Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Well from the looks of things she had an abortion which means that her husband and the in-laws were not nice to her!
snehaHCAPK thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yes she had an abortion bt the reason was not given. its nt even mentioned in d book bt in d book it was mentioned that sudha was nt taking care of herself n she used to eat only one time in a day. kailash used to be very concerned for her. bt nothing is mentioned clearly. during her illness sudha blames kailash for this condition of hers. the day he left for australia sudha had abortion in afternoon. so i feel it might be a miscarriage that happened bcoz of kailash's mistake. i wonder can it be a mistake of words i mean the author might wanted to say miscarriage n wrote abortion. watever it is nothing is clearly mentioned so i give kailash d benefit of doubt.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cshafkat

Well from the looks of things she had an abortion which means that her husband and the in-laws were not nice to her!

No, it could be that she had an abortion because she herself could not take the situation of being in the marriage. She is already depressed and cannot adjust to leaving Chander and her marriage.  It doesn't have to be that the husband and in-laws were not nice to her.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: snehaHCAPK

yes she had an abortion bt the reason was not given. its nt even mentioned in d book bt in d book it was mentioned that sudha was nt taking care of herself n she used to eat only one time in a day. kailash used to be very concerned for her. bt nothing is mentioned clearly. during her illness sudha blames kailash for this condition of hers. the day he left for australia sudha had abortion in afternoon. so i feel it might be a miscarriage that happened bcoz of kailash's mistake. i wonder can it be a mistake of words i mean the author might wanted to say miscarriage n wrote abortion. watever it is nothing is clearly mentioned so i give kailash d benefit of doubt.

Even if it were a miscarriage, it's not necessarily a mistake in vocabulary. A miscarriage is technically an abortion, it falls under abortion. Many English speaking Indians (and I'm guessing this is probably a carry over from old British usage as well) who are maybe 40 plus, I have heard using the word 'abortion' for miscarriage. That too, even some in the medical field.
amslucas thumbnail
I prefer to think miscarry. Abortion is too big and out of our storyline vision.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Sudha had a natural abortion is my take. They say septic spread in her body. So the process of abortion might have started early. Please read
It says septic abortion can start even without people knowing it. Bleeding happens very late in septic abortion. Sudha has been complaining of pain in the letter to Chander. And the show also shows Kailash having relation with her even during pregnancy. And sometimes infections can lead to septic abortion as Sudha is seen to be very frail from beginning.

Sudha's case of septic abortion was known very delayed. Either she hid the pain, or she knew she had severe problems and allowed it to worsen as she didn't want to live.
yurimehta11 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
There is only one term generally used in Hindi for both miscarriage and abortion.Miscarriage and abortion doesnt differeantiate in Hindi broadly like English .Thats might be reason of confusion.
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think it was a miscarriage. Because if it was an abortion, then Dr. Shukla would have questioned Kailash as to why it was done, during their convo. Plus, Kailash's dialogue in that scene about Sudha being too delicate seems to indicate she was having a difficult pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage.
cherrypansy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sudha had a miscarriage...to me main reason was her sorrow. She was not happy in marriage...and unhappiness/sorrow/stress all leads to high blood pressure...which in  most cases lead to miscarriages.

Agree most people use the word abortion for the miscarriage.