Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alex1 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@ shruthiravi, @all, Thank you for your explicit detailed review on this thread and the many threads of the ETCETS's forum.

The web has been a problem of late even in most of our industrialized countries.  IF's like button works sometimes and sometimes it takes such a long time to write that one just gives up for the moment.  Even though I consider myself Indian, I was brought up in a Westernized World and don't know much about the culture/norms, traditions of India but what I can say from life experiences is that in my opinion it seems that society in general have the same kind of abnormal unnatural perverted way of personally viewing, talking about and accepting changes of life in general. 
Every culture it seems, dating back centuries as far back as when man started writing history or from folk-tales, it has been passed down generations of what, how, why, when, where we personally feel about most traditions and it takes centuries before anything is changed.  A snail's progress.

ETCETS was one such story which had so many twisted abnormal traditions that still exist in this genY era. Take for example: Most people in our society believe that their own race is superior to another.  It is instilled in us how good we are compared to others.  Like someone else on this forum mentioned Abortion is taboo to most whilst miscarriage is accepted more so even if there are still some who will say that "You did something wrong or for sure it is a curse of some sort if a miscarriage happens Wo Bi in today's day and age.  This I know for a fact because I am a medical professional and hear words like this from very distinguished high level educational professionals.

I am very glad ETCETS brought to light a lot of misguided ways of life.  Sadly it could not reach many more people even in what is considered by most as the most modern, technologically advanced industrialized developed nations but I still have hopes that this was the first in a trend that more and more short stories with life's realities producers will bring forward and more people could be exposed to such abnormal norms and at least give it a second thought if nothing else.  Thanks again to all.  Alex
Edited by alex1 - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@alex I am an IT professional and an active member of the CSR wing of my organization. I deal with education track and have spend my time mentoring young students.
And in this IT era you still see superstitions, cant do attitudes and how is it possible rules the world. it takes effort and lot of pain to make change to one child's future especially girl children.

Still boundaries are drawn and if we say allow the girl to pursue the aptitude we are faced with the question " who will marry her if she becomes a dancer, artist, journalist etc...". I feel like screaming. First let her study, then we will think about her marriage. But you cant, you move patiently with these people.
There were many occasions I had come back and cried in my room because I failed to change convictions. When you work with 20 or 30 students you get one success and actually that one success is what keep you going.

We need shows like Ek tha Chander Ek thi Sudha to reach wider audience as TV is a very impactful medium and what it currently shows is regressive things
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
👏 to this whole topic thread. 
I have nothing to add. OP and replies have said it all.