, was this beautiful portrayal of sibling relationship between Arnav and Anjali. There was just something so endearing about it. Even if we couldn't relate to anything else in the show, this relationship was the one thing we connected to. So thank you for reflecting on that, and making me remember once again, all the aspects I loved about our beloved show.

As for Anjali's pensiveness...

"Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk." - Susan Scarf Merrell

No matter what, the brother and sister would always have each other, and that is comforting indeed.

Ruchi, please, please write more? :)

My Dear R,

"Lottle and lottle" love for your Jalebi wale meethe and A ki eyes wale warm words ;) 

That temple scene <3. The feelings of deep regret and remorse pulsating through Arnav's entire being was amazing to watch. And the way they showed Khushi's reactions as an observer was brilliant. 
And those droplets of rain on his face ... those eyes framed by those eyelashes made even longer with the water clinging to them ... sigh ... 

Lots of love hamesha,

R
Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heavens_Flower

Sometime thinking is overrated...

You asked what I think
The truth is I cannot - i.e. think
I could wish, wholeheartedly wish
I had a 'papad ka tukda'  to relish

For all of Arnav's arrogance
His love for his Di shined through
For all that is his life's essence
His devotion to his Di rang true

It was fun to imagine with you
Such a beautiful and carefree childhood
It was easy to imagine Chote too
Such a naughty and mischievous boyhood

Such an apt phrase - 'partner-in-crime'
They are that always, aren't they?
So complete is his protection every time
There is nothing beyond his Di, anyway

Thank you Ruchi, for this re-awaking
Seems, their childhood is pretty normal
Thinking of Anjali screaming is charming
Seeing Arnav being annoying is optimal

You asked what I think
The truth is I cannot - i.e. think
I could wish, wholeheartedly wish
I get more writing from you to relish

My dear Re Re, when thoughts are as eloquently and beautifully put forth, thinking can never be overrated! And I will always, always want to know yours (demanding much?!) 

Thank you for being so warm, encouraging and supportive hamesha  πŸ€—

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mirabell

Mee

Ruladiya! β€οΈ

Your words, your language, your writing - It is so evocative that it moves emotion in your reader in ways I cannot explain. I was reminded of this...

There was so much angst, longing and so  bittersweet..It was about all that she had and all that she lost - that innocence, that carefree curiosity and childhood naughtiness. But it was also a reminder of what she still had - her Chote's love and loyalty.

Kya bolun ab?

You have always had this uncanny ability to sneak under the writer's skin and psyche and gauge what she intended to say but came up short. And your comments highlight those that have been lost, hidden... They are studies unto themselves Ruchi. And why am I not surprised that you would evoke emotion in your writing? Because that is what you do every time you have something to say.

I wish that your heart continues to sing through your fingers.
I wish that you will share in plentiful coffers of tears and watery smiles.

Please write more so that this world has an opportunity to read your words. β€οΈ

Mirabell, Ab main kya bolun?! 

Your warm, unstinting praise makes me want for my heart sing so. To live up to these beautiful thoughts you have for me. 

A heartfelt thank you my dear friend  β€οΈ
Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: UV_Arshi

Wow, Ruchi!!! That was wonderful πŸ‘

What a lovely tribute to Arnav and Anjali's relationship! The memories of  a wonderful childhood - the innocence, the abundant love, the silliness and mischief, it was all so animated; I could visualise it all. Brought a smile to my face, along with it a bout of nostalgia of my own childhood with my brother. πŸ˜ƒ 

Sadly, some things don't last forever. The loss of all that to the trials and tribulations of life is tragic and difficult to deal with; you have portrayed all that amazingly.

Thankfully though, one thing that remained unchanged for her is her brother, her partner in crime and his love and dedication towards her. In spite of all her failings and lack of judgment in certain matters, she never fell short as a sister. She treasured Arnav and the relationship they had. He was the reminder, the part of the paradise that her life was once.

There was a bittersweet feel to the tale, a wistfulness in her tone which was perfect for this rendition. It's not easy to communicate all that...but you have done it so effortlessly. You're a wonderful writer, Ruchi. Please do continue writing. Would love to read more! Good luck for your literary endeavours. πŸ€—

P.S. :- Anjali's poignant reminiscence reminded me of this Welsh word that I had come across a while ago. With the OS you've exemplified this emotion, I feel. πŸ˜ƒ

My dear Aashi  πŸ€— Thank you so so much for your generous praise. 

I love what you've written here about how Anjali sees Arnav, "He was the reminder, the part of the paradise that her life was once." The promise the young boy made to his sister and the vow he made to himself had it's roots in the bond forged growing up. Happy times, secure times. 

I can't see the picture you've posted, would you mind sending it to me please :)
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Heavens_Flower

Indi you aren't alone... πŸ˜†  When I saw Rahim Chacha in that other serial my only response is to yell out "you thieves how can you take Rahim Chacha away from us".

Even lakshmi the goat is special. Ridzy (that mystique lady in blue - BlueMystique) write a whole OS on our lakshmi sometimes back and it was another Arhi story if people like it or not. If anyone ask how is a goat an Arhi story my response will be "d'oh"

Thank you for this wonderful reply. You perfectly captured my feelings about IPKKND.

hi heavens_flower,

yeah, lakshmi ji ours, and no messing with her and she is super imp in the story of asr khushi, therefore all things lakshmi are ina war arshi teehee. sigh, she was changed, then she was gone.

glad you liked the reply. thanks.

.LadyHitler. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow! This was Beautifully written! I always adored Di-Chote's relationship!
And reading this was a treat for me!
Thanks for the pm:)
Friedriceji thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Fried on Page 15 *insert kissy emoji*
coolhi1988 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
nice title...
reminding childhood days...
barsha_dash thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
This was one beautiful piece, Ruchi. Arnav and Anjali's bond was one of the reasons that I love IPKKND. Seeing a glimpse of their childhood was a treat.
Somewhere I can relate to Anjali being the elder sister. :D
Some of the moments like spending summer eating amrud and singing Raag Desh made me nostalgic. I miss those summer holidays.
And my mother still says, "Tum badi ho" whenever my sister snatches something from my plate.
Now that I have returned to hostel after spending ample time with my sister, this OS is making me miss her all the more.
Thank you for writing this.😊

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: scrapbooker

That was beautiful... and that was an ode to all the brothers and sisters out there... coz honestly it made me remember my own childhood, except my brother is older... and I would follow HIM around and make a general pest of myself. My things were mine and HIS things were mine! If I wanted something, I think I asked him before I asked my mother. If I were in trouble for something, he would jump in with a distraction and more often than not end up getting scolded. The funny thing is he is only a couple of years older than I am.

So Arshi67, my love... This was PERFECTION! This was all the memories and moments of childhood that we hold in our hearts but forget to visit. I LOVED IT!

P.S. Keep writing. You OWE it to us!

P.P.S I never thought that Arnav crossed the line, politically incorrect, I know! But if we think about what he actually saw and heard on that terrace... That's pretty darned UNFORGIVABLE! Just sayin'

S, your exuberant enthusiasm is exhilarating! And so so infectious! Thank you <3

And your "My things were mine and HIS things were mine" so resonates with me ... only I was at the receiving end  πŸ˜†